Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Attn: Serving/Ex HM Forces - Important!

Attn: Serving/Ex HM Forces - Important!

Old May 30th 2004, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Attn: Serving/Ex HM Forces - Important!

Got an acknowledgement letter from AHC on friday asking for more info from when I was in the RAF - apparently proof of an Exemplary Discharge isn't enough and they need evidence showing any convictions or non-convictions whilst serving. Don't know if this info is available anywhere else, I obviously did not come across it but that aint saying much.

Processing time for the RAF is 4-6 weeks. Luckily I worked with a lad who works in the department so he was going to do it the same day for me. This is what they AHC sent to me:

Documentation required from currently serving or ex-members of the UK Armed Forces.

ARMY - currently serving and no longer serving

Docs Req: Certificate of Convictions/Non-convictions

Apply to: Crime/Intelligence Controller
CCRIO RMP
Roussillon Bks
Chichester
West Sussex
PO19 6BL

Fax: 01243 534340

RAF - currently serving and no longer serving

Docs Req: Certificate of Convictions/Non-convictions, plus covering letter.

Apply to: Flt Sgt
Case Management Unit
HQ P&SS
RAF Henlow
Bedfordshire
SG16 6DN

Fax: 01642 857421 (Marked FAO Case Management Unit)

Provide: Your current UK "Person Record" (i.e. UK Police Clearance Cert).

RN - currently serving

Request: Letter listing any offences committed under military/civil jurisdiction whilst serving in the Navy.

Address: 2SL-CS-Law Disc 1b
Room 224
Victory Building
HMNB
Portsmouth
PO1 3LS

RN - no longer serving

Request: As above

Address: PPPA(C)
AFPAA(C)
RN Records and DPA
Room 086
Centurion Building
Grange Road
Hants
PO13 9XA
Old May 30th 2004, 5:09 pm
WBB

i got one of these when i applied and it was returned very quickly.

good luck.

Old May 30th 2004, 5:47 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

AHC must have changed the goal posts then since I was granted my visa back in 2000 (bound to have in all that time).

I didnt have any of this to supply. Got through TRA and then it was just civil police checks and meds (was still serving up until 2003) and nobody ever asked me for anything from the RAF.

Oh well, for those that need the forces to say, '"What a good boy / girl they are", good luck.
Old May 30th 2004, 6:11 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to know the services look after their own.
Old May 30th 2004, 6:33 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

Dont think its a case of the forces looking after their own. I would say that this is an extra that the AHC ask for. So not only do the forces require civil police checks but by the looks of it, military police checks / disciplinary checks as well.

Lucky me, I'm a civvy now (yippee) but made no odds to me as the AHC didnt ask for anything like that when I applied back in 2000.
Old May 30th 2004, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ianj
Dont think its a case of the forces looking after their own. I would say that this is an extra that the AHC ask for. So not only do the forces require civil police checks but by the looks of it, military police checks / disciplinary checks as well.

Lucky me, I'm a civvy now (yippee) but made no odds to me as the AHC didnt ask for anything like that when I applied back in 2000.
What you prefer being a civvy than a proud member of her majs finest... ? Don't you miss being told what to do, when to do it and how many times? Nah, me neither - well I miss the intelligent conversations I use to have with my police dog and the cheap German beer in Laarbruch, but that's about it.

It's funny (in the Alanis Morrisette ironic way) but AHC and the RAF have many simialrities I think with the way they go about doing stuff - nowts ever straight forward is it, not when there's a more difficult way of doing it. Can't belive I'm getting my first perk of being a RAFP by knowing the guy at P&SS who deals with this.
Old May 31st 2004, 7:04 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

RAFP..................I'm not saying a word.

P&SS..................Lovely people. Sitting in a bar in Amsterdam back in the early 90's whilst people who stick out like a sore thumb 'watch' the world go by.

Laarbruch (never been other than for a piss up). Bruggen, great days but now all gone.

Civvy street is cool, no bullsh*t, no bullnights (when I was single in the mob of course), no SWO whining for the slightest thing, no swinging one up cos some geezer / geezeress went past in a car.

Nope, I dont miss it but did have a cracking 12 years in though and wouldnt change that for the world.
Old May 31st 2004, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

The Hun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Attn: Serving/Ex HM Forces - Important!

Originally posted by Tonyonthemove
Got an acknowledgement letter from AHC on friday asking for more info from when I was in the RAF - apparently proof of an Exemplary Discharge isn't enough and they need evidence showing any convictions or non-convictions whilst serving. Don't know if this info is available anywhere else, I obviously did not come across it but that aint saying much.

Processing time for the RAF is 4-6 weeks. Luckily I worked with a lad who works in the department so he was going to do it the same day for me. This is what they AHC sent to me:

Documentation required from currently serving or ex-members of the UK Armed Forces.

