Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aus/Nz Update please!

Aus/Nz Update please!

Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aus/Nz Update please!

Hiya Guys
I haven't been able to get online as much as I'd like, as my computer is on a ship somewhere, headed for Perth. Our news is much the same as ever... still waiting to exchange on the house, should be this week and then we will fly asap. Our daughter has gone back to school, which has been Ok. Our mates are letting them crash at their place when we arrive, so I don't need to book accomodation, which is a real relief given that we will be getting the next availiable flight.
So, can you all update me on your news, it would be great to here how you are all doing with visa applications, emigration, settling in and living the life down under.
TT4n
In need of some expats gossip!
Larissa
Old Sep 16th 2004, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aus/Nz Update please!

No news then? Perhaps you've all been abducted by aliens

Has anyone heard from the Pompey girls?
I have spoken to Sandra, she is settling in well... she has got a rental with a pool, so we're be round there in a flash lol!
I'm meeting Petra for lunch today... but no news from anyone else!

We're arriving in Perth on October 12th, a bit later than we hoped, but our house took longer to exchange than anticipated. We're heading to Greece for 2 weeks first, seemed a good idea as the flights are relatively cheap from here. We're stopping in Singapore for a few days, must get to Ottakars and get a good guidebook to plan what we're going to do.
Blim took our cat Sid to the airport today - he has made all the arrangements himself, so I hope he doesn't go missing in Singapore... anyone going there, just check your chowmein (or whatever) hasn't got black fur in it.
Nasty cat has moved permanently to the next door neighbours house, which is great news as we were recommended not to take her to Aus. Last week their landlord agreed to her staying, so it's a real relief!
Our stuff is due to arrive in Perth on the 21st, then or abouts. Sandra found a cheap clearing agent and we have booked it to go into storage, since we will be arriving a fortnight later. This should be quite convenient for us, since we are staying at our mates house until we find a rental. BTW, Sandra said that finding a rental was quite hard... but our friends have been really sweet and have offered to put us up for as long as we like. We're just a tad worried about putting them out though!
For anyone wondering when to put their house on the market, do it asap. We first went on the market late May... we thought we would be out in Perth by late August, but it will now be early October. Our stuff went on the 8th of August, so we have been rattling round the house without beds, toys, TV and computer. At times the wait really got to us, especially when we were waiting to exchange on the house. Our buyer kept coming back with different surveys and trying to knock more money off. In the end, we were due to exchange... she went to London for the week and we couldn't contact her. We decided to take a jump and book the flights... but she could have pulled out at any time... it was really nerve racking.
I'm starting to feel excited now though - can't wait to get to Perth and meet up with my old Pompey mates and meet the rest of you guys... hope you are having a bevvy in October as we have important research to conduct!!!
Old Sep 16th 2004, 11:01 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Larissa. Nice to know you didn't snuff it, have a good time in Greece.

I'm not posting here any more except ve-e-ery occasionally, though you can find me in the Lounge.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Don
Hi Larissa. Nice to know you didn't snuff it, have a good time in Greece.

I'm not posting here any more except ve-e-ery occasionally, though you can find me in the Lounge.
Eeeh yup Don, how come you've got so much Karma then? Methinks you have been sucking up to everyone
Old Sep 16th 2004, 11:23 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Larissa
Eeeh yup Don, how come you've got so much Karma then? Methinks you have been sucking up to everyone
Oh, some good news...Little Don #3 due early Feb (which makes him 18 weeks right now), my wife just had another ultrasound (couldn't be there this time because I am on builder watch - though I have been to all the other ones) because she was panicking at no recent action /movement and was due a check anyway: all seems to be OK, hooray!

That deserves Karma, people!
Old Sep 16th 2004, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Don
Oh, some good news...Little Don #3 due early Feb (which makes him 18 weeks right now), my wife just had another ultrasound (couldn't be there this time because I am on builder watch - though I have been to all the other ones) because she was panicking at no recent action /movement and was due a check anyway: all seems to be OK, hooray!

That deserves Karma, people!

Awwww, that's great! Hope Choccy is settling in well too
Old Sep 16th 2004, 1:59 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Larissa!

Glad to hear the house is settled and you have a date!!

