Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Armadale , Perth

Armadale , Perth

Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

nickallen1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Armadale , Perth

Just wondered if anyone out there knows anything about Armadale ( the pros and cons ) looking to move out later this year and the house prices dont look to prohibitive but have no idea on the area. Have heard varying reports from "dont even go there" to " nice area within hitting distance of the city".
Appreciate any feedback
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:45 pm
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of
Default Re: Armadale , Perth

I find it ironic that this suburb, which has such a bad reputation for hoons and yobbos, was, in the 50's and 60's, what the Northern Suburbs are today; the preferred area for newly-arrived migrants from the UK.
Certainly it has more than its share of young unemployed (predominantly white) young people, but these are most often the descendants of the original settlers.

Will the Northern Suburbs have the same reputation in 50 years? It's food for thought!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

HI
Armadale is one of the places i am going to go and check out at Easter on my reccie for the same reason as you! I will let you know how it goes
Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by daunted
HI
Armadale is one of the places i am going to go and check out at Easter on my reccie for the same reason as you! I will let you know how it goes
Hi, Just came back from a months visit at christmas my sister has lived there for 15years now and we are hoping to settle there to when we get our visa.
i love the place there is a new shopping centre that is due to be completed this year and they are planning on building a tafe (collage) there soon i think also they are planning to build a rowing centre so it is very up and coming ,house prices are rising due to the developments. beaches are bout 20 -30 mins away. didnt see any yobs except my nephews (ha ha).
very convienant for shops lovely cinema complex.
i think armadale has every thing you might need within easy distance and i found everybody to be friendly and welcoming.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:48 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mum01753
Hi, Just came back from a months visit at christmas my sister has lived there for 15years now and we are hoping to settle there to when we get our visa.
i love the place there is a new shopping centre that is due to be completed this year and they are planning on building a tafe (collage) there soon i think also they are planning to build a rowing centre so it is very up and coming ,house prices are rising due to the developments. beaches are bout 20 -30 mins away. didnt see any yobs except my nephews (ha ha).
very convienant for shops lovely cinema complex.
i think armadale has every thing you might need within easy distance and i found everybody to be friendly and welcoming.
Not sure about Armdale but Guildford is a nice place, When I've visted Perth I have always gone to the Guildford Tavern and also a little burger bar across road its an amazing place if you are ever round there.
http://www.alfredskitchen.com.au/
Try the Pea and Ham soup, Just like mum used to make!!!!! If I was moving to Perth I'd love to arange a meet up there.
Gary
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Not sure about Armdale but Guildford is a nice place, When I've visted Perth I have always gone to the Guildford Tavern and also a little burger bar across road its an amazing place if you are ever round there.
Try the Pea and Ham soup, Just like mum used to make!!!!! If I was moving to Perth I'd love to arange a meet up there.
Gary
again not sure about Armdale but we live in forrestfield and it has all we want,as you said Gary,Guilford and Midland just round the corner,and not many poms to push your house price up but without trying to upset the one's in NOR...this area is ok and could be the up and coming area's to buy in.

Steve
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:54 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickallen1969
Just wondered if anyone out there knows anything about Armadale ( the pros and cons ) looking to move out later this year and the house prices dont look to prohibitive but have no idea on the area. Have heard varying reports from "dont even go there" to " nice area within hitting distance of the city".
Appreciate any feedback
Armadale is rough. You'd have to be living in a total sh*thole in the UK if Armadale is a step up the ladder for you.

But, hey, "each to their own" as they say.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:58 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at the crime stats for the suburb compared to more expensive suburbs. Its cheap for a reason.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 11:04 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Gary
Guildford is nice. I'd live there but apparently it used to be very rough. Armadale is a different story. Sure there is a lot of investment going in there and the government is trying to improve it but as the rougher elements are pushed out of the inner city areas such as Maylands (also used to be very rough), they are going to move to areas like Amadale. I think you would need a lot of balls to invest in Armadale.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 11:10 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Guildford is nice. I'd live there but apparently it used to be very rough. Armadale is a different story. Sure there is a lot of investment going in there and the government is trying to improve it but as the rougher elements are pushed out of the inner city areas such as Maylands (also used to be very rough), they are going to move to areas like Amadale. I think you would need a lot of balls to invest in Armadale.
Why on earth would anyone migrate to Australia and end up in Armadale when they could get something 10 times better in Victoria, QLD or NSW ??
Old Feb 28th 2007, 11:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Why on earth would anyone migrate to Australia and end up in Armadale when they could get something 10 times better in Victoria, QLD or NSW ??
Exactly. No matter how much Armadale is talked up, it's still a shit place.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 11:31 pm
(It's not my real name)

Word up! they ought to turn it into a RAAF bombing range.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 12:04 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

But parts of Armadale are very nice

Mount Richon
Mount Nasura
Roleystone

All come under the Armadale belt and are very nice areas to live! (the hills side)
Roleystone prices are still growing steadly, better than Kalamunda areas!

And before you 'dig' at me, i live in the Kalamunda area!!!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 12:05 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
HI
personally, i would say stay away from Kelmscott!!! (very very bad!)

Have a good look around Armadale, as in all areas there are pockets of crap! (yes even up here in the hills)
But there are some nice places too!! it's not all bad!!!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 12:47 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by alan and sam
But parts of Armadale are very nice

Mount Richon
Mount Nasura
Roleystone

All come under the Armadale belt and are very nice areas to live! (the hills side)
Roleystone prices are still growing steadly, better than Kalamunda areas!

And before you 'dig' at me, i live in the Kalamunda area!!!
Sure, Mt Nasura and Roleystone are nice and although they might be in Armadale Shire, they are not Armadale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.