Area dilema?

Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Area dilema?

We want fairly rural for our dogs but within about 20 mins to a small town, within about an hour of construction work for hubby (Brickie)............... So reccie all booked for WA and Queensland to look at area's, flying into Perth and then flying back to UK from Brisbane.

Met up with 6 really nice Australians recently socially, one couple have lived in many places during time in Army and have now settled in Victoria and the other two couples live in NSW all have suggested Victoria or Southern Australia and reckon they are screaming out for the trades????

Confused now, as I'm sure what put us off this area, was people on this site moving from it, because of no work? It did appeal to me because of the cheaper housing, but if there is no work, it's not viable.

None of couples liked Perth/WA (to live) purely because of the isolation - I know and appreciate that no area would suit everyone, but mainly my post is to find out how much work for 'trades' is in Victoria?
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:03 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Area dilema?

I think you'll find that, if your OH is a brickie, you'll probably have a large choice of areas where you could potentially live in a rural area with access for lots of work!!

there are heaps of areas in Australia that are having massive building works -

Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, NOrthern NSW Coast, Central Coast, Sydney, South Coast, just about every town in Victoria, Adelaide.........

the list is endless!!

When reading your post I immediately thought of the Sunshine Coast - building work up there coming out of your ears around Maroochydore! Although there are dozens of places to choose from all over hte country!