British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Argh! docs too big for photocopier (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/argh-docs-too-big-photocopier-469397/)

JoolsB Jul 27th 2007 9:57 am

Argh! docs too big for photocopier

just copying off my birth and wedding certs for to take for certification but they're both a bit longer than A4 and copier chops either the top with the serial number off or the bottom with the official's signature off each.

Anyone else had this? :confused: Is it ok to copy onto 2 sheets and sellotape together? Should I to trek to kallkwik miles away for an A3 copier?

sassie Jul 27th 2007 10:40 am

Re: Argh! docs too big for photocopier

Originally Posted by JoolsB (Post 5112105)
just copying off my birth and wedding certs for to take for certification but they're both a bit longer than A4 and copier chops either the top with the serial number off or the bottom with the official's signature off each.

Anyone else had this? :confused: Is it ok to copy onto 2 sheets and sellotape together? Should I to trek to kallkwik miles away for an A3 copier?

Can you not try reducing it slightly, so as it fits, or alternatively, copy onto
A3 size paper. problem solved.

JoolsB Jul 27th 2007 10:48 am

Thanks-trying to use my fax/copier at home which has no A3 option but about to read though my machine manual to see how to reduce cos I didnt think of that doh!:o

JoolsB Jul 27th 2007 10:53 am

nope still no good as doc overhangs plate too much. kallkwik it is yawn

Gjn200 Jul 27th 2007 10:55 am

When we got our stuff stamped, they had to do the copying as they need to see the original.
i.e how can they state it's a true copy of the original if they don't do it themselves.

ozdreamer Jul 27th 2007 11:06 am

Have you got a scanner?
We got around the same problem by scanning the certificates in and then printing them as A4. :D

JoolsB Jul 27th 2007 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Gjn200 (Post 5112261)
When we got our stuff stamped, they had to do the copying as they need to see the original.
i.e how can they state it's a true copy of the original if they don't do it themselves.

I was going to take the originals with me so the solicitor can compare with the copy and then certify as a true copy:)

JoolsB Jul 27th 2007 11:18 am

Originally Posted by ozdreamer (Post 5112315)
Have you got a scanner?
We got around the same problem by scanning the certificates in and then printing them as A4. :D

the problem is not only the paper size but also that the actual glass plate which you put the doc on is only A4 size so cant do that either - Ive given up now!

ozdreamer Jul 27th 2007 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by JoolsB (Post 5112362)
the problem is not only the paper size but also that the actual glass plate which you put the doc on is only A4 size so cant do that either - Ive given up now!

Sounds like you are having a bad day - I'm sure there must be a solution :blink:
What you need to do is forget about it today, have a few drinks tonight and start again tomorrow :)

Kipsters Jul 27th 2007 4:14 pm

I was told not to sellotape 2 x A$ together, person who certifies documents will probably have a photocopier that does A3, ask them to do it for you.

Scott Jul 27th 2007 4:20 pm

shrink it on the copier , just reduce size & it won't cut it off .

sure take both to get signed and you will be fine :thumbsup:

JoolsB Jul 27th 2007 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by ozdreamer (Post 5113168)
Sounds like you are having a bad day - I'm sure there must be a solution :blink:
What you need to do is forget about it today, have a few drinks tonight and start again tomorrow :)

You are so right! My back is aching from poring over mounds of "evidence of my genuine relationship" all afternoon but the booze cupboard is bare alas-awaiting OH's return with gin and Nando's:thumbsup:

JoolsB Jul 27th 2007 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by scott&rachel (Post 5113789)
shrink it on the copier , just reduce size & it won't cut it off .

sure take both to get signed and you will be fine :thumbsup:

Am I being really dim?-how do i shrink it when half the document is hanging outside the copier where it cant register it?

Maple Leaf Jul 27th 2007 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by JoolsB (Post 5112105)

isnt' it odd..cos i am now in Canada..and our Aussie standard A4 documents are too big!..i am having ths same issues here..Canadians standard paper is slightly smaller!..so i just kind of bump the paper up the top as far as i can go without knocking out any of the text.

good luck!

Ozzy7 Jul 27th 2007 6:18 pm

We took ours to a printer in town who photocopied them for us.