Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

April rush for Partner Visas???

April rush for Partner Visas???

Old May 18th 2004, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default April rush for Partner Visas???

Am I right in assuming that this whole April Rush thing is only for skilled visa applicants or does it apply to all categories.

With the end of the financial year fast approaching does this generally mean that visa processing slows down, speeds up or stays the same? Does anyone know the current processing time for front loaded Fiance Visas?

Does a DIMIA representative read these threads and make the desperate ones (i.e. me) wait longer or does it just seem that way?
Old May 19th 2004, 12:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: April rush for Partner Visas???

It only applied to skilled visas, mainly because of:

- the annual peak in onshore student skilled visa applicants
- the end of some transitional arrangements for onshore students on 1 April
- the pre-announced pass mark increase on 14 April.

I'm sure there is some variability in partner visa applications across the year but nothing to worry about usually - partner visas are not subject to capping.

Jeremy

Originally posted by Tonyonthemove
Am I right in assuming that this whole April Rush thing is only for skilled visa applicants or does it apply to all categories.

With the end of the financial year fast approaching does this generally mean that visa processing slows down, speeds up or stays the same? Does anyone know the current processing time for front loaded Fiance Visas?

Does a DIMIA representative read these threads and make the desperate ones (i.e. me) wait longer or does it just seem that way?
Old May 19th 2004, 12:17 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Don't partner/family apps take precedence over skilled independent type visa apps? Don't they work on those first as a priority?
Old May 19th 2004, 12:25 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough
Default Re: April rush for Partner Visas???

Originally posted by Tonyonthemove

Hi, when did you send everything in?

I had a hiccup with police checks, but correct one has been in for about a month, but everything else (meds stats the lot) has been in for a while longer. I e-mailed and got a sorta standard response saying they take 1 to 4 months. not sure if that was from first contact or from when everyhting was in.

Like you, I'm sat waiting nervously now with potential house buyer and all my plans just on hold.

Ah well - we'll get there eh!
Old May 19th 2004, 9:47 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ulujain
Don't partner/family apps take precedence over skilled independent type visa apps? Don't they work on those first as a priority?
Partner visas get processed in the local visa processing office eg Washington, London Sydney Perth etc whilst skilled applications get processed at a dedicated centre (ASPC) in Adelaide hence partner visa processing times depend on where you applied.

There are yearly quotas for skilled applications and the year ends around June. About now ASPC realises they won't meet the target so go mad with the processing.