Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Applying for a visa without a computer or agent?

Applying for a visa without a computer or agent?

Old Oct 25th 2006, 9:46 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Applying for a visa without a computer or agent?

bit of a daft question seeing as you are all on the puter but a mate of ours has said he wants to apply for a visa, only hes not got a computer and he doesnt want to use an agent.

Is there anyway you could apply without the above? I have found an enquiry phone number on DIMIA but cant see them sending him the forms etc can you?

any advice would be much appreciated

Old Oct 25th 2006, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of
Default Re: Applying for a visa without a computer or agent?

I think it would be very hard to apply without a computer. Although we are using an agent, we still do a lot on the computer and looking at the information on here is invaluable.

If he doesn't have a computer of his own then you can go to your local library and use theirs but I'm not sure how easy that is as I've never done it. I'm not sure if you have to pay or if you can print out the forms there. Otherwise if he has a good mate with a computer, he could see if they would let him borrow it.

Would he consider getting a computer? He could get a laptop and then take it with him when he goes.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 9:59 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
bit of a daft question seeing as you are all on the puter but a mate of ours has said he wants to apply for a visa, only hes not got a computer and he doesnt want to use an agent.

Is there anyway you could apply without the above? I have found an enquiry phone number on DIMIA but cant see them sending him the forms etc can you?

could you not down load all the forms etc for them ??
if so al the rest can be done via the postal system

regards steve
Old Oct 25th 2006, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say that without the help of an agent he really would be best investing in a PC. Things can change, new forms come out all the time etc. He would really need to keep his eye on the DIMA site just in case.

He would only need a really cheap one and dial-up.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by steve`o
could you not down load all the forms etc for them ??
if so al the rest can be done via the postal system

regards steve
thanks for your replies.

yes thought about doing this steve, though at present my printer is knacked and I dont really want to replace it before we go to Oz.

I could email the forms to another member of my family and get them to print em off, but like Wendy says who knows if they will change? and we will be gone in a couple of months. its not just the forms is it its all the questions that he'll have, the meds TRA everything

personally I think he should use an agent.

what do you reckon this enquiry line at DIMIA has to offer?
Old Oct 25th 2006, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your replies.

yes thought about doing this steve, though at present my printer is knacked and I dont really want to replace it before we go to Oz.

I could email the forms to another member of my family and get them to print em off, but like Wendy says who knows if they will change? and we will be gone in a couple of months. its not just the forms is it its all the questions that he'll have, the meds TRA everything

personally I think he should use an agent.

what do you reckon this enquiry line at DIMIA has to offer?

He could give them a call and see what they say. I rang them last week and waited about 20 minutes for them to answer though!!
Old Oct 25th 2006, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
He could give them a call and see what they say. I rang them last week and waited about 20 minutes for them to answer though!!
bloody hell, well I will just give him the number and the websites and tell him in my opinion get an agent.

thanks
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:39 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

bloody hell, well I will just give him the number and the websites and tell him in my opinion get an agent.

thanks

Surely for the price that it would cost for an agent to do the process it would be cheaper for him to go buy a PC/laptop and and pick the brains off ppl from on here, what with the price that ISP's are nowadays he could even go onbog standar dial up if he is only going to be using it for his TRA/VISA.

Good luck to him whatever he decides to do .
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

nickyblonde is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I'm going to suggest that your friend uses his local library as TeresaG recommended.

I've just sent off my skills assesment, completed it online. But then i had to print a form off, sign it and then pop it in the post to them, at which point my printer refused to work. I popped round to my local library, logged into my online application and printed it off there. So far all of the forms i have come across are available to complete online or print off, fill in by hand and post.

I'm in Derby, so i'm guessing that the same policy should apply across Derbyshire with regards to the use of computers. All you need is a library card, the first 30mins on the internet are free. All priniting / photocopying is 10p a page.

Hope this helps.
Nikki
Old Oct 25th 2006, 12:17 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

You can order a hard copy of DIMA booklet number 6, and that should include form 47SK and information about the skills assessment process:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books6.htm

However, these days it is a challenge to glean all the information you need without access to the net.

If your friend is a technophobe it might be in his interest to at least speak with an agent to see how they might help ... for example we use the postal service and our office in Southampton to send hard copy docs to clients in the UK who don't have email.

Best regards.

Old Oct 25th 2006, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by nickyblonde
Hi

I'm going to suggest that your friend uses his local library as TeresaG recommended.

I've just sent off my skills assesment, completed it online. But then i had to print a form off, sign it and then pop it in the post to them, at which point my printer refused to work. I popped round to my local library, logged into my online application and printed it off there. So far all of the forms i have come across are available to complete online or print off, fill in by hand and post.

I'm in Derby, so i'm guessing that the same policy should apply across Derbyshire with regards to the use of computers. All you need is a library card, the first 30mins on the internet are free. All priniting / photocopying is 10p a page.

Hope this helps.
Nikki
brilliant Nikki thank you I will tell him that
Old Oct 25th 2006, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
You can order a hard copy of DIMA booklet number 6, and that should include form 47SK and information about the skills assessment process:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books6.htm

However, these days it is a challenge to glean all the information you need without access to the net.

If your friend is a technophobe it might be in his interest to at least speak with an agent to see how they might help ... for example we use the postal service and our office in Southampton to send hard copy docs to clients in the UK who don't have email.

Best regards.
ahh thanks Alan, re the hard copy would you ring the enquiry line number?

I will pass your details to him also

thanks
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:32 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I'd contact the Australian High Commission in London - though it can take an age to get through on the telephone.

Best regards.

ahh thanks Alan, re the hard copy would you ring the enquiry line number?

I will pass your details to him also

thanks
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
Surely for the price that it would cost for an agent to do the process it would be cheaper for him to go buy a PC/laptop and and pick the brains off ppl from on here, what with the price that ISP's are nowadays he could even go onbog standar dial up if he is only going to be using it for his TRA/VISA.

Good luck to him whatever he decides to do .
I've just had an email from Virgin - £4.99 a month broadband! :scared:

That's one thing seriously lacking in Oz - cheap decent broadband!

Back to the topic : Personally I'd get a PC. There's so much 'useful' information out there (amongst the total junk!).
Old Oct 26th 2006, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hello yes you can do it with out a pc.
phone the local australian mision in london and speak to them . i think it is $20 for the booklet and not to sure about all the forms but they will tell you that.
hope that helps
Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.