British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Armadale, Perth (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/armadale-perth-585666/)

Kingseat Jan 20th 2009 8:08 am

Armadale, Perth

Just wondering if anyone on the boards lives or knows much about Armadale. Thinking about this area if we finally manage to move over in September.

Thank you.

rangersman2 Jan 20th 2009 8:13 am

Re: Armadale, Perth

there are better area's than Armadale to put it mildly, a bit hard to find any worst

Kingseat Jan 20th 2009 9:06 am

oooh right! Thank you. Will stop looking there then!

sj oldfield Jan 20th 2009 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Kingseat (Post 7190934)
oooh right! Thank you. Will stop looking there then!

Its down to personal choice..............but I wouldnt live there!

renth Jan 20th 2009 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Kingseat (Post 7190779)
Just wondering if anyone on the boards lives or knows much about Armadale. Thinking about this area if we finally manage to move over in September.

Thank you.

Absolute shitehole.

Kingseat Jan 20th 2009 9:34 am

Well, you guys are honest I'll give you that! Thanks though. Will be studying in Cannington so trying to look online at what's available. Needs to be a family home for 3 of us. Looking at around $400 per week. Needs to have a good family vibe.

Loved the look of Secret Harbour but may be too far out? I will be buying either a motorbike or a scooter when I arrive so a bit quicker than being in car.

Dorothy Jan 20th 2009 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Kingseat (Post 7191028)
Well, you guys are honest I'll give you that! Thanks though. Will be studying in Cannington so trying to look online at what's available. Needs to be a family home for 3 of us. Looking at around $400 per week. Needs to have a good family vibe.

Loved the look of Secret Harbour but may be too far out? I will be buying either a motorbike or a scooter when I arrive so a bit quicker than being in car.

Give Willetton a try. Nice suburb and good schools. Closeish (is that a word?) to Cannington.

Kingseat Jan 20th 2009 10:24 am

Off to have a look Dorothy. Thank you. We're out on holiday next month so want to narrow down a few good areas rather than wasting time in crap ones!

werty1 Jan 20th 2009 2:04 pm

Have you ever thought of coming down to Bunbury? Its 2 hours south of Perth, Im also on a student visa and I study here in Bunbury! :) Its regional too so you get extra points!!

Kingseat Jan 20th 2009 2:15 pm

We'd love to come further South but the course is in Cannington and it is the only place that does it. We'd be further South in a shot.

werty1 Jan 20th 2009 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Kingseat (Post 7191976)
We'd love to come further South but the course is in Cannington and it is the only place that does it. We'd be further South in a shot.

Oh well never mind! What course is it you are doing? Im doing horticulture and enjoying it!

Kingseat Jan 20th 2009 2:18 pm

Wall and Floor tiling in Cannington (hopefully). Still to apply for visas but we don't envisage any problems with getting them.

Glad you are enjoying it though. When does your course finish?

werty1 Jan 20th 2009 2:19 pm

will finish december 09! half way there already, its gone so quick! :)

worzel Jan 21st 2009 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Kingseat (Post 7190779)

Thank you.

It has its fair share of trouble but is starting to improve with new development. Older parts have some nice properties on large blocks in quite rural settings. But as I say, it has a fair amount of trouble from what i can tell. There is potential to see some good capital growth though if you can get through for a few years.

The_Wookie Jan 21st 2009 3:31 am

Originally Posted by renth (Post 7191005)
Absolute shitehole.

:rofl:

Renth says it as it is!!!