Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Arriving in Perth August / Sept?

Arriving in Perth August / Sept?

Old Jul 15th 2006, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Darren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant future
Default Arriving in Perth August / Sept?

Hi All
Arriving in Perth on August 22nd and like someone said in a previous thread ' what the f*** are we doing!!' Would love to hear from anyone arriving around the same time and maybe we could meet up for a jar or two oncethe 'shell shock' has subsided! Seems so long ago that this all started and now the time has nearly arrived. Parents are flapping, friends are talking as if we are going to the moon. Aaaarrrrrgh! :scared:
Daz,Vanessa and girls
Old Jul 15th 2006, 8:12 pm
JKA
Forum Regular

JKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Arriving in Perth August / Sept?

Hi

We're not moving until April next year but have had our Visa since last October and are already starting to panic about the move.

Not any use to use to your post question, but good luck with it all.

John & Nikki
Old Jul 15th 2006, 11:04 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Darren S
Hi All
Arriving in Perth on August 22nd and like someone said in a previous thread ' what the f*** are we doing!!' Would love to hear from anyone arriving around the same time and maybe we could meet up for a jar or two oncethe 'shell shock' has subsided! Seems so long ago that this all started and now the time has nearly arrived. Parents are flapping, friends are talking as if we are going to the moon. Aaaarrrrrgh! :scared:
Daz,Vanessa and girls
We are hoping to be there in August, and at the latest, the begining of September.
Old Jul 16th 2006, 3:23 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Hi All
Daz,Vanessa and girls
Where abouts are you heading to, as there are plenty of meet ups all over. Suzette at Cedar Cottage
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Elka is an unknown quantity at this point

You're probably already there now, We're arriving end of August or 1st week of Sept - terrified and Excited!! Seems to taken forever applying and now it's hit the ground running - love living life on the edge!! I've been told priority is temporary diggs for at least first couple of weeks whilst you buy car and get job and then find longer term diggs near to where you've found a job.

Need to get Tax so don't get hit with emergency tax with first pay cheque (think its something like 60% on emergency tax), new Ozzy drivers licence and medicare. Forgot the name of the strings in this forum but there are plenty showing links to the relevant websites. For Tax No' Try: http://ato.gov.au/individuals/content website - I am going to see if I can apply from UK.

First thing am going to buy is a laptop to stay in touch with everyone cheaply on the net. Luckily staying with rellies for the first month but have found loads of tips on this forum.

Stay in touch everyone - let us know how you all are doing, any tips etc and will give you a shout when we arrive
Elka & Rob

Last edited by Elka; Jul 23rd 2006 at 6:36 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Ant & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant future

Hi All
Daz,Vanessa and girls

Hi

We are arriving on 21st August and we have never been ther before and do not know anyone there. We have had the same thoughts and they get worse the closer we get to the move. We have a number of leaving dos to go to and the first one was last night and i felt that once the tears started coming they were not going to stop and we still have other dos to go to. Just want it to be over an done with and arrive ready to settle. Would love to meet up when we have settled. What area are you going to?
Ant & Kev & boys
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ant & Kev
Hi

We are arriving on 21st August and we have never been ther before and do not know anyone there. We have had the same thoughts and they get worse the closer we get to the move. We have a number of leaving dos to go to and the first one was last night and i felt that once the tears started coming they were not going to stop and we still have other dos to go to. Just want it to be over an done with and arrive ready to settle. Would love to meet up when we have settled. What area are you going to?
Ant & Kev & boys
Hi Ant, Kev and the boys,

Good to hear from you. It's pretty scary isn't it? sooo much to do and fear of the unknown but know it will be soooo worth it.

We'll be starting off in 'Martin' with my Uncle, which is east of Perth - way inland so I am told. Once we get cars and jobs we'll be moving but at this stage we dont know where. My Uncles advice is to find your job first and then that'll give you an idea of where you want to be short term until you get to know Perth well. We'll be looking for somewhere middle of the road price/area wise for renting until we get a really good feel for where we want to be. My husbands been before (he lived in Mullalo for a year 4 years ago) so I am hoping it'll all come flooding back to him and he'll know where to go......

Definitely meet up once settled, do you know where you are going to yet? What line of work are you in?

E
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Ant & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Elka
Hi Ant, Kev and the boys,

Good to hear from you. It's pretty scary isn't it? sooo much to do and fear of the unknown but know it will be soooo worth it.

