Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Approved - 457 visa

Approved - 457 visa

Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future
Default Approved - 457 visa

Hi

Just been in to check my progress on the evisa and it says all applicants approved.

What do I do now. Do I need written confirmation? Do I get a visa number? Where do I go from here?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Debs
Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Approved - 457 visa

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser
Hi

Just been in to check my progress on the evisa and it says all applicants approved.

What do I do now. Do I need written confirmation? Do I get a visa number? Where do I go from here?

Debs
We just got an e-mail for backup as it is on the system when you arrive. We needed our e-mail info though as the company had put the wrong passport numbers in for myself and my daughter (all sorted out at check in thank God but well worth having the info with you).
Enjoy .
Nicky
Old Jul 4th 2006, 12:07 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

woodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nice
Smile Re: Approved - 457 visa

Hi

Debs
hi debs dispite the loggin name it andyspud here, congratulations, i bet your relieved. hubby Ving flew off this am, so me and the kids are a little sad and a little green with envy. We have now moved back home with my mum and dad (hence the different login) and we just have to wait for hubby to start work monday in sydney and find a house.

I'm sure when our 457 came through we recieved am email soon after. I think that gives you a letter to take with you with your passport. then when you arrive you have to go to local office within four weeks to get it put in your passport. hope that helps and all goes well

andyspud
Old Jul 4th 2006, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NickyP
We just got an e-mail for backup as it is on the system when you arrive. We needed our e-mail info though as the company had put the wrong passport numbers in for myself and my daughter (all sorted out at check in thank God but well worth having the info with you).
Enjoy .
Nicky
Hi Nicky

Sorry to sound dense but can I clarify a few things.

I have an email in front of me that says

Automatic notification of subclass 457 application approval

Is this the email you took with you?

Can I just go ahead and book the flights with this email and get through customs OK? Is there anything else that is needed?

I am just a bit concerned as they want me to fork out £2k and I don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks

Debs
Old Jul 4th 2006, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

TheRheads is a name known to allTheRheads is a name known to allTheRheads is a name known to allTheRheads is a name known to allTheRheads is a name known to allTheRheads is a name known to allTheRheads is a name known to allTheRheads is a name known to allTheRheads is a name known to allTheRheads is a name known to allTheRheads is a name known to all

Congratulations!

How long did the 457 take from when you had your x-rays?

We had ours last Thursday and sent them to Sydney, hoping to get the visa end of this week/next week but not sure whether we are being too optomistic!

Good Luck!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=TheRheads]Congratulations!

We frontloaded the meds. We had our medicals on 8th June, received at LCU 22nd June. One was referred until 26th June and visa approved today.

I think I must have just been lucky tho as there are others that have been waiting a lot longer than me.

Debs
Old Jul 4th 2006, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Tony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=woody1cruiser]
Originally Posted by TheRheads
Congratulations!

We frontloaded the meds. We had our medicals on 8th June, received at LCU 22nd June. One was referred until 26th June and visa approved today.

I think I must have just been lucky tho as there are others that have been waiting a lot longer than me.

Debs
Yep, and I'm one of them, Hi Debs, congrats, well done, it must be a case of who the CO is.

Applied 1st May
Meds finalised 6th Jun

Tony
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Congratulations Debs!!!

When are you planning on going?

Leigh
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:28 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Many congratulations!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Cuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud ofCuddly Bear has much to be proud of

CONGRATULATIONS
Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicky

Sorry to sound dense but can I clarify a few things.

I have an email in front of me that says

Automatic notification of subclass 457 application approval

Is this the email you took with you?

Can I just go ahead and book the flights with this email and get through customs OK? Is there anything else that is needed?

I am just a bit concerned as they want me to fork out £2k and I don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks

Debs
Sounds like the one that I took. Normally you won't need anything as the visa is registered on the system and is checked when you check in for the flight (this was where they noticed that our passport numbers didn't match but after a frantic few minutes phoning Sydney it was all sorted by the Air NZ staff). It does feel wierd heading off with nothing in your passport though, we had to send ours off once we arrived as we are based a good 3 hours out of Melbourne. You need to have the visa sticker in your passport for setting up things (banks etc needed to see ours) when you get here so it is worth getting that done ASAP

Enjoy
Nicky