I think it was harder for Sandra because she was looking for a pool and more room etc. That's hard for a rental.

If you're going to be looking around here, you should be fine.
We had this house in a week, and there was quite a bit of choice.

We have meetups all the time, but we'll have an official one again in October I think.

Our news: I have a job(receptionist, right down in Maddington). Everything is going fine!

Seeyou soon!

Don, glad to here #3 is alright.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Simone
Hi Larissa!

Glad to hear the house is settled and you have a date!!

I think it was harder for Sandra because she was looking for a pool and more room etc. That's hard for a rental.

If you're going to be looking around here, you should be fine.
We had this house in a week, and there was quite a bit of choice.

We have meetups all the time, but we'll have an official one again in October I think.

Our news: I have a job(receptionist, right down in Maddington). Everything is going fine!

Seeyou soon!Don, glad to here #3 is alright.
Excellent news re rentals, congratulations on the job Simone. Can't wait to get me a house and a proper bed!!!
Old Sep 16th 2004, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hiya Larissa
I was wondering where you had got to

I am off on 5 October.

Hope you are well.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 10:51 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hiya Guys
I haven't been able to get online as much as I'd like, as my computer is on a ship somewhere, headed for Perth. Our news is much the same as ever... still waiting to exchange on the house, should be this week and then we will fly asap. Our daughter has gone back to school, which has been Ok. Our mates are letting them crash at their place when we arrive, so I don't need to book accomodation, which is a real relief given that we will be getting the next availiable flight.
So, can you all update me on your news, it would be great to here how you are all doing with visa applications, emigration, settling in and living the life down under.
TT4n
In need of some expats gossip!
Larissa
Hi ya,

Our wait to go to AUstralia has been dramatically shortened, we bought a business on our trip over last month and are heading off on around the 20th October to take over on the 1st Nov. HAve moved out over the last few days and are at my dads now. I find out 2moro if I am goin to be offered redundancy so everything is looking all very rosy.

Glad you are OK, and have everything sorted. MAybe see you at the October meet in Perth If I am around at the time

Kala
Old Sep 16th 2004, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Hi Larissa

Great to hear all finally going to plan..........you will arrive just in time for pole dancing!!!

Catch up soon

Teresa
Old Sep 16th 2004, 11:29 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Larissa,

Welcome to the forum.

You will find it a very good source of information and probably become addicted like so many of us.

What sort of visa are you trying for cos I believe you need an extra 5 points if you live in Pompey
Old Sep 25th 2004, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kala
Hi ya,

Our wait to go to AUstralia has been dramatically shortened, we bought a business on our trip over last month and are heading off on around the 20th October to take over on the 1st Nov. HAve moved out over the last few days and are at my dads now. I find out 2moro if I am goin to be offered redundancy so everything is looking all very rosy.

Glad you are OK, and have everything sorted. MAybe see you at the October meet in Perth If I am around at the time

Kala
Just caught up on your reply Kala :scared: Hope you are getting everything sorted, it takes bloomin ages!

We left the UK on Wednesday, for 2 weeks at my folks in Greece before flying downunder. The last day was a total nightmare, up at 5.30 am, lots of packing and cleaning to do. We had hassle at the airport as our luggage was over, we paid 40 quid extra and will have to leave some in Greece.
I'm now really knackered, must be the reaction to the stress... if anyone is planning their flight now, allow some time to just get over the whole house selling nightmare, or you'll burn out!
Larissa
PS Will be there on the 24th, see ya Kala!
Old Sep 25th 2004, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Swifts
Hi Larissa

Great to hear all finally going to plan..........you will arrive just in time for pole dancing!!!

Catch up soon

Teresa
Cheers Theresa, it's been a long wait!!!
See ya
Larissa
Old Sep 25th 2004, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix
Hi Larissa,

Welcome to the forum.

You will find it a very good source of information and probably become addicted like so many of us.

What sort of visa are you trying for cos I believe you need an extra 5 points if you live in Pompey
Thanks for the info Bix, from your karma rating I guess you must be the forum boss or something... Please can you explain why they keep going on about Pole dancing? I'm not sure if I'll fit in as I don't know any Poles, will an Austrian do instead?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.