British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Aunt Bessie Found......at last !!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/aunt-bessie-found-last-305216/)

surfdude May 25th 2005 10:59 pm

Aunt Bessie Found......at last !!!

To anyone interested out there., My freezer now has four packs of the best Yorkshire Puds ever and they only take 4 mins to cook !

Yes, its very sad I know but my 14 year old was missing them the most and you know what teenagers are like !!

I found out that their Australian distributor is [email protected]. They informed me that my nearest distributor was

Baking Australia Pty Ltd,
Unit 2 83 Redland Road,
Capalaba Tel: 3245 1039

I don't usually go in for 'made in Uk' - my usual attitude is, 'when is Rome....'
However, I make an exception to the Yorkshire Puds. Once a Yorkshire lass always a Yorkshire lass.

I am sorry to bore most, :zzz: hopefully someone will find this helpful ! ;)

SD.

Stormz May 26th 2005 12:31 am

Re: Aunt Bessie Found......at last !!!

Gotta get my eyes/brain checked out.... maybe I have dyslexia.

Thought the thread title was `Bent Aussie found` :)

"Old McDonald had a farm.... w, t, y, r, q..."

bondipom May 26th 2005 12:46 am

Originally Posted by surfdude
To anyone interested out there., My freezer now has four packs of the best Yorkshire Puds ever and they only take 4 mins to cook !

Yes, its very sad I know but my 14 year old was missing them the most and you know what teenagers are like !!

I found out that their Australian distributor is [email protected]. They informed me that my nearest distributor was

Unit 2 83 Redland Road,

I don't usually go in for 'made in Uk' - my usual attitude is, 'when is Rome....'
However, I make an exception to the Yorkshire Puds. Once a Yorkshire lass always a Yorkshire lass.

SD.

Now it is winter it is time for

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/da...ir_72053.shtml

alkristensen May 26th 2005 2:41 am

Brilliant, Thanks. We Are Moving Out Soon, That And Salad Cream And Branstone Pickle D Be The Things I Miss The Most. Oh And Hollands Pies From The Chippy. Yu M Mmmmmmmm!!

JayDeee May 26th 2005 2:48 am

Unit 2 83 Redland Road,

SD.

We have them in our local supermarket and I have been buying them up untill last week when I actually looked at the price $6.45 :eek: gonna have to save them for very special occasions now :mad:

Kala

surfdude May 26th 2005 4:54 am

Originally Posted by JayDeee
We have them in our local supermarket and I have been buying them up untill last week when I actually looked at the price $6.45 :eek: gonna have to save them for very special occasions now :mad:

Kala

I paid $4.50 I think. Or very close to that ! Oh god I'm going to be slated - beginning to sound like the lettuce thread. Enough said !

surfdude May 26th 2005 5:02 am

Originally Posted by bondipom

BP I tried to make my own to placate the 'teenager' - flat as pancakes. Tried to blame the oven - not hot enough ! However, when our friend came up from Sydney he said he had the same problem, something wrong with the flour !?

After about four attempts and four separate 'fun making sessions' on Mum's dire Ypuds - gave up !

I have never been Delia Smith but I'm not too bad - usually !

Anyway, problem solved. :)

jjonboy May 26th 2005 5:52 am

Mrs JJonboy, being a true Yorkshire girl has had no trouble with making the "puds" over here....

You just have to make sure you re getting the oil hot enough... Pm me if you want a recipie...

BP I tried to make my own to placate the 'teenager' - flat as pancakes. Tried to blame the oven - not hot enough ! However, when our friend came up from Sydney he said he had the same problem, something wrong with the flour !?

After about four attempts and four separate 'fun making sessions' on Mum's dire Ypuds - gave up !

spalen May 26th 2005 6:01 am

They are $4.50

You can order online www.thedeepfreeze.com.au

;)

bondipom May 26th 2005 6:13 am

Not got the suitable trays myself but may try to make some this winter. I have been cooking a lot more since the Mrs got preggers.

Maybe this will work in Australia

http://www.abc.net.au/sydney/stories/s1362813.htm

ABCDiamond May 26th 2005 7:25 am

Originally Posted by spalen
They are $4.50

You can order online www.thedeepfreeze.com.au

;)

Interesting, they are at The Deep Freeze, 70 Redland Bay Rd, Capalaba,
on the opposite side of the road to: Baking Australia Pty Ltd, Unit 2 83 Redland Bay Road, Capalaba.

wargod May 26th 2005 7:29 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Interesting, they are at The Deep Freeze, 70 Redland Bay Rd, Capalaba,
on the opposite side of the road to: Baking Australia Pty Ltd, Unit 2 83 Redland Bay Road, Capalaba.

Bet they're cheaper too !! ;)

spalen May 26th 2005 7:56 am

The Deep Freeze is a shop owned by baking australia , its their trial at frozen food outlet but its not working - closing down on Saturday (yes this saturday)

But you can still order the all important yorkershiiire puddings from the website/baking austlralia

steandleigh May 26th 2005 9:23 am

If you want spot on yorkies, this is an absolute NO FAIL...so long as you have the oven STINKING HOT!!!!....

3oz Plain Flour
1 egg
3 floz milk (75ml)
2floz water (50ml)salt and freshly milled pepper
oil for greasing the tins

Make the batter: sift the flour, put in bowl, make a well in the centre and add the egg. Beat in well. Add (gradually) the milk, water and salt and pepper. Beat well again, until no lumps.

You don't need to leave this batter to stand.

Grease the tin(s), bang them in the oven until almost smoking hot, then pour the batter into the sizzling hot fat, put IMMEDIATELY back into the oven and DO NOT open the oven until ready (or they will collapse). Usually takes 25-30 minutes for perfection.

Happy cooking! :)

Joanne May 26th 2005 8:12 pm

Will try that recipe. Made an attempt at yorkies last week and they stuck like cement to the tin and looked like biscuits! Didnt show the kids my efforts, they think Aunt Bessies are home made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Will have a riot on my hands if I cant get yorkie puds out there, its my Daughters staple diet, she has them near enough with everything :eek:

Will let you know how successful I am at these yorkies, although dont know if my tin will survive another one of my attempts. Thought Id have to bin my tin last time, they stuck so bad :o

Jo