Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Apply for jobs from offshore!!

Apply for jobs from offshore!!

Old Dec 16th 2010, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

ahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default Apply for jobs from offshore!!

Hi,

I hold a PR of Australia and I am keen to move. However, I would want to apply for the jobs before I start packing my bags. Can some one please help me how to apply for the job before landing in Australia? I am into IT(data warehouse).

Many Thanks,
Waseem
Old Dec 16th 2010, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of
Default Re: Apply for jobs from offshore!!

Originally Posted by ahmedwaseem2000
Hi,

I hold a PR of Australia and I am keen to move. However, I would want to apply for the jobs before I start packing my bags. Can some one please help me how to apply for the job before landing in Australia? I am into IT(data warehouse).

Many Thanks,
Waseem
www.seek.com
Old Dec 16th 2010, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icecube

It does make me laugh how so often it is the IT people that ask for help on something that is so easily Google'd!
Old Dec 16th 2010, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

ahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger

It does make me laugh how so often it is the IT people that ask for help on something that is so easily Google'd!
Google is every one's friend is one of the most common thing we all learn invariably in IT. However, my concern was more related to the responses from the employers. I have already registered and tried applying but I didnt get any response from them. So, makes me think that I am doing something incorrect which is very obvious. So, my follow up question would be should I have to call the empoyers after applying for the job.

Thank you both for your time and responses!
Old Dec 17th 2010, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

You won't get much response without a local address, employers will assume you don't have the required visas etc and are just fishing for sponsorship.

Ensure that you make it clear you have a PR and also if possible use a friends local address and state that you are currently on holiday and will be available for phone interviews until you return (in your case actually arrive but they won't know this).
Old Dec 17th 2010, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Your chances of getting a job in IT BEFORE you arrive even with a PR are not high. The best way to do it is to contact the agencies about a week or two BEFORE you arrive making it clear you have a PR - that will get you more success.

A CV from overseas even with a PR tends to go straight in the bin since you can't interview them tomorrow can you ?
Old Dec 17th 2010, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Your chances of getting a job in IT BEFORE you arrive even with a PR are not high. The best way to do it is to contact the agencies about a week or two BEFORE you arrive making it clear you have a PR - that will get you more success.

A CV from overseas even with a PR tends to go straight in the bin since you can't interview them tomorrow can you ?
This is the answer I've been getting over the last 12 months (I've been putting the feelers out for a long time).

I'm off to Perth first quarter next year, and also in IT (programmer). I've already spoken to agencies and companies, all have said : "let us know your arrival date, and we'll line up the interviews".

I've one advantage though. I'm Australian.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bibbs
This is the answer I've been getting over the last 12 months (I've been putting the feelers out for a long time).

I'm off to Perth first quarter next year, and also in IT (programmer). I've already spoken to agencies and companies, all have said : "let us know your arrival date, and we'll line up the interviews".

I've one advantage though. I'm Australian.
Hey Bibbs do you mind sharing the agents details?
Old Dec 17th 2010, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bibbs

I have been getting exactly the same feedback. On my CV, I have an Australian mobile number and an Australian address (no they are not fake! Mobile works and address is where I'll be staying) and when I tell them I'm currently in Europe and will be back in a month they all said to go to their office once I land.

However, don't give up mate, I have sent dozens of applications and got 2 Skype interviews. But at the end they told me to come to their office since it was too early.

I land in 3 weeks so I am hoping that something might come up but I am not expecting anything to be honest cause they would want you to be there and most of them to start asap.

BTW..I only used seek.com to find/apply for jobs.

Good luck!

Cheers
B!K3R
Old Dec 19th 2010, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your responses!!!!

I could find some IT recruiters such as Candle, Hays, Peoplebank, Paxus People herehttp://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6111519AAba4zM
Old Dec 20th 2010, 1:18 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

You won't get work unless your in Australia.