Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Assurer help!! total let down!- any advice pls**

Assurer help!! total let down!- any advice pls**

Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice
Default Assurer help!! total let down!- any advice pls**

why on earth does this have to happen ... was going through on a skilled sponsored Visa to Queensland all was looking good till today!

just feels like all our plans are totally ruined!

My sister lives in Cairns and was our sponsor and assurer

in 2004 she earnt - 26k
2005 - she was on maternity leave
this year (June 06) she will earn - 60k

But because she was on maternity leave it goes on the last two years income - so apparently she wont earn enough! total nightmare :scared:

can anyone offer me any advice? Is it possible for you to pay someone to be an assurer? help please.....

or do we just have to admit defeat? Aussie immigration are so bloody STRICT! but apparently according to our Migration agent we havent a hope without an assurer
Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Assurer help!! total let down!- any advice pls**

Originally Posted by Speargun
why on earth does this have to happen ... was going through on a skilled sponsored Visa to Queensland all was looking good till today!

in 2004 she earnt - 26k

But because she was on maternity leave it goes on the last two years income - so apparently she wont earn enough! total nightmare :scared:

can anyone offer me any advice? Is it possible for you to pay someone to be an assurer? help please.....

or do we just have to admit defeat? Aussie immigration are so bloody STRICT! but apparently according to our Migration agent we havent a hope without an assurer
You should post this in the immigration forum as well.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:38 am
Banned

Gollywobbler is just really niceGollywobbler is just really niceGollywobbler is just really niceGollywobbler is just really niceGollywobbler is just really niceGollywobbler is just really niceGollywobbler is just really niceGollywobbler is just really niceGollywobbler is just really nice

in 2004 she earnt - 26k

I've no personal experience of this. I just read about it on BE. Apparently there are individuals and/or companies who will put up an Assurance of Support on a commercial, profit-making basis. I don't know what the commercial deal is. I have also seen mention of a firm of Solicitors called Hawthorns, in Australia (Brisbane way, I think) who can apparently put you in touch with people willing to do the above, and they can also put an Agreement in place whereby you agree to re-pay the assurer in the event of any claims against them.

I've no idea how it works, but search the Immigration Forum on BE, I suggest, using assurance of support as keywords, maybe?

Good luck
Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

Originally Posted by WendyC
You should post this in the immigration forum as well.
Many thanks will do!!! Its just totally demoralising when everything was ready to go in...why does nothing ever work out! Thanks
Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:45 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks will do!!! Its just totally demoralising when everything was ready to go in...why does nothing ever work out! Thanks
I was looking for info on these yonks ago but didn't require them in the end - search for "assurer farms" LOL not joking...... thats how i found them!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:00 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

in 2004 she earnt - 26k

what about her husband/partner? or, another family member/friend?
it doesnt have to be a relative for the assurer part. (i think?? )
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

This exact same question/scenario has been asked before. Some of the agents either do this for you or have people who will. Can't remember exactly which agent but I'm sure one of them who frequents this board does it.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thats the worse bit! My brother in Law is already assuring his sister to emigrate and he earns all the money as my sister has just finished maternity. And an assurer carnt be an assurer twice!
apparently youve got to prove two years earnings....

No other family in Australia unfortunately...thanks for help though
Old Mar 10th 2006, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

ladyjoan is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't despair, We had a similar problem recently and we found several agents out there who can help.
Try [email protected]
[email protected] (Harmony Emigration)
[email protected]
We managed to resolve our AOS peronally but the above all responded and we could have gone with them. The do charge around $4000 but I thinks it is worth it for a dream.
Good luck,

in 2004 she earnt - 26k

Old Mar 10th 2006, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Actually that's not 100% correct. An assurer can assure a maximum of 2 adults at a time. This means that your brother in law could be your assurer if his sister does not have a husband. Of course of she has a husband then he is already assuring 2 adults and you are out of luck on that front.

Do your sister/brother in law have any very close friends that might be willing to do this for you? Assuming you put up the bond money they might be willing. Also as someone else mentioned, there are law firms who will write up a legal agreement that re-directs liability for any claims you make back onto either yourself or your sister. That way you could also effectively insulate your non-related assurers from liability.

Just a couple more options for you... Unfortunately this comes up way too ofter in these forums.

Cheers,
Brian

Thats the worse bit! My brother in Law is already assuring his sister to emigrate and he earns all the money as my sister has just finished maternity. And an assurer carnt be an assurer twice!
apparently youve got to prove two years earnings....

No other family in Australia unfortunately...thanks for help though
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: Assurer help!! total let down!- any advice pls**

thanks...it never rains it pours! unfortunately My brother in laws sister has a husband and 2 kids so im pretty knackered on that front! I really appreciate all the help that people give on here...sounds stupid but it just shows how superb some of the human race are! SO THANK YOU ALL!
May look down the front of a commercial assurer..like you say its our ultimate dream! and its just so disheartening after we've come so far! Seems to me a stupid rule as I wouldnt move to Oz witout a job offer anyway and its not that we've not got any equity in the house anyway...apparently we can draw up a contract to prove to the assurer that they have no responsibility for us whatsoever,,,so we'll keep hoping...DAMNED IF IM GONNA GIVE UP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Assurer help!! total let down!- any advice pls**

will do thanks for the advice!