Wikiposts

assurance bond

Old Oct 24th 2003, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default assurance bond

just a quickie if anybody knows the answer to this one

we are not waiting for our sponsors to be asked to lodge the bond (139 visa)

what proof do they need to send to dima, is it a receipt of opening the account with x amount of money in it

also do dima contact the sponsors directly to ask them for assurance of support

arlene
Old Oct 24th 2003, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: assurance bond

Originally posted by arlene
just a quickie if anybody knows the answer to this one

we are not waiting for our sponsors to be asked to lodge the bond (139 visa)

what proof do they need to send to dima, is it a receipt of opening the account with x amount of money in it

also do dima contact the sponsors directly to ask them for assurance of support

arlene
Hi Arlene

I think you have to wait for the bond to be requested by Dimia as the sponsor needs to take the request letter to the bank.

The Commonwealth Bank will give them a bank guarantee and deposit receipt and it is these which need to be sent to DIMIA.

Good luck
Dawn
Old Oct 24th 2003, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks for that dawn, it has cleared up a few loose ends

bring on the bond

arlene
Old Oct 24th 2003, 7:48 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi Arlene,

Dawn is right; DIMIA send you a letter telling you to get your sponsor to lodge the bond. a copy should go to your sponsor at the same time but when you get yours, check with your sponsor as a while ago some people were saying on the immigration website that their sponsors hadn't received a copy.

Hope you hear something soon!

Elaine
Old Oct 25th 2003, 12:53 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Prestons
Hi Arlene

I think you have to wait for the bond to be requested by Dimia as the sponsor needs to take the request letter to the bank.

The Commonwealth Bank will give them a bank guarantee and deposit receipt and it is these which need to be sent to DIMIA.

Good luck
Dawn
Been meaning to ask for some time - can WE send the bond money to the lodging bank, or is it only kosher if the sponsor deposits it?

And are there any charges - we have to bond $14000 - on top of the bonded moneys?
Old Oct 25th 2003, 1:04 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Rog Williams
Been meaning to ask for some time - can WE send the bond money to the lodging bank, or is it only kosher if the sponsor deposits it?

And are there any charges - we have to bond $14000 - on top of the bonded moneys?
Hi Rog,

I sent the bond money to my sister and she lodged it - although the idea is that the assuror puts up the money I didn't want my sister to be out of pocket for 2 years as she's given me a lot of help and will do again when I land on her doorstep! I think you do need to get your assuror to actually lodge the money though - I did and had no problem. If anyone else did it differently I'm sure they will tell you.

There's an admin fee of about $200 I think - I sent a bank draft for $3,700 (my bond was $3500) and my sister said it covered everything.

Elaine
Old Oct 25th 2003, 8:54 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Elaine M
Hi Rog,

I sent the bond money to my sister and she lodged it - although the idea is that the assuror puts up the money I didn't want my sister to be out of pocket for 2 years as she's given me a lot of help and will do again when I land on her doorstep! I think you do need to get your assuror to actually lodge the money though - I did and had no problem. If anyone else did it differently I'm sure they will tell you.

There's an admin fee of about $200 I think - I sent a bank draft for $3,700 (my bond was $3500) and my sister said it covered everything.

Elaine
Thanks! You have answered a long-standing question of mine. Does anyone else have a different interpretation?
Old Oct 26th 2003, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

cuthere is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Arlene

I have been prowling the forum and do feel a sense of affinity to you. Must be the Felix walking so forlornly. My husband also applied under 139 and our austimeline is under cuthere. Both my husband and I went to see a cardologist (hubby for hypertension and mine is for a heart murmur, see what I mean...). However, at the advice of our agent, we got ours done before going for medicals. The medicals were easy and the doctor was relaxed about the whole thingee. Medicals sent off on 3 Oct and PCC sent on 9 Oct. I know I am already very fast on the processing track but every day is a drag when you are waiting for that email from your agent. I am begining to wonder if everything is actually alright.....sigh...

Hopefully we will get our request to post the bond soon. Ours should be about the same time. Will definitely update my timeline once we hear anything. Please let us hear something this week!!!

cuthere

Last edited by cuthere; Oct 26th 2003 at 4:58 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

cut there

know what you mean about waiting, my cousin who is sponsoring us sent me an e-mail yesterday with the title re-bond, i thought that was it but he was just teasing

looking at timelines, its not normally long until the bond is asked for after the medicals so we just sit and wait at the moment

where are you off to

arlene
Old Oct 27th 2003, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

cuthere is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Arlene

That's cruel!!

Our family is off to Perth, hopefully by end of Jan 04. This will allow the kids to start the term with everyone else.

We have been to Australia more than 8 times over the years and out of that, 5 times to Perth. We love that place and it will be a good place for the kids to grow up. We have really good friends there who have sorted out housing arrangements for us and all ready to go. Just need DIMIA to send us that yellow envelope - this week, pretty please!

Forgot to mention that 4 of my sisters are registered nurses and one is looking to apply to work in Perth since our plan was made known to her. I am a banker and hubby is a training officer.

cuthere (see u there)

Last edited by cuthere; Oct 27th 2003 at 5:47 pm.