Reload this Page >

aud echange rates

aud echange rates

Old Nov 19th 2004, 11:52 am
Brisbane bound

brendan_34_mids is on a distinguished road
Default aud echange rates

hi ,
anyone know who is offering the best exchange rates at the moment?
i wont hold my breath for anything too exciting.

cheers,

brendan.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:03 pm
crashbandicoot

Default Re: aud echange rates

Originally Posted by brendan_34_mids
hi ,
anyone know who is offering the best exchange rates at the moment?
i wont hold my breath for anything too exciting.

cheers,

brendan.
hold tight, there's a storm brewing! All 'agents' offer the same - the price is the same - the price is dictated by the world markets and the markets agree- hold tight as you'll find that when the AMERICAN DOLLAR GAINS STRENGTH THEN THE oZ DOLLAR WILL WEAKEN. You can fish around now for a better rate but you'll be wasting your time - hold fast - it'll hit 2.5 very soon and when it does grab it !

Old Nov 20th 2004, 10:16 am
Brisbane bound

brendan_34_mids is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by crashbandicoot
hold tight, there's a storm brewing! All 'agents' offer the same - the price is the same - the price is dictated by the world markets and the markets agree- hold tight as you'll find that when the AMERICAN DOLLAR GAINS STRENGTH THEN THE oZ DOLLAR WILL WEAKEN. You can fish around now for a better rate but you'll be wasting your time - hold fast - it'll hit 2.5 very soon and when it does grab it !
thats good news any idea the timeframe,

brendan
Old Nov 20th 2004, 10:47 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by crashbandicoot
hold tight as you'll find that when the AMERICAN DOLLAR GAINS STRENGTH THEN THE oZ DOLLAR WILL WEAKEN. You can fish around now for a better rate but you'll be wasting your time - hold fast - it'll hit 2.5 very soon and when it does grab it !
If the US Dollars strengthens, then in all likelyhood the OZ $ and the UK £ will both weaken at the same time, and maybe by the same amount, therefore not affecting the UK£/AUS$ rate.

It needs something that affects only one of these rates to make the rate change you require.

If anyone really knows what will happen they can a make a fortune

Old Nov 20th 2004, 8:49 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
If the US Dollars strengthens, then in all likelyhood the OZ $ and the UK £ will both weaken at the same time, and maybe by the same amount, therefore not affecting the UK£/AUS$ rate.

It needs something that affects only one of these rates to make the rate change you require.

It is my understanding that the £ is somehow linked to the yankee $, so if the US$ gets stronger against the A$ so will the £. Don't hold your breath I can't see much change for a few months at least. Having said that it will probably change next week just to prove me wrong.

Slater
Old Nov 20th 2004, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could be optimistic. But whilst metal prices keep going up and up I keep watching the Oz dollar getting stronger and stronger. If you read all the so called 'experts' opinions it would seem we're going to lose quite a bit more before any sign of recovery. Wish we'd bought a forward contract at 2.6 (or more) but we haven't got our visas yet.

Absolutely gutted! (but ever hopeful)

Netta
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:00 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Slater
It is my understanding that the £ is somehow linked to the yankee $, so if the US$ gets stronger against the A$ so will the £. Don't hold your breath I can't see much change for a few months at least. Having said that it will probably change next week just to prove me wrong.
Slater
Your post got me wondering, so I checked what happened when a change happened before, and the rates for two dates were:
GBP to USD 1.7633
AUD to USD 0.6889
AUD to GBP 0.3909

GBP to USD 1.8565 = 105.3% = change on GBP to USD
AUD to USD 0.7246 = 105.2% = similar change on AUD to USD
AUD to GBP 0.3904 = 99.9% = but no real change on AUD to GBP

and the same on another two dates:
GBP to USD 1.7767
AUD to USD 0.7242
AUD to GBP 0.4078

GBP to USD 1.855 = 104.4%
AUD to USD 0.7639 = 105.5%
AUD to GBP 0.4119 = 101.0%

Not sure what it really means, but the GBP/AUD doesn't seem to change much when a change happens with the USD to GBP.

Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Totally agree, what it needs is either good news from the UK or bad news from Australia. You need to look at the factors that made the AUD rise against sterling from Jan 2004 to its peak in June 2004.
Interest rates were rising in the UK during that time and now that is unlikely to repeat. So you need something like a fall in either Australian interest rates or a fall in commodity prices to move it back. The market seems to move on sentiment and rumour and it is a hard one to call, lots of factors include unemployment levels and trade decifits.
Personally if the AUD hits US 0.80 then I think it will peak there and fall off when everybody takes profit.