Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aus CV templates?

Aus CV templates?

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough
Default Aus CV templates?

Hi All! Does anybody have a template of what they consider to be the perfect Aus CV! - for IT or similar.

About to send mine off - but would like to cross reference and get it right first time :-)

Thanks!
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Aus CV templates?

There's a lot of info on recruitment sites, and they sound pretty similar to the UK ones...

SS
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:48 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

I have found that the Aussies do like us to put more info on our resume

Hope that helps

Rob
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

DJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Teri
Hi All! Does anybody have a template of what they consider to be the perfect Aus CV! - for IT or similar.

About to send mine off - but would like to cross reference and get it right first time :-)

Thanks!
Advice I have had from a recruitment consultant here is to keep the CV under 5 pages. Otherwise the sort of format used in the UK would be fine. Apparently, they don't want your age on the CV, which for old gits like me is great. Also, they call it a resume.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Dinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Teri

Thanks!
Am returning to Melbourne after a 6 year stint in the UK. Asked some friends back home about this and I don't think the actual template differences matter much to be honest.

I was told by people here and in Oz to list skills / achievements prominently somewhere in bullet points. Also, ensure you have a bit of a paragraph right after your personal details and before the Education / Employment. Gives them a snapshop of you - a kind of 'here I am and God I'm good' thing.

Good luck,
Dinnie