Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Assurance of Support

Just had this reply from our agent

If you are both happy to travel by Jan 06, then you should just arrange
the AOS with the assurer and make an appointment in about 3 weeks or so,
and then the visas can be issued
!

Wow am I so ready to explode, house not sold, just about to get an interview for another job.

Does anyone know what the asurer is suppose to do exactly ? - does everything depend on their answers ?

Hmm is this the time I get really worried ?
Old May 17th 2005, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Assurance of Support

Hi my Sister is our Assurer and to quote a brief part of the Assurance of Support letter, quote; as an assurer you are responsible for providing direct or indirect financial support to your Assurees, so that they do not need to claim payments from Centrelink, etc etc etc

hope this helps

John
Old May 17th 2005, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Hmmm, cant see them being comfortable with it - even though we have said we have savings etc and living in a completely different location ie Brisbane & Melbourne.

So as long as they say yes we will pay then I will have my visas ?
Old May 17th 2005, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MikeMc
Hmmm, cant see them being comfortable with it - even though we have said we have savings etc and living in a completely different location ie Brisbane & Melbourne.

So as long as they say yes we will pay then I will have my visas ?
The assurer also needs to take $3500 worth of bonds from the bank to centrelink.

I gave my assurer this money, but it is the assurer that has to take it to centrelink.

You get it back in 2 years so stay friends with your assurer
Old May 17th 2005, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by leedslad
The assurer also needs to take $3500 worth of bonds from the bank to centrelink.

I gave my assurer this money, but it is the assurer that has to take it to centrelink.

You get it back in 2 years so stay friends with your assurer
I think they actually have to open a bank account with the Commonwealth Bank and transfer the Bond money into it. It's 3500A$ for the 1st person plus 1500 for every additional adult.

Cadman
Old May 17th 2005, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Assurance of Support

Originally Posted by cadman
I think they actually have to open a bank account with the Commonwealth Bank and transfer the Bond money into it. It's 3500A$ for the 1st person plus 1500 for every additional adult.

Cadman
hi thats correct, thats when the fun starts. Neither the Bank nor Centrelink knew what was going on, after my 2 Sisters had spent about 4 hours sorting it all out they had a call from Centrelink saying that they had not received the money and they had to go over it all again.

John
Old May 17th 2005, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Wowzer - where did those money figures come from - wasnt expecting that. Is there a time limit on getting the funds, guess we cant wait for the sale of the house then ?
Old May 17th 2005, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Wowzer - where did those money figures come from - wasnt expecting that. Is there a time limit on getting the funds, guess we cant wait for the sale of the house then ?
Mike, u will need to lodge the bond when you are requested to do so by Dimia through centrelink. It generally is when the medicals have been received and everything seems finalised. its the last thing you will do.
Your AoS will get a letter requiring them to lodge the bond!

hope that helped :-)

fabie
Old May 17th 2005, 1:02 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps you should look here
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/990i_aos.htm#aos
Old May 17th 2005, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hevs

Thanks all - One question though, when you can reclaim the bond is the Assurer the only person who can get it ? - do you get notified when you can claim or just a case of go ask for it in 2 years time ?
Old May 17th 2005, 1:35 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Confused
What visa route did you apply on if you didn't know that a bond had to be lodged.... or am I missing something??
Old May 17th 2005, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Confused me too - thats what you get when you get a crap agent - my original application was on 136 skilled, due to some gov changes they increased the point system and somehow only by chance email I found we are now on 139 in the wifes application now. So thats why I didnt know, and no the agent didnt say nothing - so for those in the process - do your homework and research your agents and get one that informs you of everything.
Old May 17th 2005, 4:28 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Confused me too - thats what you get when you get a crap agent - my original application was on 136 skilled, due to some gov changes they increased the point system and somehow only by chance email I found we are now on 139 in the wifes application now. So thats why I didnt know, and no the agent didnt say nothing - so for those in the process - do your homework and research your agents and get one that informs you of everything.
thats terrible - they should be shot!
i would report them to MARA!
Old May 17th 2005, 5:52 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Just had this reply from our agent

If you are both happy to travel by Jan 06, then you should just arrange
the AOS with the assurer and make an appointment in about 3 weeks or so,
and then the visas can be issued
!

Wow am I so ready to explode, house not sold, just about to get an interview for another job.

Does anyone know what the asurer is suppose to do exactly ? - does everything depend on their answers ?

Hmm is this the time I get really worried ?
Great news Mike, a shining light at the end of the tunnel, eh! Just the house to go now.
Sarah
Old May 18th 2005, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Sarah,

Funny you should say that, within an hour or so of getting the mail, I get a call for a viewer today midday. House is a tip just upgrading the Central heating, new floors, lights etc. Hopefully an added incentive if they can see beyond the mess.

Getting a little excited especially if Nov is the deadline
---------------

As for the visa thing - is the Centrelink interview for the Assurer straight forward or is it a barrage of questions ?

Whats the best way for me to get the bond to them ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.