Reload this Page >

Assistance Required

Assistance Required

Old Feb 10th 2003, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

go4good is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Assistance Required

:PARTY:

After two visits down to Oz in the Last three years I'm ready to set the wheels in motion to make a permanant move. The problem is I don't really know where to start. My Brother lives in Sydney(3 Years)has offered to sponser me. If all goes according to plan, sale of house+ savings etc Iwill have approx 250000 aussie big ones to play about with. I've just turned 44 and have 18 Years Management experience within the retail sector. Can anyone point me in the right direction!
Old Feb 10th 2003, 5:48 pm
shellypuss

Default Re: Assistance Required

Hiya,

You should post a thread specifically for Alan Collett, he is a migration agent (good one) and he will be able to tell you what is best to do in your situation or search for one of his posts and email him

Good luck

Shelly

Originally posted by go4good

After two visits down to Oz in the Last three years I'm ready to set the wheels in motion to make a permanant move. The problem is I don't really know where to start. My Brother lives in Sydney(3 Years)has offered to sponser me. If all goes according to plan, sale of house+ savings etc Iwill have approx 250000 aussie big ones to play about with. I've just turned 44 and have 18 Years Management experience within the retail sector. Can anyone point me in the right direction!

Old Feb 10th 2003, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Assistance Required

Download Skilled Independent Pack off the immi site
www.immi.gov.au

Look at Skills assessment for Managers on
http://www.aim.com.au/migration/index.htm

Do a points test and see if you are likely to pass (age may hinder you).

Decide whether to appoint or discuss with an Agent (plenty on here to pick from) - search agent

And have stiff drink before you decide to apply. Its a 50 week wait or so.

Mash..

Originally posted by go4good

Old Feb 10th 2003, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Your age could be a problem, so you better get moving and put your application in before your 45 birthday.
We have been accepted and got our visa's (going in March).
My husband's brother and family got their application in 2 days before his 45 birthday (Oct).

Good luck
Sue