Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Arriving Mel on 9/9/9 - questions

Arriving Mel on 9/9/9 - questions

Old Aug 30th 2009, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future
Default Arriving Mel on 9/9/9 - questions

I will be arriving in Mel on 9/9/9 wahoo!

Short teerm rental sorted in Brunswick, all I need is help with few points:

1. Recommendation for a Driving Institute (I am EU drivers licence holder, but not on VIC roads list, so have to do it from scratch and would like to know good institute)

2. How and where to find any temp jobs - whats the best paper with listed vacancies?

3. Do you think I would need any docs such as Police Clearance, etc that I should bring with me?

Cheers
Old Aug 30th 2009, 10:14 am
Just Joined

kangy is a jewel in the roughkangy is a jewel in the roughkangy is a jewel in the roughkangy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Arriving Mel on 9/9/9 - questions

Hi, there i'm looking to go to melbourne myself next year and have found this site very helpfull
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au

kangy
Old Aug 30th 2009, 2:13 pm
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all

There are loads of driving instructors/institutes which you should be able to find looking up in the yellow pages (www.yellowpages.com.au). Sorry I can't recommend any particular one. In terms of finding jobs, I usually stick to the online job sites as more jobs are advertised online compared to papers. There are several job sites which I think have been mentioned a million times on this forum, i.e. seek, careerone etc etc.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

Can't help you - but want to wish you good luck.

Shame you won't be here for the new metro
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future

Thanks ya all... yeah I know the usual online places to look for jobs, I am looking for ideas off the track really...

No worries Poitin, metro does not excite me at all
Old Aug 30th 2009, 5:21 pm
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dubaiboy
Thanks ya all... yeah I know the usual online places to look for jobs, I am looking for ideas off the track really...
The Age newspaper in Melbourne is a good source of positions for management, bank roles etc. but it depends on what job you are looking for.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mecheng
The Age newspaper in Melbourne is a good source of positions for management, bank roles etc. but it depends on what job you are looking for.

Saturday is jobs day - a whole section on it and lots of management positions.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 9:46 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dubaiboy
How and where to find any temp jobs - whats the best paper with listed vacancies?
Wouldn't worry too much about the paper, as Hebe says it's only Saturday which is the main jobs day. All jobs in the paper are on
www.mycareer.com.au so you need to register on that. You should also register on www.seek.com.au and www.careers.vic.gov.au (local govt jobs), and www. jobjobsjobs.com.au.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys!!

Any info always appreciated!!