Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Areas around Rockingham in Perth

Areas around Rockingham in Perth

Old Apr 28th 2007, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

puddlefish will become famous soon enoughpuddlefish will become famous soon enough
Default Areas around Rockingham in Perth

Hi everyone,
Myself and my wife are looking into buying a house at the moment, and we're trying to decide on some suburbs. We don't have children yet, and we'd like somewhere on the (new) train line.

Can anyone give us any thoughts or advice they have on the areas surround Rockingham, and Rockingham itself? I've heard from a few people that it has a bit of a bad rep. Is this true? If so, is it accurate?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Ian
Old Apr 28th 2007, 5:27 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Areas around Rockingham in Perth

I'm afraid they are all still in bed
Give them a few hours and you'll have some replies
J x
Old Apr 29th 2007, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all
Default Re: Areas around Rockingham in Perth

Originally Posted by puddlefish
Hi everyone,
Myself and my wife are looking into buying a house at the moment, and we're trying to decide on some suburbs. We don't have children yet, and we'd like somewhere on the (new) train line.

Can anyone give us any thoughts or advice they have on the areas surround Rockingham, and Rockingham itself? I've heard from a few people that it has a bit of a bad rep. Is this true? If so, is it accurate?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Ian
Hi Puddlefish,
Rockingham has it's good and bad area's like any city, try to avoid cooloongup and hillman, but most other areas in Rocko are fine. It has pretty good infrastructure, there is a major shopping centre, Cinema, plenty of services and tradesmen, major employment area just north at Kwinana, and some beautiful parks and beaches. I very rarely go to Perth as everything I need is here.

We have a house for sale in Waikiki, just click the link in my signature for a look-see