Arghhh Frustrated

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 1:46 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arghhh Frustrated

What the hell do I have to do to sell my house
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Arghhh Frustrated

Originally Posted by JenJen
Ours was on the market for over a year in Ireland and we had to take a hit for 75k euro for it to sell and even at that we were damn lucky for it to go.

Paddy
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JenJen
Hmmm really feel for you
We are just at the start of this - had estate agents yesterday and today. My head is absolutely banging! We haven't decided whether to sell or let and now I am even more confused and wary of the whole process! It's not helped by not knowing which agents to plump for - mind you, at least I've ruled out one set - they were a bunch of absolute *******
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough

I know how you feel - we put house on market last September. Didn't get one viewing - then when we did get someone round they offered a totally outrageous amount.

We eventually decided at Christmas to take it off with the Estate Agent we were using (not happy with them at all). When I looked into their contract I realised that we were on a Sole Selling Rights Contract. I think most Agents now use Sole Selling Agency and not the Sole Selling Rights - this is something to do with if the house sells and you have found the buyer through your own means (privately) you can still be eligible to pay them (the Agents) commission. The reason I discovered this was because I had put my house on the Classified Page on BE and had some contact with a gentleman who is moving back to UK from Aus. When I happened to mention this to the Agents they made it very clear that they could somehow claim that this buyer could have seen my property with thier advertising and in this regard they would still be liable to be paid commission because our contract gave them Sole Selling Rights. So I looked into this wording in more detail - its very easy to not realise or misinterpret. I also had to give them 4 weeks notice to remove my house with them. This was after a 16 week contract.......

Anyway - really just to warn people when you do sign your contract just check the wording they use and make sure you are happy with it all. Suppose we learn by our mistakes.

I have just put house back on Market yesterday and needless to say I am totally comfortable that the contract I have is within reason.

This is definately the worst part so far of our whole journey - the Visa was a breeze compared to what you go through afterwards.....

Anyway good luck to you all in the same situation.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

Houses are still seling in the U.K. A guy at work sold his house in Oxford just after Christmas for the full asking price of £310,000 after 3 days on the market. There were 4 buyers after it and the one he has sold to was a cash buyer!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:51 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

It is very frustrating Jen and what that has stopped us for going for the last 3 years. It took us 2.5 years to get an acceptable offer and another 6 months for the sale to go through, hassle all the way

Good luckfor you