Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Assaulted by bouncers Police Do Nothing

Assaulted by bouncers Police Do Nothing

Old Jul 9th 2005, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

LancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the rough
Default Assaulted by bouncers Police Do Nothing

Myself and my bf have been assaulted by bouncers of manly Certius club on the corso. No idea what happened but my bf was suddenly thrown down a stair case when all we were doing was dancing, it is my birthday on Monday and my bf's on Tuesday, followed by myself asking what what was going on which resulted in my bag being ripped from my shoulder by a bouncer and thrown against the wall and all my make up got smashed to bits! Not a good thing when all you buy is clinique! Then I got punched in the head by a bouncer for saying that's my bag! Then we tried to get help from the police who turned up 20 mins later and just went to ask the bouncers what happened then we were told to leave Manly immediately or else we would be arrested!

Think I would rather live under the fear of the IRA as we have been brought up thinking about than hope that the NSW police would actually deal with any situation!!

When attending manly police station to report the incident we were told that we have been watching too much TV that CSI doesn't answer everything .

I am not flipping joking!

Seriously what is the world coming too?
Old Jul 9th 2005, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Assaulted by bouncers Police Do Nothing

Originally Posted by LancashireLass
Myself and my bf have been assaulted by bouncers of manly Certius club on the corso. No idea what happened but my bf was suddenly thrown down a stair case when all we were doing was dancing, it is my birthday on Monday and my bf's on Tuesday, followed by myself asking what what was going on which resulted in my bag being ripped from my shoulder by a bouncer and thrown against the wall and all my make up got smashed to bits! Not a good thing when all you buy is clinique! Then I got punched in the head by a bouncer for saying that's my bag! Then we tried to get help from the police who turned up 20 mins later and just went to ask the bouncers what happened then we were told to leave Manly immediately or else we would be arrested!

Think I would rather live under the fear of the IRA as we have been brought up thinking about than hope that the NSW police would actually deal with any situation!!

When attending manly police station to report the incident we were told that we have been watching too much TV that CSI doesn't answer everything .

OMG, what a nightmare. I hope you are both OK. What made them throw your bf out in the first place?

I used to work in a nightclub here in the UK and I have to say that sometimes some of them (though not all) would get a bit up themselves and start throwing their weight about. Of course, the police believed their version of events over the drunken customers. Not always rightly.

Sending you some k.

Tracey
Old Jul 9th 2005, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

LancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tracey.d
OMG, what a nightmare. I hope you are both OK. What made them throw your bf out in the first place?

I used to work in a nightclub here in the UK and I have to say that sometimes some of them (though not all) would get a bit up themselves and start throwing their weight about. Of course, the police believed their version of events over the drunken customers. Not always rightly.

Sending you some k.

Tracey
Thanks for the karma.

We have no idea why they threw him out, we literally were dancing with each other which is why we are so upset about it. It was our night with each other as usually one of us drives so we had a night when we both drank and had a bit of a dance then this happens. Yes we had been drinking but we were nowhere near out of control. Just tried to call the polie from the council and we were told to go back to the Manly station to complain!!??!!
Old Jul 9th 2005, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the karma.

We have no idea why they threw him out, we literally were dancing with each other which is why we are so upset about it. It was our night with each other as usually one of us drives so we had a night when we both drank and had a bit of a dance then this happens. Yes we had been drinking but we were nowhere near out of control. Just tried to call the polie from the council and we were told to go back to the Manly station to complain!!??!!

Well I hope you get it all sorted soon.

Tracey
Old Jul 9th 2005, 6:50 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

You poor thing. I will send you some karma. Hope you both manage to put it behind you and have good birthdays next week
Old Jul 9th 2005, 7:03 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

OMG what a nightmare hope you are both Ok sorry cant give you any advice
hope you enjoy your birthdays.
Karma on its way (at least you will have lots of blue boxes )

Kris
Old Jul 9th 2005, 7:08 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Thats terrible!

Have some karma to make you feel better!

Claire
x
Old Jul 10th 2005, 2:52 am
DPD
Forum Regular

DPD is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds about right for some of the nightclubs downunder. Most of the bouncers are a few quid short of a dollar and go around looking for fights.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 3:13 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Make an official complaint.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 3:24 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I find it hard to believe that bouncers would just come kick you both out for doing nothing but dancing on the dance floor
Old Jul 10th 2005, 3:31 am
F.U.B.A.R

Homer will become famous soon enoughHomer will become famous soon enough

Been around the world a couple of times have learnt that most copper are either bent or to scared to go up against criminals or taking a back handers from night club owners to do nothing about what happens in there clubs there is no such thing as a good copper.And yes i have been arrested before for doing the wrong thing and just for standing there doing nothing.Unfortunately now in oz as in the UK they only time they seem to want to do anything is when you are speeding. Now i know some of you will say i am wrong and i know there are some good coppers out there i know there are but there are alot of other ones that will turn a blind eye to what is going on around them.And i can tell you the UK,USA and Australia do not have the worst coppers in the world try India wow they are bad my brother inlaw was in India on holiday hired a moped and the police stole it of him than bribed him to buy it of them .Anyway sorry to hear what has happened to you hope you are both ok but have to say i am not surprised at the police doing nothing.P.S bouncers are just big men with no brain find you get most of them on there own and they would s**t them selfs if you confronted them i know did a bit of door work when i was in the army in gibraltar

Last edited by Homer; Jul 10th 2005 at 3:34 am.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Homer
Been around the world a couple of times have learnt that most copper are either bent or to scared to go up against criminals or taking a back handers from night club owners to do nothing about what happens in there clubs there is no such thing as a good copper.And yes i have been arrested before for doing the wrong thing and just for standing there doing nothing.Unfortunately now in oz as in the UK they only time they seem to want to do anything is when you are speeding. Now i know some of you will say i am wrong and i know there are some good coppers out there i know there are but there are alot of other ones that will turn a blind eye to what is going on around them.And i can tell you the UK,USA and Australia do not have the worst coppers in the world try India wow they are bad my brother inlaw was in India on holiday hired a moped and the police stole it of him than bribed him to buy it of them .Anyway sorry to hear what has happened to you hope you are both ok but have to say i am not surprised at the police doing nothing.
Manly police used to have a stash of guns in a river to lend to bank robbers.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 3:35 am
F.U.B.A.R

Originally Posted by bondipom
Manly police used to have a stash of guns in a river to lend to bank robbers.
You are not serious are you my god
Old Jul 10th 2005, 3:43 am
F.U.B.A.R

I would just like to add cant remember the website but have a look at the police entry exam for western Australia might be the same all over oz its like a logic test we we all had a good laugh at it we found it quite funny
Old Jul 10th 2005, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by Homer
You are not serious are you my god
Very serious. NSW police used to be the criminals. Matters have changed a lot in NSW and QLD. WA and Vic have not had the rout of corruption yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.