Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ARRGGHHHH.no,no,noooooooooo

ARRGGHHHH.no,no,noooooooooo

Old Oct 10th 2004, 3:12 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARRGGHHHH.no,no,noooooooooo

Originally Posted by jensteve
Heard this one before, Australia do not recognise city and guilds qualifications! I think business visa would be the way to go, I dont think it would be worthwhile appealing. Have a look at businesses for sale, I am sure if you ask on here, expats will look in the local papers for you so at least you have some idea. Let us know where you are thinking of heading.
Jenny
my trade certificates are city & guilds and thats what got us in,we had no problems at all
Old Oct 10th 2004, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Bob Edmunds is an unknown quantity at this point

hi ,thanks for the suport ,your a good bunch of people.
I`m a gas fitter by trade ,time served apprentice,now with 26 years experiance .I havn`t had my result back yet but hoping it will be positive .To be honest we knew that wifee`s job wasn`t on the SOL but the optimist in us hoped that we could get a positive result through sandra`s 6 years job experiance and the City & guilds qualification+training that she had to get for her job .Being on the wrong side of 40 I/we needed points for Sandra`s occupation to the reach the magic 120 ,as it is, we only get 105 .not enough for Skilled migration so as you can imagine we busy reading-up and exploring other avenues at the moment!
we are`nt absolutely sure where we want to end up living but we seem to have come to the conclusion to exclude Perth/ Brisbane/Darwin as too damn hot (sorry if that upsets anybody living there ,no offence meant ) so our choice was any where near the coast of NSW /Vic/SA
Old Oct 11th 2004, 11:05 am
ROOFER

roofer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bettytweena
Hi Misty33
Yes, we did apply under the skilled independent regional (provisional) visa. It is temporary for 3 years, but if you fulfill the stipulated criteria, ie. live in SA for two full years, and work full time in an occupation on the SOL for at least 1 year, you will be eligible to apply for PR.
We applied for sponsorship to SA on 20th August, and were granted it on 30th September, although we didn't know until 6th Oct.

Although there are no guarantees that PR will be granted, if you have fulfilled the criteria, brought property, put kids through school, worked and paid taxes, there probably isn't any reason why you would be refused......the visa has worked, they have attracted you to a low population area, and you have settled.....
Just an opinion though......all the same, it was our only option.

Whatever you do, good luck..

HI

WAS IT DIFFICULT TO GET THE SIR VISA - ARE THEY LOOKING FOR ROOF TILERS/SLATERS? DID YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE TRA? IS IT AS DIFFICULT AS THE REST OF THE VISAS? WE ARE LOOKING AT VARIOUS OPTIONS AT THE MOMENT!!!!!

CAN YOU GIVE SOME ADVICE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ROOFER
Old Oct 11th 2004, 4:32 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob Edmunds
hi ,thanks for the suport ,your a good bunch of people.
I`m a gas fitter by trade ,time served apprentice,now with 26 years experiance .I havn`t had my result back yet but hoping it will be positive .To be honest we knew that wifee`s job wasn`t on the SOL but the optimist in us hoped that we could get a positive result through sandra`s 6 years job experiance and the City & guilds qualification+training that she had to get for her job .Being on the wrong side of 40 I/we needed points for Sandra`s occupation to the reach the magic 120 ,as it is, we only get 105 .not enough for Skilled migration so as you can imagine we busy reading-up and exploring other avenues at the moment!
we are`nt absolutely sure where we want to end up living but we seem to have come to the conclusion to exclude Perth/ Brisbane/Darwin as too damn hot (sorry if that upsets anybody living there ,no offence meant ) so our choice was any where near the coast of NSW /Vic/SA
Hi do you have an agent? My fella will be 45 in may he is a carpenter/joiner i have no recognised occupation so no extra points from me either to make up the 120 needed so we are going in through the STNI route only need 70 point pass mark plus a positive skills assessment the STNI route is better than SIR as you automatically get permeanent residency STNI is in either SA/vic/tasmania.

Kay
P.S Colins qualifications are city and guilds