We'll be starting off in 'Martin' with my Uncle, which is east of Perth - way inland so I am told. Once we get cars and jobs we'll be moving but at this stage we dont know where. My Uncles advice is to find your job first and then that'll give you an idea of where you want to be short term until you get to know Perth well. We'll be looking for somewhere middle of the road price/area wise for renting until we get a really good feel for where we want to be. My husbands been before (he lived in Mullalo for a year 4 years ago) so I am hoping it'll all come flooding back to him and he'll know where to go......

Definitely meet up once settled, do you know where you are going to yet? What line of work are you in?

E
We will be staying south of perth, not sure where yet. I am a beauty therapist and hubby is a mechanic and is working in melville
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ant & Kev
We will be staying south of perth, not sure where yet. I am a beauty therapist and hubby is a mechanic and is working in melville
Cool - helps when networking for jobs, never know who you'll meet who'll need beauty therapist/mechanic etc.

Rob's a builder and I know that the Trades tend to get to network well...... I'm a Project Manager so will probably end up working from Central Perth but all over on a day to day basis depending on what contract I get.

Keep in touch and we'll meet up - help each other get to know Perth...........

Last edited by Elka; Jul 23rd 2006 at 7:46 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Darren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant future

Hi- we have temporary accommodation sorted in mandurah for just over a month. Just sorted a bank account with Westpac and joined ozforex and xetrade so now got to watch the exchange rate and get some cash over there. Will probably look North of Perth for unfurnished accommodation after the first couple of days because by the sound of things it's not straight forward. Then there is the small matter of a job to find!! Have shipped desktop pc but then after 2 weeks withoutit went on ebay at work and bought a laptop! What did we used to do before PC's? 4 weeks today we will be in the air on our way to KL. Not got our leaving do until August 11th but since I started this thread our thoughts have gone positive again although I'm sure on the 11th we will start to question our sanity once again!

Keep in touch all and we will def meet up once there

Daz, Vanessa & girls
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

We're arriving in Perth on 31st August. Got a holiday let for three weeks in Merriwa. Had leaving party, set up bank account, sold house and car's now up for sale. Hubbys a brickie and I've now taken (very) early retirement.

Always willing to meet up with anyone

Heather, Paul and girls
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ohippy
We're arriving in Perth on 31st August. Got a holiday let for three weeks in Merriwa. Had leaving party, set up bank account, sold house and car's now up for sale. Hubbys a brickie and I've now taken (very) early retirement.

Always willing to meet up with anyone

Heather, Paul and girls
Give us a shout when you arrive and we will give you any tips we may have picked up in 9 days lol!
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Daren is an unknown quantity at this point

Give us a shout when you arrive and we will give you any tips we may have picked up in 9 days lol!
Hi,
we are flying out on 12 sep, are having 3 days in hong kong then arrive in perth on 17.We have furnished accomadation for 6 weeks,and in this time we will be looking for a unfurnished rental property.
I start my job in nov.My wife is going to look for a job, but hopes to be off till the new year so is able to settle in with our 4 yr old.
Hope all goes well and may be able to meet up.
Cheers,daren,mandy & izaac

Last edited by Daren; Jul 23rd 2006 at 11:33 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:26 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Elka
You're probably already there now, We're arriving end of August or 1st week of Sept - terrified and Excited!! Seems to taken forever applying and now it's hit the ground running - love living life on the edge!! I've been told priority is temporary diggs for at least first couple of weeks whilst you buy car and get job and then find longer term diggs near to where you've found a job.

Need to get Tax so don't get hit with emergency tax with first pay cheque (think its something like 60% on emergency tax), new Ozzy drivers licence and medicare. Forgot the name of the strings in this forum but there are plenty showing links to the relevant websites. For Tax No' Try: http://ato.gov.au/individuals/content website - I am going to see if I can apply from UK.

First thing am going to buy is a laptop to stay in touch with everyone cheaply on the net. Luckily staying with rellies for the first month but have found loads of tips on this forum.

Stay in touch everyone - let us know how you all are doing, any tips etc and will give you a shout when we arrive
Elka & Rob
Hi, just to let you know, we paid online for a laptop late on Friday night and it arrived sat afternoon, it was $799.00 and is great, it was from www.ple.com.au worth every cent, we were looking at paying a lot more as we have shopped around it is an acer aspire and is a special. dont know when it ends but a good deal. Suzette at Cedar Cottage
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

neiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to all

Hi all
We shall be arriving the end of august house is sold car is sold havnt booked anywhere to stay yet leaving it very late i know .we shall be looking north of perth to im a chef will look for work after a bit of a break first have 3 boys and would love to meet up with people and get to know the area and any other familys with children boys are 7 and twins of 5 :scared:
neil&lesley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.