ARMY - currently serving and no longer serving

Docs Req: Certificate of Convictions/Non-convictions

Apply to: Crime/Intelligence Controller
CCRIO RMP
Roussillon Bks
Chichester
West Sussex
PO19 6BL

Fax: 01243 534340

RAF - currently serving and no longer serving

Docs Req: Certificate of Convictions/Non-convictions, plus covering letter.

Apply to: Flt Sgt
Case Management Unit
HQ P&SS
RAF Henlow
Bedfordshire
SG16 6DN

Fax: 01642 857421 (Marked FAO Case Management Unit)

Provide: Your current UK "Person Record" (i.e. UK Police Clearance Cert).

RN - currently serving

Request: Letter listing any offences committed under military/civil jurisdiction whilst serving in the Navy.

Address: 2SL-CS-Law Disc 1b
Room 224
Victory Building
HMNB
Portsmouth
PO1 3LS

RN - no longer serving

Request: As above

Address: PPPA(C)
AFPAA(C)
RN Records and DPA
Room 086
Centurion Building
Grange Road
Hants
PO13 9XA
Reckon this is the same even if you're not the main applicant?
Old May 31st 2004, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point

little confused about this? (doesnt take much...)

Ive been requested Police and medical checks back in March, no mention of any army criminal checks...

My civvy police checks went off to oz in April, still waiting for the all ok from them.

does this rule apply to all or from a certain date?, seems a bit strange to me as ive just been requested Civvy police checks.

Im ex signals by the way.....
Old May 31st 2004, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

itsasecret: What did you send them with regard to your Army days? As I said above I sent my discharge forms and apparently that wasn't enough. I've found nothing else mentioning the need to get this other info, but that isn't saying much with this bunch. As long as you were a good boy, and having dealt with siggys I'd be surprised (lol), it's probably worth applying to the Army for it anyway. It's one of the few things that is free for this application so there's no loss if they don't ask for it.

The Hun: Not entirely sure but I would have thought so - again like I've just said it doesn't cost anything so it's worth getting to save time later.

Ianj: In my defence I was a dog handler (dodgier than half the people we locked up), and not one of the facists on the gate or hanging out around the NAFFI or WRAF Blocks (not whilst on duty anyhow) after closing time in the bar. As for P&SS I'm not saying a word as they're actually helping me out for once, but yeah I know what you mean - once they've got their cheap C&A suits on they'd sell their granny for a quick arrest. What did you do? I only did 6 years, decided to leave after PSF promised me Cyprus and sent me to Boulmer in Northumberland - the only place where it rains 310 days a year!!!
Old May 31st 2004, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Tonyonthemove
itsasecret: What did you send them with regard to your Army days? As I said above I sent my discharge forms and apparently that wasn't enough. I've found nothing else mentioning the need to get this other info, but that isn't saying much with this bunch. As long as you were a good boy, and having dealt with siggys I'd be surprised (lol), it's probably worth applying to the Army for it anyway. It's one of the few things that is free for this application so there's no loss if they don't ask for it.

The Hun: Not entirely sure but I would have thought so - again like I've just said it doesn't cost anything so it's worth getting to save time later.

Ianj: In my defence I was a dog handler (dodgier than half the people we locked up), and not one of the facists on the gate or hanging out around the NAFFI or WRAF Blocks (not whilst on duty anyhow) after closing time in the bar. As for P&SS I'm not saying a word as they're actually helping me out for once, but yeah I know what you mean - once they've got their cheap C&A suits on they'd sell their granny for a quick arrest. What did you do? I only did 6 years, decided to leave after PSF promised me Cyprus and sent me to Boulmer in Northumberland - the only place where it rains 310 days a year!!!

Thanks.. may just send them a letter anyway. (as its free.)

All i sent was my discharge cert. and i have an agent working for me, maybe this is a new rule that may come public soon.
Thanks anyway..

dam dogs.. once knew of someone who got his ear bit off by patting the dags back.!!
Old May 31st 2004, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Should have bought it a drink first...
Old May 31st 2004, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

colinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant future

Hi All,

I've recently been through the Army process myself. Please note that if you've served out of the country for 12 months or more in the last 10 years ( As most of us have) your other half will need the RMP check as well.

Details can be e-mailed and returned within a day or so.

Good luck all.

Colin
Old Jun 1st 2004, 9:30 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

Tony,

Me was a plumber. Which some people will know about and some people won't. The only pipes I serviced in my time was the pipes of a few old boilers (on more than one occasion) in my young and daft days.

For those not in the know as a plumber in the RAF I was an Engineering Weapons Technician or and Armourer.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 1:32 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

Armourer??

How's your knuckles?? Or can you lift your arms up to walk properly now?

I'm a very friendly ex - stacker - everybody wanted to be my friend especially when I was in clothing stores!!!

Hey tony. When you asked for peoples ID , di they show it to you or your dog?

Oh what fun those days were!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.