Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Arnotts vs. McVities

Arnotts vs. McVities

Old May 22nd 2009, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Arnotts vs. McVities

Hob nobs (choc and plain) and Digestives (milk and plain) are both on special at Aldi from next Thursday
Old May 22nd 2009, 10:23 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps BE should organise some sort of donation for the folks in Tasmania?

If every member went out and bought a few packs of hobnobs and mcvities, I'm sure we could fill a Cessna and fly it over to Tasmania, there would be no need to stop we could just release the crates from the cargo hold and then watch our Tasmanian friends run towards the hobnobs as they land in the fields... ho ho.
Old May 22nd 2009, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

kericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud of

mcvities anyday you cant beat english food
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
Perhaps BE should organise some sort of donation for the folks in Tasmania?

If every member went out and bought a few packs of hobnobs and mcvities, I'm sure we could fill a Cessna and fly it over to Tasmania, there would be no need to stop we could just release the crates from the cargo hold and then watch our Tasmanian friends run towards the hobnobs as they land in the fields... ho ho.
Oooh yes please

Let me know when you're doing a drop and I'll be waiting to pick up a few crates

Sam
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

mary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kericare
mcvities anyday you cant beat english food
McVities are actually SCOTTISH!!
Old May 23rd 2009, 12:29 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rab
They have stopped stocking McVities biscuits in Woolworths.

All I can find is wall-to-wall Arnotts which are totally inferior, chocolate that's like lard, rock hard ginger nuts, tasteless fatty Tim Tams, yuk!

I need some plain chocolate Digestives right now!

So far it's Arnotts 0 McVities 1

What's your score? And no I am not a troll, I really want my Hob Nobs!
But what if it's not a competition and you like both equally?
Old May 23rd 2009, 12:34 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by rab
I really want my Hob Nobs!
Have you got back from ALDI yet.....

Old May 23rd 2009, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Some are great. I love the rich creams. Just the thick, white shortbread with the plain filling. They come in the assorted pack, probably on their own, too.

Wouldn't say Tim Tams were tasteless - on the contrary!

Notable biscuits from the UK I liked and never got around to finding an Australian equivalent is the jammy dodger - with cream as well as jam..the fact that after 5 years I don't know shows that I pick different things in different countries(!)

My daughters also like the Arnotts with the clock faces. So do I..
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
What about these at ALDI's....

http://aldi.com.au/au/media/offers/W...iscuits_PD.jpg

McVitie’s Milk Chocolate Digestive 300g or Original Digestive 400g
ea $ 3.29
Don't like Digestives at all....exception - unless they are the dark chocolate variety..
Old May 23rd 2009, 11:03 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rab
They have stopped stocking McVities biscuits in Woolworths.

All I can find is wall-to-wall Arnotts which are totally inferior, chocolate that's like lard, rock hard ginger nuts, tasteless fatty Tim Tams, yuk!

I need some plain chocolate Digestives right now!

So far it's Arnotts 0 McVities 1

What's your score? And no I am not a troll, I really want my Hob Nobs!
Go to Coles, they have them in Brisbane, so I guess they'll stock them all over.

Last edited by The Bloke; May 23rd 2009 at 11:07 am.