Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Arse End of PB.

View Poll Results: How much does PB talk from a well known end?
A little bit.
18.75%
A bit more then a little bit.
12.50%
Dump loads.
68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

The Arse End of PB.

Old Jun 13th 2003, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

themetalmessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Arse End of PB.

Please feel free to participate in a special PB poll.
How much do you the 'VOTER' believe that PB talks from a well
known end?
Old Jun 13th 2003, 9:26 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

He annoyed me at first....now he does'nt bother me. Alot of what he says is pure generalisation, BUT some is very true and worthy of consideration before you emigrate. At least he backs up any claims he makes.... (or tries to...)

Only two posters on this site who i find truly to be a waste of everyones time, and they are Wilf and Megalania.....no substance to any of thier posts, just wild speculation and alot of nonsense.
Old Jun 13th 2003, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Some of his posts have been really helpful. To be honest i don`t want to stoop to low levels of slagging anyone off. Everyone is within their rights to air their own opinion. It is down to the individual if they want to take the advice on board!!

footie chick
Old Jun 13th 2003, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point

PB has too much free time on his hands.

He is about to have a bit of a shock when he returns to the UK.
He is under the impresion he will be treated more fairly by a UK employer. (he may have to do some work)
He believes Oz is very highly taxed and I dont think he considers National Insurance or VAT or Duty as a tax.

He takes much pleasure in scanning for bad news items to try and shock people in to not going to Oz. (dont think many are so naive) He thinks we should have a balanced view but his view is totaly one sided. Genarally a load of rubbish.
He is:- NOTHING BUT DREAMER. (Supertramp)

Tony C

(bet he tries to have the last word)
Old Jun 13th 2003, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think PB is OK as long as you don't take it all seriously.

I was not keen on Wilf at first but whatever anyone says he is very witty.

Last edited by karawara88; Jun 13th 2003 at 10:13 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2003, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by karawara88
I think PB is OK as long as you don't take it all seriously.

I was not keen on Wilf at first but whatever anyone says he is very witty.
PB makes me laugh, you can imagine him pissing himself at all of us getting wound up, he just gets a tad too personal sometimes.

Same with Wilf really. It's not all garbage, think it depends what mood he's in. Last week he had a whole day of mostly useful info. (Perhaps he only gets his medication once a week!)

..but without all these characters this forum would soon become a bit dull like most of the others.
Old Jun 13th 2003, 11:00 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Arse End of PB.

Originally posted by themetalmessiah
known end?
If people like PB can put off your dream, then you havn't the balls to realise that dream. It will be a hard slog adjusting, leaving behind all that is familiar to us, friends, family etc. We all have doubts, but we also have ambition and a sense of what is right, there is a lot not right about the way this country is headed. Think 50 years down the line, I may not be around but my grandchildren will be.

Slater
Old Jun 13th 2003, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

megawho is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Slater
If people like PB can put off your dream, then you havn't the balls to realise that dream. It will be a hard slog adjusting, leaving behind all that is familiar to us, friends, family etc. We all have doubts, but we also have ambition and a sense of what is right, there is a lot not right about the way this country is headed. Think 50 years down the line, I may not be around but my grandchildren will be.

Slater
Interstingly enough, the future of my (yet to have) children is one of the main reasons why my wife and I are moving back to the UK.
Think you're right about having the balls to emigrate though. Its a hard slog in a lot of ways, and frankly you're going to have to get used to a bit of verbal rough and tumble over here. Usually its nothing malicious, but every once in a while you'll meet an Ozzie who'll let you have it (for being a pom) far worse than Pb ever does!
Old Jun 14th 2003, 12:23 am

kevpreece is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by megawho
Interstingly enough, the future of my (yet to have) children is one of the main reasons why my wife and I are moving back to the UK.
Think you're right about having the balls to emigrate though. Its a hard slog in a lot of ways, and frankly you're going to have to get used to a bit of verbal rough and tumble over here. Usually its nothing malicious, but every once in a while you'll meet an Ozzie who'll let you have it (for being a pom) far worse than Pb ever does!
PB and Wilf are pretty harmless, dont take to much notice, theyre getting on and i think PB wants to back to the motherland to be by his son.

take them with a pince of salt, nice chaps really.

cheers

kev
Old Jun 14th 2003, 6:45 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

PB is the ulimate dreamer, something he accuses us of being. It seems that he is insecure and would rather be back over here where it's easier to have a saftey net (DSS). The idea is to reply to his negative posts with facts, like I do. I imagine him as a Victor Meldrew saying, "What, I'll tell you what's wrong with this country.....". And off he goes again, but this time, trying to insult you! The person that I don't like is the one who taught him how to 'cut-and-paste'!

He has had some good posts, but does he honestly think that we are all so naive that we haven't done our own research?

He's like the little free toy in the 'Happy Meal', harmless and you can wind him up and watch him go!

Keep posting, PB, but you'll have to open your eyes soon.
Old Jun 14th 2003, 8:21 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

known end?
i personally think the guys a legend and everyone should have one living next door,very informative and self opinionated (a true brit)
Old Jun 14th 2003, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

known end?
I think after 9 years in Perth, PB is entitled to speak as HE finds it. Others will make their own minds up. This is a FORUM. Let the guy have his say.

Personally, I had considered Perth as a viable option, but now we`re in Brisbane, I`m very glad we didn`t end up in Perth. However, I have met several people from Perth and they LOVE it.
It`s all a question of individual choice - live and let live for goodness sake!!!
Old Jun 14th 2003, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally now read posts and think what is PB going to have to say on this subject and then wait to see if I am anywhere near the mark.
At the end of the day we are adults and make our own choices and then live with the consequences. Nobody can live your life for you. After a while it becomes evident which bits of posts are useful and which aren't.
I wish PB and his family the best of luck in their move back to the UK and hope that it is all that they want it to be, just as I hope that Perth will be all that I hope it will be. I expect hard work and plenty of readjustment on our part. I can't wait.
Old Jun 14th 2003, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rosy
I think after 9 years in Perth, PB is entitled to speak as HE finds it. Others will make their own minds up. This is a FORUM. Let the guy have his say.

Personally, I had considered Perth as a viable option, but now we`re in Brisbane, I`m very glad we didn`t end up in Perth. However, I have met several people from Perth and they LOVE it.
It`s all a question of individual choice - live and let live for goodness sake!!!

I dont think 9 years in Perth entitles anyone to abuse and insult people as PB does on this forum.
Old Jun 14th 2003, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

They are wind up merchants, they love nothing more than a good banter and good luck to them occasionally they drop in little pearls of wisdom.

If you dangle the worm they take the bait. landing the buggers is a battle of wits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.