Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ARGH the frustration

ARGH the frustration

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:51 pm
another aussie dreamer

sued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant future
Unhappy ARGH the frustration

of waiting for our tra. sent application on 27th July and rec. ack. on 29th July. Hadn't heard anything when hubbie went to London Expo last wednesday but rep at tra stand said he thought we should have heard well before now as hubbie is a plumber on modl so he advised us to ring or email tra as soon as we got home. I sent them a very polite email that night and got an answer straight away. They said our case had been decided on the 17th sept and a letter had been sent that day but they are unable to give decisions by email so we would have to wait until we received the letter and we could then contact dimia. :scared: Sh## we thought-is this a good or a bad sign.
Its now 3rd Oct and still no letter so i rang post office this morning and because they are short staffed at the moment they are weeks behind on deliveries. What do we do-this waiting is killing us. Has anyone got their decision any other way or are we going to be left in limbo? HELP.

Sue
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Mhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really nice
Default Re: ARGH the frustration

Sorry, can't help with your question - but what a nightmare. This must be so frustrating especially after seeing postings where people are getting a decision within 4 weeks.

I hope they put you out of your misery soon with a big fat YES.

Mhairi
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:42 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh gosh, sorry I can't help at all - must be so frustrating for you, hope you get your letter with a yes on really soon (perhaps you should offer to help at the post office

I've sent you some Karma

Katherine x
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:48 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sued
of waiting for our tra. sent application on 27th July and rec. ack. on 29th July. Hadn't heard anything when hubbie went to London Expo last wednesday but rep at tra stand said he thought we should have heard well before now as hubbie is a plumber on modl so he advised us to ring or email tra as soon as we got home. I sent them a very polite email that night and got an answer straight away. They said our case had been decided on the 17th sept and a letter had been sent that day but they are unable to give decisions by email so we would have to wait until we received the letter and we could then contact dimia. :scared: Sh## we thought-is this a good or a bad sign.
Its now 3rd Oct and still no letter so i rang post office this morning and because they are short staffed at the moment they are weeks behind on deliveries. What do we do-this waiting is killing us. Has anyone got their decision any other way or are we going to be left in limbo? HELP.

Sue
Hi Sue,
Its a nightmare all this waiting !!! But you will need your TRA letter to have for your main application. I tell ya I am suprised anyone passes the medicals with the amount of stress we all are under..... Just keep thinking positive and it will all come together, Then you can send off for the main Visa, ....... and then wait for that ....... talk about test patience eh!!!!!
Jane x
Old Oct 5th 2005, 9:04 pm
another aussie dreamer

sued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant future

thanks for the support you guys. Still nothing arrived yet-argh . we think we might chance giving tra a ring on friday and explain to them what has happened-you never know they might tell us over the phone as now the post office are voting on an all out strike bloody hell can anything else go wrong. :scared:
Old Oct 5th 2005, 9:08 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Sue, how frustrating for you, to say the least. I hope this is resolved for you soon.

Shirley
Old Oct 5th 2005, 9:18 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sued
thanks for the support you guys. Still nothing arrived yet-argh . we think we might chance giving tra a ring on friday and explain to them what has happened-you never know they might tell us over the phone as now the post office are voting on an all out strike bloody hell can anything else go wrong. :scared:

Hi Sue definately try and phone them just to explain the situation I would have thought you would have heard by now,
I would say the post has messed up .... If I were you I would e-mail and phone Have you got the number ??? I have it if you need it
Jane x
Old Oct 5th 2005, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

hi sue am sure you will get some good news soon.i can feel it in my bones.btw i think you know my sister dee ,she lives in perth,you may have emailed a couple of tomes.anyway good luck.irishbloo
xxx