Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

April Appications

April Appications

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default April Appications

Hi there everyone .It seems ages since I had chance to have a proper look at this site lately.Lots of new people on here.Just been on holiday for a week and could not wait to get back to this site.Sad or What.Anyway I shall get to the point.
Has anyone had an acknowledgment or refernce number from DIMIA yet or from there agent?.We sent our main application in by the deadline date of the 14th April and have not heard anything as yet and DIMIA have taken the application fee. Our agent reckons it is because of the large influx of applications in April that things will be delayed some what.If thats the case it could drag on for ages.
Anyone else in the same situation we applied under Skilled Independent 136.Just wish we could just know that they have glanced at our app.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry that's meant to read Applications.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 6:44 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

We applied 2nd April. We have file number but only because we e-mailed them to ask, as we were sending medicals.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:57 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
we too had our application136 Skilled inde,in for the 13th April deadline,have eagerly phoned our agent the last few weeks to see if we had been acknowledged,alas not!
It was only yesterday we found out that although we were lodged in time,the rest of our paperwork had not been sent until 10th may!! dont understand why as case officer had everything he needed before lodgement of the application!Weve been told to phone case officer in next three weeks if not heard anything before then,have been reasured that there is some back log,but only by a couple of weeks.
Have faith, your case officer knows what hes doing,ours is just a bit slow keeping us up to date! much to our frustration!!
Iam gratefull we are finally lodged,at least its there!It would have been so a different story if our case officer hadnt busted his gut getting us in before the deadline!
Hope this helps?
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:51 am
Just Joined

bananaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: April Appications

Originally posted by Dreamaway 10
Hi there everyone .It seems ages since I had chance to have a proper look at this site lately.Lots of new people on here.Just been on holiday for a week and could not wait to get back to this site.Sad or What.Anyway I shall get to the point.
Has anyone had an acknowledgment or refernce number from DIMIA yet or from there agent?.We sent our main application in by the deadline date of the 14th April and have not heard anything as yet and DIMIA have taken the application fee. Our agent reckons it is because of the large influx of applications in April that things will be delayed some what.If thats the case it could drag on for ages.
Anyone else in the same situation we applied under Skilled Independent 136.Just wish we could just know that they have glanced at our app.
Hi Dreamaway,
Applied same class and it was received 13/04/04 in Adelaide, got acknowledgement 01/06/04. Hope this helps.
Thread

Bananaman
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:56 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

There does not seem to be any form of logical order to the way they process the applications. I have noticed elsewhere that an appliction received after mine had been acknowledged and medicals asked for. So it may also depend on the speed that the case officer works at.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys thats interesting.I will certaintly feel a lot better when we get an acknowledgment or case number.Knowing our luck ours is at the bottom of the pile somewhere.
Oh well must keep patient.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Tallpaul is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent our skilled application away on the 11th of april and they withdrew the money on the 23rd of april,but we havent had a dicky bird either.Wondering what was happening we emailed the dimia this week ,we got an email back from them today saying that it might take 6-8 weeks and if we havent heard by then to check with our postal carrier.As far as im concerned no use what so ever,how can i check with the postal carrier if i dont even know if its been sent.So i guess were just all going to have to wait.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 1:54 pm
mickj

The waiting game begins Some know that too well, waiting for something to happen

Originally posted by Tallpaul
We sent our skilled application away on the 11th of april and they withdrew the money on the 23rd of april,but we havent had a dicky bird either.Wondering what was happening we emailed the dimia this week ,we got an email back from them today saying that it might take 6-8 weeks and if we havent heard by then to check with our postal carrier.As far as im concerned no use what so ever,how can i check with the postal carrier if i dont even know if its been sent.So i guess were just all going to have to wait.

Old Jun 4th 2004, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

john&jules is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ackonwledgment Received

Got our acknowledgment today for SKilled Independent which was lodged on 13th April 2004, must its a releif to know it got there before the points rise. Here goes more waiting!

jules
Old Jun 5th 2004, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Ackonwledgment Received

Originally posted by john&jules
Got our acknowledgment today for SKilled Independent which was lodged on 13th April 2004, must its a releif to know it got there before the points rise. Here goes more waiting!

jules
Did they send you an e-mail or did your agent tell you?
Old Jun 5th 2004, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Tallpaul
Thats a pain not really very reasurring fo you then!
Just out of interest what carrier did you use and are you going through an agent?
So what they are saying then is wait until around August and even then you do not know if it even got there.Really frustrating .
Old Jun 5th 2004, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

john&jules is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Acknowledgement

We didnt use an agent and received a letter in the post. We gave them our email but they never emailed us, youd have thought it would save them time and money if they just emailed you.

jules
Old Jun 5th 2004, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes quite surprised at that really.Thought they would have e-mailed you.Hopefully then we should not be too far behind you .Our agent told us that our application was also signed for on the 13th April.We shall just have to wait now nothing else we can do.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Tallpaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Dreamaway 10
Thats a pain not really very reasurring fo you then!
Just out of interest what carrier did you use and are you going through an agent?
So what they are saying then is wait until around August and even then you do not know if it even got there.Really frustrating .
We used an agent Ian Harrops, i thought when dimia emailed me back they would have at least said they have recieved my application but nothing just a very vague standard reply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.