Aukland and IT

Old Sep 16th 2003, 11:08 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Aukland and IT

Now....i know nothing about IT or NZ, so rip this thread apart if you will.....i can't prove you wrong !!

Just thought i would let you all know about a friend who moved to Aukland on the 1st sept. He works in IT, and has a perm job already, earning the same as he earnt in the UK, although he reckons he may end up working weekends occasionally. In a nutshell......nearly 3 weeks in....7 applied for....4 interviews....and a job. All through one agency and newspapers.

Im impressed
Old Sep 16th 2003, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aukland and IT

Originally posted by PeteY
Now....i know nothing about IT or NZ, so rip this thread apart if you will.....i can't prove you wrong !!

Just thought i would let you all know about a friend who moved to Aukland on the 1st sept. He works in IT, and has a perm job already, earning the same as he earnt in the UK, although he reckons he may end up working weekends occasionally. In a nutshell......nearly 3 weeks in....7 applied for....4 interviews....and a job. All through one agency and newspapers.

Im impressed
Thanks Pete, nice to hear that there are jobs in IT out there, its not all doom & gloom.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 12:02 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Remember, that according to Wilf, all professionals in NZ have long since left and are now in the UK, so of course there's plenty of IT jobs for experienced people going...

Although Wilf overplays this 'problem', there is an element of truth in this. NZ can just not compete on salary for top programmers and other IT positions - so if you have sought-after skills you are likely to be snapped up - as a lot of people do head overseas for the really big money, which leaves a demand for highly skilled professionals.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aukland and IT

Originally posted by PeteY

Im impressed
wow, so there's hope still. Nice to hear.