Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AQIS Stole my gravy

AQIS Stole my gravy

Old Sep 12th 2005, 4:06 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default AQIS Stole my gravy

So now I know....

You can import Bisto Gravy for Beef to Australia but importing Bisto Gravy for Chicken is in contravention of the Quarantine Act of 1908.

Chicken gravy falls into the realms of containing 'other egg products'. I can now ignore the letter and they will be destroyed or have them posted back whence they came for a mere 42.50$.

And there was me planning to feed this chicken gravy to all the local wildfowl and bring on a localised bout of mad-cow disease in the aussie chicken population.

Be warned people. Personally I think the Aqis guys are ex-pats and wanted my chicken bisto.
Old Sep 12th 2005, 4:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AQIS Stole my gravy

Originally Posted by spalen
So now I know....

You can import Bisto Gravy for Beef to Australia but importing Bisto Gravy for Chicken is in contravention of the Quarantine Act of 1908.
Thank you I will put this in my travel tips file
Old Sep 12th 2005, 4:31 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

So now I know....

Chicken gravy falls into the realms of containing 'other egg products'. I can now ignore the letter and they will be destroyed or have them posted back whence they came for a mere 42.50$.

And there was me planning to feed this chicken gravy to all the local wildfowl and bring on a localised bout of mad-cow disease in the aussie chicken population.

Be warned people. Personally I think the Aqis guys are ex-pats and wanted my chicken bisto.

My nice chappy at Syndey Airport two weeks ago did not confiscate mine??? Admittedly half of it was all over my clothes cause the box burst. He very kindly gave me a plastic bag to hold the burst tube and the remaining contents and told me it smelled very nice and he hoped I enjoyed my dinner

The other tubes were the beef type gravy but they had not burst. I will admit to coming back very very homesick and the chicken gravy does help. I also had daft things like Chicken pot noodles for hubby and chicken supernoodles for son, I went though the red channel and declared all my food and opened my case to show them.

I will tell the next rellies over though as I might just have been lucky.

Sorry you lost your gravy
Old Sep 13th 2005, 7:06 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

So now I know....

Do a search on "newcastle disease" you will then know why they don,t like poultry products.............. mm
Old Sep 13th 2005, 7:09 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Do chicken gravy granules even contain chicken? I thought it was all fake flavourings....
Old Sep 13th 2005, 7:21 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: AQIS Stole my gravy

Originally Posted by bridiej
Do chicken gravy granules even contain chicken? I thought it was all fake flavourings....
AAAAHHHHHHHHHH.................................... ........Bisto!

It is all flavourings that are there to make the battery farmed, knackered, scrawny, one-legged, acid burnt, on deaths door chickens taste nice!

R.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:38 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carruss
AAAAHHHHHHHHHH.................................... ........Bisto!

It is all flavourings that are there to make the battery farmed, knackered, scrawny, one-legged, acid burnt, on deaths door chickens taste nice!

R.
It works though. haha
Old Sep 14th 2005, 11:55 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Me too????

Many moons ago just about the time of Mad Cows in UK, my Mum sent over Oxo cubes of all flavours without a hitch
Old Sep 14th 2005, 12:37 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Could always buy a tub of Ovaltine, throw that revolting stuff away and fill tub with Bisto
Old Sep 14th 2005, 12:53 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Could always buy a tub of Ovaltine, throw that revolting stuff away and fill tub with Bisto
Just put it into bags marked "Heroin" and it will fly through customs - only joking

I appreciate why they are so tough with food stuffs but at times I wish they would put more resourses into catching drug related packages.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 1:21 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flying Banana

OR put the bisto in a plastic bag in the Ovaltine tub, put a bit of Ovaltine back in to cover the bag up....

... or is that getting a bit desperate?!
Old Sep 14th 2005, 2:28 pm

OR put the bisto in a plastic bag in the Ovaltine tub, put a bit of Ovaltine back in to cover the bag up....

... or is that getting a bit desperate?!
You definitely want to chuck the ovaltine away, nasty nasty stuff, imagine if you got mixed up and threw the bisto away, would absoluuuutely wuin the Sunday Woast Dahhhhlinks!!!

Alternatively cram an esky full of every missed food stuff and get a big sticky 'Human Organs in transit' label from the local hospital, then rush through immigration/customs saying it's a matter of life or death.....
Old Sep 17th 2005, 3:17 pm
ah-beng

Originally Posted by Sandra
My nice chappy at Syndey Airport two weeks ago did not confiscate mine??? Admittedly half of it was all over my clothes cause the box burst. He very kindly gave me a plastic bag to hold the burst tube and the remaining contents and told me it smelled very nice and he hoped I enjoyed my dinner

The other tubes were the beef type gravy but they had not burst. I will admit to coming back very very homesick and the chicken gravy does help. I also had daft things like Chicken pot noodles for hubby and chicken supernoodles for son, I went though the red channel and declared all my food and opened my case to show them.

I will tell the next rellies over though as I might just have been lucky.

Sorry you lost your gravy
Funnily enough the MIL sent a package with chicken and beef bisto together, it was checked and passed. yet the other one with just chicken bisto was confiscated, the reason they gave was that it contains eggs!!

Mrs S
Old Sep 17th 2005, 3:33 pm

Funnily enough the MIL sent a package with chicken and beef bisto together, it was checked and passed. yet the other one with just chicken bisto was confiscated, the reason they gave was that it contains eggs!!

Mrs S
So AQIS solve the greatest mystery of our time.....which came first, the chicken or the egg.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 10:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Do a search on "newcastle disease" you will then know why they don,t like poultry products.............. mm
I don't think you will find anything vaguely natural, let alone vaguely poultry like in Bisto. There are lots of strange diseases in Newcastle (UK), I don't think they are caused by bisto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.