artc cert

Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

bazza&vicki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default artc cert

hi,
could anyone please inform me more about this tra certificate,i am currently in the process of migrating(visa lodged june 2nd 2003) . can you only apply for this cert once accepted?, does everybody get one if passed the tra assessment ok? can you not work without it?.
ps. i am in metal fabricating.
any help grateful
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hello mate,

am I right in assuming that you don't already have the relevant cerificate from the assessing body under which your profession is guided?

You say that your application went into DIMIA in June 2003? Have you heard anything back from them yet?

it is my understanding that you must submit a certificate from the relevant assessing body WITH your main application for migration.

Have you used an agent or gone it alone?

best wishes, Leigh.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by steandleigh
Hello mate,

am I right in assuming that you don't already have the relevant cerificate from the assessing body under which your profession is guided?

You say that your application went into DIMIA in June 2003? Have you heard anything back from them yet?

it is my understanding that you must submit a certificate from the relevant assessing body WITH your main application for migration.

Have you used an agent or gone it alone?

best wishes, Leigh.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

hi leigh,
yes i have been assessed by TRA for migration purposes which has been sent off with my visa application(classification ASCO4121 GENERAL FABRICATION ENGINEERING TRADESPERSON) with deeming date etc, i have gone through an agency.But my querie is that on the classification TRA form assessed by TRA it states ' if your application for migration to australia is approved,and you intend to work in your trade you may find it useful for formal recognition of your skills in australia.Although you have been classified for migration purposes you may not automatically be granted a qualification when you arrive in australia.It may be necassery for you to undertake a further skills evaluation to be granted qualification', i find this confusing,what if i get my visa then i fail a test for australian qualification?why classify me under ASCO4121 by TRA then have to prove again?
is it harder to get a job without this qualification?
thanks ba
Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:40 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi B&V,

I was concerned about this a while ago, did all the necessary searches only to find that an ARTC certificate (in my case) may not apply depending on which state you plan to work in.
If you go to www.workplace.gov.au and type in ARTC certificates in the search box. It gives you a lot of info regarding what occupations require ARTC certificates, Application forms, fees etc. It's a bit of a rip-off as the application form format is not dissimilar to the TRA application form.
I do remember though (vaguely) that you can only apply once you have taken up PR.
You could also e-mail them about your concerns at [email protected]

Hope this has been of some use

Arron
Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

hi aaron,
thanks for that i will check out
ps. the right side of manc then! good lad!!!
thanks b&v
Old Jan 6th 2004, 10:00 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry,
misunderstood your question as the thread title was ARTC.
Your TRA assesment only quallifies you for migration purposes of which you don't get a certificate( your visa will be the "proof"),
but in some states if you wish to carry out your trade, you will have to be further assessed, either by an application form( with relevant qualification docs) or a practical skills test ( the latter being required only if absolutely neccessary)
From what i can gather it's like a license to work in your particular trade, rather like a heating engineer in the UK may be able to do the job, but his skills have to be assessed by "corgi" before he's allowed to practice.
Hope this makes sense.

Arron