Reload this Page >

Assuror Earnings

Wikiposts

Assuror Earnings

Old Apr 20th 2005, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

mel n jay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Assuror Earnings

I have a question about assurance of support and the assuror's earnings. Our assuror earned $36971 last year and $40000 this year.
To sponsor a family of four how much is needed?

The Income threashold is £17,628 if you are single however our sponsor is married and has grown up children with children of their own.

This would lead me to think that would have to earn the Income threashold of $32,485 it states this includes an assuror's first child and the assuree although they do not have dependents they are married although I understand that the patner is not counted as dependent.

I am aware that you then add $2,500 per adult and $1250 per child this would total for my family $37,485 this year but unsure if last years earnings were enough? does any-one have any idea?.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

jackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nice
Red face Re: Assuror Earnings

Originally Posted by mel n jay
I have a question about assurance of support and the assuror's earnings. Our assuror earned $36971 last year and $40000 this year.

The Income threashold is £17,628 if you are single however our sponsor is married and has grown up children with children of their own.

This would lead me to think that would have to earn the Income threashold of $32,485 it states this includes an assuror's first child and the assuree although they do not have dependents they are married although I understand that the patner is not counted as dependent.

I am aware that you then add $2,500 per adult and $1250 per child this would total for my family $37,485 this year but unsure if last years earnings were enough? does any-one have any idea?.
Hi,
if you lookback(search)in aus/nz immigration forum you will find somthing as somone worked it all out once and posted it on there.Jackie.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:12 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Assuror Earnings

Look on the Centrelink website. http://www.centrelink.gov.au

- you may need to do a search for 'assurance of support'
- two ATO tax assessments showing *taxable* income are required to match whatever the threshold is. BOTH tax assessments must qualify, and it's possible a more recent assessment will also be required before processing is complete.
- there is zero flexibility in the income requirements
- if you have a child aged 18 (or likely to turn 18 during processing) you will likely need an additional assurer.

Professional advice is essential if still confused.

Jeremy
Old Apr 21st 2005, 5:30 am
Just Joined

I have been on the web page for Centrelink which say's that it is $32,485 plus $2,500 for one extra adult and would be $2,500 for my two children which equals $37,485 would this relate to this tax year. My sponsors have a relative who has just been though the process and they quoted that they had to have an income of $36,000.

I have looked at old threads on this site and this seems to be what people quoted $31,000 main then $2000 per extra adult and $2000 for two children.

The agent I am using does not contact centrelink and I have asked my assuror to telephone to ask what the taxable income has to have been to sponsor us.

I was a little worried today as I had to explain the income threshold to the agent as they said I would need $39,000 which was wrong as the $32,485 covers the asuror and the first asuree. I sent them the information and had to ask them to read it carefully to me until they got it right.

If I need $37,485 for last years tax income my assuror is a few dolloars short, so would have to add his partner as 2nd assuror.

I just am feeling a little frustrated with the agent more than anything I think as not sure what I am paying for? and I wish that centrelink could produce a clear guide on their site then it would be clear to people what was needed.

Thank you for your advice, I will do another search to try and pin something down.

- you may need to do a search for 'assurance of support'
- two ATO tax assessments showing *taxable* income are required to match whatever the threshold is. BOTH tax assessments must qualify, and it's possible a more recent assessment will also be required before processing is complete.
- there is zero flexibility in the income requirements
- if you have a child aged 18 (or likely to turn 18 during processing) you will likely need an additional assurer.

Professional advice is essential if still confused.

Jeremy[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 21st 2005, 10:53 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

The agent I am using does not contact centrelink and I have asked my assuror to telephone to ask what the taxable income has to have been to sponsor us.

If you are paying an agent, the agent should explain it all to you.

Jeremy
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

My assuoror got in touch with centrelink and they informed them that he needed to have earned $36,235 last year which he did.

I am now very disappointed with the agent as I have had to explain so much to him, ask them to read things again and again so they understand. I would have thought as an agent they would keep up to date with all this stuff, but they do not have a clue.

I should be asking them to pay me!, I know far more about stuff than they do.

They did not know how to understand the income threashold etc?, felt that my assuror should ask centrelink about it so they did not submit the application. I feel that this is really bad, and do feel let down.

They respond to it by saying oh DIMIA must have been rubbing their hands together when they got rid of having to do this?. That is not a response I want to hear, I just started to think they are telling tales about their experience.

Basically I have paid them so I can tell them what to do, bad or what.

Originally Posted by JAJ
If you are paying an agent, the agent should explain it all to you.

Jeremy
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 4:15 am
JAJ
Retired

My assuoror got in touch with centrelink and they informed them that he needed to have earned $36,235 last year which he did.

I am now very disappointed with the agent as I have had to explain so much to him, ask them to read things again and again so they understand. I would have thought as an agent they would keep up to date with all this stuff, but they do not have a clue.

I should be asking them to pay me!, I know far more about stuff than they do.

They did not know how to understand the income threashold etc?, felt that my assuror should ask centrelink about it so they did not submit the application. I feel that this is really bad, and do feel let down.

They respond to it by saying oh DIMIA must have been rubbing their hands together when they got rid of having to do this?. That is not a response I want to hear, I just started to think they are telling tales about their experience.

Basically I have paid them so I can tell them what to do, bad or what.

If you are not happy with your agent then talk to the owner/top person in the practise to see if things can be improved.

If that doesn't work you are free to stop using them and either do things yourself or choose another agent.

The Assurance of Support process did change on 1 July 2004 when things moved to Centrelink, but there has been no material change in the actual rules.

Jeremy