Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

areas of perth to live in

Wikiposts

areas of perth to live in

Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:19 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Sorry to but my nose in here, but can some people get rid of their attitude!!

The poster asked for advice not sarcasm and digs.

The idea of this forum is to bounce ideas off each other and support each other..............or thats what it USED to be!!!
The poster asked for advice. The poster was given good advice. The poster then got 'arsey'.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

and you didnt????????????
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:46 pm
owieb

Have to a agree that a quick search will return loads of useful info, rather than having to rely on people constantly giving out the same information time and time again.

Everybody is different on what they like and don't like and what they want and what they don't want.

A good way to get a broad range of opinions is to have a read through some existing posts.

But to save too much searching here is my opinion.

I personally wouldn't live in Ellenbrook for the following reasons:

It's too far from the ocean

It's in the middle of nowhere (even if it is only 20 mins from the city).

It gets much hotter in the summer than coastal areas.

It's just a great big housing estate with loads of McHouses on it.

Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

FWIW I agree that the suggestion of using the search was a reasonable suggestion, and that the reply was slightly arsey.

However I have just tried a search on 'perth suberbs' and unless I am doing something wrong, I don't get that many results. How many years back does the search cover - anyone know?

As to the original question. After visiting the Northern suberbs I have to say that I really liked them and hence that is where I shall live. If I had a shed load of cash and didn't need to work then I would buy a house on the canals at Mandurrah and entertain myself daily, purely by dolphin watching whilst sitting in my pool! Oh well one day maybe.

Dave
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:57 pm
owieb

Originally posted by darkless
However I have just tried a search on 'perth suberbs' and unless I am doing something wrong, I don't get that many results.
You spelt "suburbs" wrong!

Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:01 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by darkless
FWIW I agree that the suggestion of using the search was a reasonable suggestion, and that the reply was slightly arsey.

However I have just tried a search on 'perth suberbs' and unless I am doing something wrong, I don't get that many results. How many years back does the search cover - anyone know?

As to the original question. After visiting the Northern suberbs I have to say that I really liked them and hence that is where I shall live. If I had a shed load of cash and didn't need to work then I would buy a house on the canals at Mandurrah and entertain myself daily, purely by dolphin watching whilst sitting in my pool! Oh well one day maybe.

Dave
Hey Dave

Me thinks most of the discussions around areas to live in Perth are mixed up in other threads, you know how we like to go off on tangents!!

Walla
Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally posted by owieb
You spelt "suburbs" wrong!

Oh balls!!! haha

I hope no one from DIMIA is reading this they may revoke my visa based on the 'English language criteria'!!

435 threads returned this time - should give the poster a varied set of views upon which they can make their own judgement

Dave
Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by walla1
Hey Dave

Me thinks most of the discussions around areas to live in Perth are mixed up in other threads, you know how we like to go off on tangents!!

Walla

Seriously tangents I hadn't noticed!!
Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

sue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the rough

sorry seem to have opened up a bit of a hornets nest

not intentional

new user of this site

looks like i will have to be a bit more careful on what i post in future!!!!

nice welcome anyway by a few!!

sue and mick
Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:44 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sue and mick
sorry seem to have opened up a bit of a hornets nest

not intentional

new user of this site

looks like i will have to be a bit more careful on what i post in future!!!!

nice welcome anyway by a few!!

sue and mick
Don't worry bout it!!
Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:52 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Where to live in Perth. Well i have lived here a few years, like 20 or so, but it really does depend on your lifestyle and how much folding stuff you got.

Rich, go to the western suburbs.... great private schools nice houses but no change from half a mill upwards and at least a mill if you want ocean or river views.

But more realistically head north. The majority of poms live in the northern suburbs like around the Joondalup area. Good schools both private and public, newish houses, transport etc.

Sometimes its easier to say where NOT to live. Like Balga, Girrawheen, Koondoola, Marrangaroo, Lockeridge etc

Siren's better half
Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:53 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...by=&sortorder=
Try some of the threads in there!

Welcome to the forum!

Also, try www.aussiemove.com

Perth has about 200 suburbs, so it's a bit difficult for me (and others) to give advice.

Kalamunda and Gooseberry Hill are in the Hills. They're more small towns than suburbs.
Maida Vale is foothills.

All good places I reckon.

Ellenbrook I don't know, but I think it's a bit far out, hasn't got much(I think you have to travel far for high school, I've heard)
Old Jul 9th 2004, 1:34 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: areas of perth to live in

Hi

looking for some help. Has anybody actually visited any suburbs of perth that they would recommend as we need to start looking for areas to live in good schools etc we are going out early next year for a look ourselves some of the places i have heard are nice are willeton, gooseberry hill,maida vale,ellenbrook and kalamunda any comments!

sue and mick
Hi,
We are heading for Perth in October this year. We are currently thinking of renting in the Ellenbrook area. We stayed there earlier this year and liked it. However I do agree that it is probably not everyone scup of tea, it is sort of 20-30 mins from everywhere.

We will keep an eye on this post for any other usefull info, there was a really good thread a few days ago.

PJ
Old Jul 9th 2004, 1:53 am
Just Joined

big yin is an unknown quantity at this point

nice attitude you lot and some people are nice believe it or not if you have nothing nice to say don't bother

Here, here.....I couldn't agree more!!
Old Jul 9th 2004, 1:57 am
Just Joined

big yin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by NedKelly63
The poster asked for advice. The poster was given good advice. The poster then got 'arsey'.
You have a rubbish attitude my friend...I am also new to this site and from what I believe, the purpose of the site is for people to share and divulge information relating to Australia, not to have a point of view or question thrown back to them!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.