Audi in Perth?

Old Mar 13th 2012, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

VickyA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Audi in Perth?

Hi
I hope this is the right place to ask this. We're due to arrive in Perth in June/July on a 457 visa and we're madly planning everything. Our 2005 Audi A3 is only worth £6000 over here, and we're toying with the idea of shipping it over, having read about the high prices of cars and since it's a good runner, reliable and has air con! However, would there be a catch in terms of servicing and insurance? At the moment it's serviced at a bog standard independent garage, is that the same in Oz/Perth? Also, how would we get on regarding insurance - is it higher for an imported car?
Thanks for your help..
Old Mar 13th 2012, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Audi in Perth?

Originally Posted by VickyA
Hi
I hope this is the right place to ask this. We're due to arrive in Perth in June/July on a 457 visa and we're madly planning everything. Our 2005 Audi A3 is only worth £6000 over here, and we're toying with the idea of shipping it over, having read about the high prices of cars and since it's a good runner, reliable and has air con! However, would there be a catch in terms of servicing and insurance? At the moment it's serviced at a bog standard independent garage, is that the same in Oz/Perth? Also, how would we get on regarding insurance - is it higher for an imported car?
Thanks for your help..
It'd have to be retested.... Re registered and put over the pits..... Parts are hard to get hold of... Can wait months if they cant be sourced in Australia ...for relatively simple things.... ( especially in WA)

I didnt say that... The panal beater in my bed did...

Shouldnt he be at work already????
Old Mar 13th 2012, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Now he says that insurance may be fluckmoff high coz its an inport...
Old Mar 14th 2012, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

VickyA is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that. I hope he got off to work eventually!

Has anyone got any experience of this? There seem to be quite a few threads about where people have taken cars over, but I guess if you've got a cherished car to take, you won't quibble about extra costs. We're just wondering if it's a "speculate to accumulate" situation, shelling out on shipping the car will give us a decent car from the outset, which we can keep until it dies...
Old Mar 15th 2012, 2:33 pm
Perth WA

Twinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud of

Not in Oz for another week yet but had thoughts about taking my car over (volvo), do remember reading somewhere that european cars can be hellishly expensive to fix/maintain (especially in Perth). Apparently that's why there's mainly non european sourced cars in Oz. - disclaimer.. Only saying what i saw when doing my own cock-eyed research for moving to Perth, apologies if got it wrong.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Twinsdad
Not in Oz for another week yet but had thoughts about taking my car over (volvo), do remember reading somewhere that european cars can be hellishly expensive to fix/maintain (especially in Perth). Apparently that's why there's mainly non european sourced cars in Oz. - disclaimer.. Only saying what i saw when doing my own cock-eyed research for moving to Perth, apologies if got it wrong.
Being a grey import HIS mitzubishi costs an arm and a leg to insure...