Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AQIS Fees - Your experiences?

Wikiposts

AQIS Fees - Your experiences?

Old Nov 26th 2005, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AQIS Fees - Your experiences?

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
We have been having a toss up today between Excess and John Mason. I think we will probably go for Excess as they have quoted us only £50 more than John Mason but they have based it on 620 cubic feet (in writing) and John Mason have based theirs on 600 cubic feet (not stated on quote but told verbally) so if we do not use that much volume then Excess are more likely than John Mason to charge us less money as theirs is in writing. If you managed to follow all that
Hiya - do you have the web address for Excess as I haven't tried them ?

Heather
Old Nov 27th 2005, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Here we go;

http://www.overseasremovals.com/

SS
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Ta - have mailed them !!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:47 am
Just Joined

OOOIwannagosoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Crown are the only ones who have included the AQIS inspection fee in their quote, £300. That is not including any fumigation or destroying. I wonder if people generally have to pay around $800 dollars that end if they chose one of the other companies that don't include it in the quote.

I am really interested to hear results on this as I am about to chose a shipper from the quotes we've had. In fact I may even try to do a poll. I've never done one of those before!!

Believe me you'll pay AQIS one way or another whoever you use. We went with Excess three years ago (and we're going with them this time as well); they said that all the movers dislike the AQIS system.

All they do is pass the govt fees on to the migrant...

Immigration tax???
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:48 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ohippy
Hiya - do you have the web address for Excess as I haven't tried them ?

Heather
Sorry that I didn't see this before, and it has been answered now. I have done quite a lot of trawling through old posts and Excess seem to come out quite well. They seem quite happy to match the lowest quote that you have had from others as well. I was honest with them and told them that it would be the final price that would make the difference with us and they have come good with that. Nice man came to see me, gave a follow on phone call a week later. I told him that it was between them and someone else and he asked if there was anything they could to persuade me to go with them so there should be some bartering possible there
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Sorry that I didn't see this before, and it has been answered now. I have done quite a lot of trawling through old posts and Excess seem to come out quite well. They seem quite happy to match the lowest quote that you have had from others as well. I was honest with them and told them that it would be the final price that would make the difference with us and they have come good with that. Nice man came to see me, gave a follow on phone call a week later. I told him that it was between them and someone else and he asked if there was anything they could to persuade me to go with them so there should be some bartering possible there

I think we are dfiitely going to go with Excess as well. Their Insurance Excess is also £50, which is £50 cheaper than Crown.

SS