Arana Hills

Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Arana Hills

Is this suburb classed as Brisbane? All I know is what I found on Google, that it is 12km NW of Brisbane. Knowing this will help me in my quest... I hope!

Thanks
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:59 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arana Hills

I'm pretty sure that Arana Hills is not actually in the Brisbane City Council area, but comes under Moreton Bay council..
Old Dec 1st 2011, 5:00 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Yes - its Brisbane. (Definately not Moreton Bay - but might be 'Pine Rivers'?)

Not the best suburb in the world, but by no means the worst either. It'd probably be in the catchment of Ferny Grove State High School which is a fairly decent school (if state schools are your thing). Its also not too far from the train line (Grovely or Ferny Grove stations) so travel to the city wouldnt be too bad - and its an easy drive to the city if you're not travelling peak times. Theres a few shops in Arana Hills and its a very short distance from the more extensive 'Brookside' shopping centre in Mitchelton or a little further (10-15 minute drive?) to the gargantuan cathedral of consumerism that is Westfield Chermside.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Yes - its Brisbane. (Definately not Moreton Bay - but might be 'Pine Rivers'?)
Thanks for that. I've been speaking to someone who wants to interview me, from Arana Hills and apparently I can't be sponsored from Brisbane, but can from a regional place.

Back to the drawing board... Thanks again
Old Dec 1st 2011, 5:22 am
Just Joined

Josieanne is just really niceJosieanne is just really niceJosieanne is just really niceJosieanne is just really niceJosieanne is just really niceJosieanne is just really niceJosieanne is just really niceJosieanne is just really nice

Sorry Arana Hills is part of the Moreton Bay Region not part of the Brisbane City Council. I should know, I was born there and lived there for the first 29 years of my life. Mum still lives there. I would love to move back but prices have skyrocketed over the past 5 - 10 years.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Thankyou! I saw that it was Moreton Bay but I didn't know where to look to find it.

Need a cold beer now, sheesh they don't make it easy! It's a good job I'm determined and not easily put off
Old Dec 1st 2011, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Thankyou! I saw that it was Moreton Bay but I didn't know where to look to find it.

Need a cold beer now, sheesh they don't make it easy! It's a good job I'm determined and not easily put off
Arana Hills is both part of the local government area of Moreton Bay but also part of Brisbane.

It really depends on the context. For most purposes Brisbane is the combination of almost 6 local govt area's including Moreton Bay and the Brisbane City Council area.

Just like many other Australian (and world) cities only the inner core of Brisbane falls under the Brisbane City Council but this is not what is known as Brisbane in most cases.

So Arana Hills is not part of the Brisbane City Council area but is part of Brisbane.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Josieanne
Sorry Arana Hills is part of the Moreton Bay Region not part of the Brisbane City Council. I should know, I was born there and lived there for the first 29 years of my life. Mum still lives there. I would love to move back but prices have skyrocketed over the past 5 - 10 years.
Thanks for popping in. Sent you some karma.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 11:23 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Thanks for that. I've been speaking to someone who wants to interview me, from Arana Hills and apparently I can't be sponsored from Brisbane, but can from a regional place.

Back to the drawing board... Thanks again
Not sure of the visa restrictions.... but I can tell you that Arana hills isn't in regional qld !
Old Dec 1st 2011, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bugger. Thanks

I've got another interview today for a position in NZ, so I will see what happens from this. I only need a years experience to go for my 175 so I think I might fall back to the first plan and just spend the next year sorting out all of my qualifications assessment etc. Plus I'll earn some $$$ for the coffers pot too