Arrived!!!

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arrived!!!

Well we are finally here....after all that planning, it's actually happened.

Flew with Singapore airlines who were fantastic. The kids loved the on demand movies and games and even the food wasn't bad. We had a fabulous few days in Singapore, it was stinking hot, 32C and 98% humidity. Our hotel was very smart and we all loved the city. For anybody with kids, go to the night safari, Jurong birdpark and Sentosa. Also nearly all the restaurants along the Boat and Clarke key, do English kids menu alongside the usual one. very handy if like us you have fussy kids!

Arrived in Brisbane on sat and almost made it no further!! A drug sniffing dog singled us out as having illegal substances in our stuff. We had no idea why this was and though terrified just played it dumb. After a bag search, the culprit tuned out to be a bottle of Sudafed cough medicine as the kids left the YK with dreadful colds and coughs. Apparantly, the drug barons use Sudafed to manufacture Ecstecy! After all that, they let us keep the stuff with a stern warning not to import it again. So you lot beware!!!

We're now staying with my cousin in Toowoomba and will spend a few days with friends on the sunshine coast and Brisbane before heading down to Melbourne next week.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Andiii is an unknown quantity at this point

Ooooooo.... congratulations.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 10:01 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Arrived!!!

Originally posted by suffolkdiva
Well we are finally here....after all that planning, it's actually happened.

Flew with Singapore airlines who were fantastic. The kids loved the on demand movies and games and even the food wasn't bad. We had a fabulous few days in Singapore, it was stinking hot, 32C and 98% humidity. Our hotel was very smart and we all loved the city. For anybody with kids, go to the night safari, Jurong birdpark and Sentosa. Also nearly all the restaurants along the Boat and Clarke key, do English kids menu alongside the usual one. very handy if like us you have fussy kids!

Arrived in Brisbane on sat and almost made it no further!! A drug sniffing dog singled us out as having illegal substances in our stuff. We had no idea why this was and though terrified just played it dumb. After a bag search, the culprit tuned out to be a bottle of Sudafed cough medicine as the kids left the YK with dreadful colds and coughs. Apparantly, the drug barons use Sudafed to manufacture Ecstecy! After all that, they let us keep the stuff with a stern warning not to import it again. So you lot beware!!!

We're now staying with my cousin in Toowoomba and will spend a few days with friends on the sunshine coast and Brisbane before heading down to Melbourne next week.
Good to hear Sing air are good....we are flying with them in 4 weeks!

Have fun while your on hols

Lucky they did'nt want a cavity search eh :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by suffolkdiva
Please can you bring some sunshine from the Sunshine Coast!
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 10:09 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Please can you bring some sunshine from the Sunshine Coast!
Is it really not getting nicer (weatherwise) in Melbourne yet??

Im in Mount Gambier for 8 weeks in 3 weeks time.....i've been praying to the sun god
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 10:24 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

The sun has to shine tomorrow 'cos it's .... Melbourne Cup Day!

We're looking at 27 degrees for Wednesday, so we're getting there ... slowly.

Best regards.

Originally posted by PeteY
Is it really not getting nicer (weatherwise) in Melbourne yet??

Im in Mount Gambier for 8 weeks in 3 weeks time.....i've been praying to the sun god
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

actually I dont think it rained today!!
Yes, forecast to be gorgeous tomorrow..fingers crossed.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 10:39 am
Badge

Melbourne Cup Day, eh?

that be the day they run once (or something) around a "course" whilst the rest of the nation takes a day off in the name of it. ;-)

badge

2nd negative thing about Australia I've said all year!!

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by badgersmount
Melbourne Cup Day, eh?

that be the day they run once (or something) around a "course" whilst the rest of the nation takes a day off in the name of it. ;-)

badge

2nd negative thing about Australia I've said all year!!

nooo! I think only Vic gets a holiday tomorrow...the rest of the nation is at work /
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 11:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

"Most" of the rest of the nation is at work...some of us will be fighing through a mountain of application forms, whilst WISHING we were at work!! Shall watch the Cup on TV though......
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 11:09 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
"Most" of the rest of the nation is at work...some of us will be fighing through a mountain of application forms, whilst WISHING we were at work!! Shall watch the Cup on TV though......
We might even be able to watch it at a pub somewhere, as long as I can get back to pick up the kids by 2.45
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 11:11 am
WBB

melbourne cup day eh....that was the day i l left australia in 97.

a sad day

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 11:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like my kind of lunch Mrs D! Beer and racing, excellent!! Specially as it has been suggested I should drink less till I get a job to pay for it! I'm not his wife yet, so I'll just ignore him!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 11:17 am
WBB

Sounds like my kind of lunch Mrs D! Beer and racing, excellent!! Specially as it has been suggested I should drink less till I get a job to pay for it! I'm not his wife yet, so I'll just ignore him!!!
i thought the ignorance starte after marriage???

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

poll does that mean go from 2 bottles of wine a day to 1

arlene
champagne on ice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.