arriving soon

Old Oct 20th 2006, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

PATB is on a distinguished road
Default arriving soon

hi,
my family and i are moving to Queensland in early November from Ireland.
have you any advise on what we should do first? apart from and buying sun cream. accommodation is sorted.
PatB
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: arriving soon

Originally Posted by PATB
hi,
my family and i are moving to Queensland in early November from Ireland.
have you any advise on what we should do first? apart from and buying sun cream. accommodation is sorted.
PatB
Hi Pat,

There's loads to do! Are you moving permanently?

Suzi
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:26 am
Just Joined

Post Re: arriving soon

Originally Posted by suzimc
Hi Pat,

There's loads to do! Are you moving permanently?

Suzi
Hi Suzi,
sure am! i have one more week in work and then its off to the wonderful land of oz on the 8th of Nov. i think i have everything sorted this end but when we get to oz, i not really sure of what to do first.
PatB
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:20 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Hi Suzi,
sure am! i have one more week in work and then its off to the wonderful land of oz on the 8th of Nov. i think i have everything sorted this end but when we get to oz, i not really sure of what to do first.
PatB
Which part of Qld are you going to settle in. maybe then someone can give you info on the local medicare, centrelink, Qld transport, etc etc.

Neil.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Hi Suzi,
PatB
thats a coincidence we too leave on the 8th. Not going via Manchester are u?
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Suzi,
PatB
We leave on the 4th for NSW. My list is long and covers things like; go to bank,get taxfile number,sort medicare,sort driving licence, buy food, car,suncream, uv tent,buckets and spades,hats, join parent and toddler group, join library, join toy library, get info from tourist centre, talk to people and network,etc, etc...oh yes, and get job!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by neil.b
Which part of Qld are you going to settle in. maybe then someone can give you info on the local medicare, centrelink, Qld transport, etc etc.

Neil.
Hi Neil,
we are planning to go to deception bay first and then follow our relations to Jimboomba after Christmas. where i settle is still not finalised.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by raven
thats a coincidence we too leave on the 8th. Not going via Manchester are u?
Raven,
no, we are going through Heathrow. not looking forward to going through security, heard it is a nightmare. dont get me wrong, i'm not hiding anything
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by seasprite
We leave on the 4th for NSW. My list is long and covers things like; go to bank,get taxfile number,sort medicare,sort driving licence, buy food, car,suncream, uv tent,buckets and spades,hats, join parent and toddler group, join library, join toy library, get info from tourist centre, talk to people and network,etc, etc...oh yes, and get job!
Hi Seasprite,
Jeysus! you're well sorted. organised to the last. lol
Old Oct 25th 2006, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Seasprite,
Jeysus! you're well sorted. organised to the last. lol
Ah yes, I love my lists! Sometimes I even write something on I have already done just so I can cross it off... I know it's a bit nutty but it gives me pleasure
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by seasprite
Ah yes, I love my lists! Sometimes I even write something on I have already done just so I can cross it off... I know it's a bit nutty but it gives me pleasure
Nutty, why not! lots of people say we're nutty just for thinking about going to the other side of the world. BUT remember this: "In 20 years time most people look back and regret what they didnt do rather then what they did do."
Old Oct 27th 2006, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Raven,
no, we are going through Heathrow. not looking forward to going through security, heard it is a nightmare. dont get me wrong, i'm not hiding anything
Are u flying to Brisbane. If u are going on the 11 am flight u will be on the same flight as us from sing to bribane. Let us know?
Raven
Old Oct 27th 2006, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by raven
Are u flying to Brisbane. If u are going on the 11 am flight u will be on the same flight as us from sing to bribane. Let us know?
Raven
as i leaving work within the next hour i dont have my itinerary with me.
i do know we are arriving into Brisbane at 7.50 am on the 10th