Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Areas to live in North Brisbane

Areas to live in North Brisbane

Old Jul 17th 2012, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: Areas to live in North Brisbane

Originally Posted by macy
The traffic going up that way from the city on a Friday night isn't good... I am always so glad we didn't settle that far up. I would rent somewhere first and get a good idea before you rush into something you may regret.
the traffic going any direction from the city on a friday is bad,
Old Jul 18th 2012, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

We live in Narangba too, the state high school ranks 2nd in Queensland on some list, at least thats what they said at the school. Primary school is really good too. Not much facilities but North lakes Westfield is only a short drive away and also Morayfield shops are just down Oakey Flat Road. The blocks are much bigger too depending on how old the scheme is. We are in Creekside and most of the blocks are around 700 - 900 sq mtr. Its around a 45 minute commute to the city if you leave at 5am, after that add 30 minutes at least.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon Ferny Grove offers good value for money and is the first station (always get seat) on one of the shortest train lines into the city - only 30 mins. Lots of hills and trees in this area.

eg. Walk to train, 30 mins on train from town (13.5km drive) , 3 bed, 1 bath, 2 garage, walk schools, asking $389,000:
http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...rove-110586789

Last edited by fish.01; Jul 18th 2012 at 10:45 am.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 10:20 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Im looking at roughly Eatons Hill, Albany Creek, Aspley, Caseldine kind of area..

Any pros or cons any one has for round there at all?? Some of the Primary schools get pretty decent reports.
We did the acreage thing in cashmere for 9 years, we now live in Brighton, looking back acreage seems a real pain for no benefit.

The Albany creek area is nice but boring in my opinion I also think living near a train line is a bonus with traffic getting so bad.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 10:33 am
Mav
Forum Regular

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themerlin
We did the acreage thing in cashmere for 9 years, we now live in Brighton, looking back acreage seems a real pain for no benefit.

The Albany creek area is nice but boring in my opinion I also think living near a train line is a bonus with traffic getting so bad.
we where the total opposite we lived at Brighton for 6 months when we first arrived and hatted the place, then moved to acreage for the last four and a half years and love it,
Dont get me wrong we have friends who live at Brighton and they love the place it just wasn't for us
Old Jul 21st 2012, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future

Im looking at roughly Eatons Hill, Albany Creek, Aspley, Caseldine kind of area..

Any pros or cons any one has for round there at all?? Some of the Primary schools get pretty decent reports.
These areas will need loads of money to buy acerage, you need to look at Joyner, Cashmere and possibly some areas of Kallangur or as someone said Morayfield but with a bit of land you are still looking at 650,000 and up and specially for a 5 bed .........
Old Jul 21st 2012, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by johnknight001
the traffic going any direction from the city on a friday is bad,
Don't stick to the main road.......... eg the Bruce highway but go via Narangba or Redcliffe as there are plenty of other roads that will take you in or out of Brisbane without the traffic as they are all on the freeway
Old Jul 21st 2012, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

We've lived on the north side for 3 years and have recently bought in Mango Hill. It's affordable, close to good schools, motorways and Westfield. Very happy with our purchase!! and with the train line being started over the next few months I think our house value will benefit.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LouiseR
We've lived on the north side for 3 years and have recently bought in Mango Hill. It's affordable, close to good schools, motorways and Westfield. Very happy with our purchase!! and with the train line being started over the next few months I think our house value will benefit.
What are the good junior schools around Mango Hill/Griffin?

I cant seem to find any decent ones round there on
http://www.myschool.edu.au/
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

What are the good junior schools around Mango Hill/Griffin?

I cant seem to find any decent ones round there on
http://www.myschool.edu.au/
St Benedicts Catholic school is good as is the new state school Mango Hill Primary.

I'm not one for stats on a website; I prefer personal recommendation, the feel I get from visiting the school, how the kids present themselves in the local area etc.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

We aren't particularly religious. I'm guessing the catholic schools are pretty strict on that?
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

We aren't particularly religious. I'm guessing the catholic schools are pretty strict on that?
Non denomination is normally about 4th on the intake list I think! 1) catholic kids in the area 2) siblings 3) Catholics not in the area 4) non religious kids in the area. Depends how many kids apply in the same year as yours. St Benedicts for example last year didn't get to category 3 because of so many siblings.

Mango Hill SS in non denominational and I've heard nothing but excellent reports! Too soon for it to be on any myschool website I'd imagine but everything is brand new and state of the art.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Non denomination is normally about 4th on the intake list I think! 1) catholic kids in the area 2) siblings 3) Catholics not in the area 4) non religious kids in the area. Depends how many kids apply in the same year as yours. St Benedicts for example last year didn't get to category 3 because of so many siblings.

Mango Hill SS in non denominational and I've heard nothing but excellent reports! Too soon for it to be on any myschool website I'd imagine but everything is brand new and state of the art.
Sounds good! How long has it been open do you know?
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Sounds good! How long has it been open do you know?
Since January. They must have a decent budget because the year 1's get to use iPads!
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Since January. They must have a decent budget because the year 1's get to use iPads!
I shall have to investigate further! Thank you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.