Reload this Page >

Applying for a mortgage

Applying for a mortgage

Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:36 am
Just Joined

ribndive is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Applying for a mortgage

Hi,

I am looking to move to Australia with my fiancee in the next couple of years but I would like to purchase a property on the Sunshine Coast now and rent before I relocate for good.

I am a UK citizen and my fiancee is Australian.

I am looking for advise from a someone who has been through the same or knows the details of what I need to do.

Would the banks agree a mortgage for a non-resident?

Would there be tax issues around this, do I need to obtain a tax file number before I can purchase a property or even open a bank account?

Heading out in April to look for a property so would like to have a mortgage agreed before hand.

Thanks.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for a mortgage

Originally Posted by ribndive
Hi,

I am looking to move to Australia with my fiancee in the next couple of years but I would like to purchase a property on the Sunshine Coast now and rent before I relocate for good.

I am a UK citizen and my fiancee is Australian.

I am looking for advise from a someone who has been through the same or knows the details of what I need to do.

Would the banks agree a mortgage for a non-resident?

Would there be tax issues around this, do I need to obtain a tax file number before I can purchase a property or even open a bank account?

Heading out in April to look for a property so would like to have a mortgage agreed before hand.

Thanks.
This site would be a good starting point.

And here maybe.

Last edited by ianandhelena; Sep 18th 2006 at 12:34 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

ribndive is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Applying for a mortgage

Thanks for the response, very useful links