Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Areas to live in North Brisbane

Areas to live in North Brisbane

Old Jul 14th 2012, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice
Default Areas to live in North Brisbane

Wondering if anyone can help, but we are moving to Brisbane with a job relocation and intend buying a 5 bed house with a bit of land North of Brisbane but no further than an hour into town.Also looking for descent either public primary/high schools or private schools in that area.
We have been told to avoid Coolbuture.So any ideas of areas to live or avoid would be good.
Thanks in advance.
WWWT
Old Jul 14th 2012, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Areas to live in North Brisbane

My advice would be to not rush into anything, grab a rental on a 6 month lease in an area where you think you may want to live and have a really good look around before you buy and get stuck in an area you may not actually like.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Im in the same boat looking. Iv still not decided and iv been here 4 months!
Old Jul 15th 2012, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
Wondering if anyone can help, but we are moving to Brisbane with a job relocation and intend buying a 5 bed house with a bit of land North of Brisbane but no further than an hour into town.Also looking for descent either public primary/high schools or private schools in that area.
We have been told to avoid Coolbuture.So any ideas of areas to live or avoid would be good.
Thanks in advance.
WWWT
All depends on how much you have to spend. Big Big differance in price between say Albany creek and Narangba. As always nearer the city higher the price
Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:09 am
Mav
Forum Regular

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
Thanks in advance.
WWWT
Hi we are at morayfield on 2 1/2 acres and love it,bin here nearly 5 years now
as for caboolture like any towns there are some really good bits to it and some really bad bits as well,
some of the properties with a caboolure post code are also miles, sorry kilometers from the main high street in great areas, these are also far more affordable because of it
Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Im looking at roughly Eatons Hill, Albany Creek, Aspley, Caseldine kind of area..

Any pros or cons any one has for round there at all?? Some of the Primary schools get pretty decent reports.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 10:28 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

How much land is "a bit"? If you are looking for an acre or more you will probably be more than an hour from the CBD, particularly at peak times.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 12:32 am
Just Joined

jackie2094 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I`ve worked on new housing at North Lakes and seems to have all facilities and not too far from Brissy. looks like a nice area. Best to get a short rental while you look a different areas. We decided on Sunshine Coast, it`s farther north and commuting is at least 1 1/2 but we love it. Good luck.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

as some one else said id wait, rent for 6 months, check areas, check again then look at buying, you may be in for a shock, 5 bed and a bit of land is going to set you back a lot of mulla if you want to be close to the city, most new suburbs dont do "a bit of land" you will get your 5 bed but also be butted up against a neighbour, i went to a new build the other day, 5 bed, split staircase, 4 showers, you get the picture, anyway whilst taking a crafty twinkle in the downstairs loo i happened to look out the window and said ello to the neighbour hanging her washing out. thats the reality of new suburbs, i dont mind them as their great for kids ect, shopping parks, however not for everyone. good luck with it all.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Some areas of North Lakes are certainly crammed in. With virtually no gardens.

I was told to avoid NL due to high burglary rates (maybe not now)! Apparently alot of houses have two working parents and houses are empty all day. My friend said his friend had a knock on his back door one day and it was a guy who had come to rob the house! The guy just walked away and jumped the fence at the back..

True story!
Old Jul 16th 2012, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Some areas of North Lakes are certainly crammed in. With virtually no gardens.

I was told to avoid NL due to high burglary rates (maybe not now)! Apparently alot of houses have two working parents and houses are empty all day. My friend said his friend had a knock on his back door one day and it was a guy who had come to rob the house! The guy just walked away and jumped the fence at the back..

True story!
We will be looking in this area as well but hadn't picked up on the burglary rates, bugger !
Old Jul 16th 2012, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
We will be looking in this area as well but hadn't picked up on the burglary rates, bugger !
remember if you move to australia there will be burglarys, there will be muggings and sadly people still die. every suburb has a horror story, every suburb has crime, and statisticly with the high price of housing most housholds have two incomes, i think on average i hear about one burglary a week in northlakes, go to caboolture and you hear a bit more, d/bay is the same, go southside its no different, the trick is to pick a area to rent in then spend time looking for yourselves, make up your own ideas of what you want, some folks just want acreage, some want a big house on a small plot, its up to the individual, i think the biggest thing we have learnt is to not listen to opinions to much, and to work it out ourselves, after all moving the over side of the globe you should be able to have the dream you want.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tockalosh

The traffic going up that way from the city on a Friday night isn't good... I am always so glad we didn't settle that far up. I would rent somewhere first and get a good idea before you rush into something you may regret.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macy
The traffic going up that way from the city on a Friday night isn't good... I am always so glad we didn't settle that far up. I would rent somewhere first and get a good idea before you rush into something you may regret.
Thanks for that, we are definitely renting with no intention to buy for a few years as we will be mobile in the short term. This area appealed as a starter for ten as I am on a DIDO so wanted the family to feel secure whilst I am away. Accepting typical burglary rates is not a problem; accepting above average rates is not ideal
Old Jul 17th 2012, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

lizasi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there.....best thing to do is get here and have a drive! We came over 5 years ago, me, hubby and 2 boys (have got a 3rd now) We had to be near the sunshine coast, but also near Brisbane....so we ended up in narangba, we rented for 3 months then bought a house. Got to say we've all been very happy and also with the schools, but what floats my boat might not yours....if you know what I mean.

Best look on realestate.com at houses, if you need any info get in touch and I'll try and help you.......best thing is enjoy it!! Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.