Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Application in and waiting!!!

Application in and waiting!!!

Old Nov 15th 2003, 8:44 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Application in and waiting!!!

Our skilled applications been in for 12 weeks now, what happens next?
Have read lots on medicals and police checks but have no idea on time scale, also the $100,000 deposit thingy for the 5 extra points.
Does anyone have an idea on how long it all takes? Don't feel like being homeless after the moneys deposited for weeks and weeks.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 9:56 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application in and waiting!!!

Originally posted by jensteve
Have read lots on medicals and police checks but have no idea on time scale, also the $100,000 deposit thingy for the 5 extra points.
Does anyone have an idea on how long it all takes? Don't feel like being homeless after the moneys deposited for weeks and weeks.
Time scale seems to vary an awful lot. Our medicals were requested about 5 weeks after application. It took 10 weeks after posting the bond before we got the visa, so you may have to be resigned for being homeless for a while!

Jane
Old Nov 15th 2003, 10:06 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

My app went in on friday-agent confirmed(skilled Ind).

Am looking at 6 months -taking the general timeline -on police checks and medicals.Unless you are nurse it seems you have to be resigned to at least 6 months.This seems to be the general rule of thumb.
Cant help you on bond question
Old Nov 15th 2003, 10:25 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

any idea why it took so long after you paid the bond money? Agent originally said it was basically by return post and we would not be left homeless, but I suppose they always say encouraging things. They already messed up one set of papers and we had to redo them before they where submitted.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 10:43 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

any idea why it took so long after you paid the bond money? Agent originally said it was basically by return post and we would not be left homeless, but I suppose they always say encouraging things. They already messed up one set of papers and we had to redo them before they where submitted.
About a week after we paid the bond money, we got the pre-grant letter. Apparantly, it usually takes 2-4 weeks after that before you get the visa. I have no idea why it took so long in our case. . We were climbing the walls though! Jim eventually phoned Adelaide to be told that a letter had been posted out that day, but she wouldn't say what was in the letter. We had to wait a few more days for it to arrive.

Jane
Old Nov 15th 2003, 10:54 pm
Moved out bush!

Originally posted by JaneandJim
About a week after we paid the bond money, we got the pre-grant letter. Apparantly, it usually takes 2-4 weeks after that before you get the visa. I have no idea why it took so long in our case. . We were climbing the walls though! Jim eventually phoned Adelaide to be told that a letter had been posted out that day, but she wouldn't say what was in the letter. We had to wait a few more days for it to arrive.

Jane
ok assume we pay the money wait a week, get the letter and then go over, does anyone know if you can pick up your visas over in oz? and then get them stamped as already being there.
We are not in a good position with dog etc to end up in the mum in laws. I am really glad to have some feedback. My husband thinks I am being neurotic.
Old Nov 16th 2003, 8:47 am
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

ok assume we pay the money wait a week, get the letter and then go over, does anyone know if you can pick up your visas over in oz? and then get them stamped as already being there.
We are not in a good position with dog etc to end up in the mum in laws. I am really glad to have some feedback. My husband thinks I am being neurotic.
You can't get your visa in oz but you can go over and then when you get the grant leave oz and go to Auckland or singapore for a few days and pick up visa's. But you must let aspc know your intentions, your agent will be able to give you all the finer details.
Good luck with your application
Old Nov 16th 2003, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

We were told 50 weeks.

We first did an ACS application (computer society to get my husbands job code and job points sorted) this was supposed to take 10 but took only 7.

Out skilled application was sent off last week and we were told it took about 50 weeks, and that we would be called for medicals about 2 months before that 50 weeks was up.

Vicky
Old Nov 16th 2003, 12:54 pm
Born to be ignored

The pre-grant letter states that you're LIKELY to be accepted for a visa, but then warns you not to dispose of property or arrange travel. That said, I don't know if anybody has been turned down at that stage.

Jane
Old Nov 16th 2003, 6:23 pm
Moved out bush!

Originally posted by JaneandJim
The pre-grant letter states that you're LIKELY to be accepted for a visa, but then warns you not to dispose of property or arrange travel. That said, I don't know if anybody has been turned down at that stage.

Jane
I hope the likely part is usually a formality, the only way we can find the $100,000 is to sell up. I can quite honestly say this is as stressful as it gets. I have visions of having no home, no job because I've had to sell the business months in advance, dog in kennels living on my mother in laws floor, with must I say my dream house for this area sold to someone else, and where does the furniture go? Why do we do it?
Oz better be good....

Jenny & Steve
Old Nov 16th 2003, 6:24 pm
Go Banana's !!

Hi, we lodged our application (General Skilled Australian Sponsored and hoping to go to Perth) at end of July 03 and haven't heard anything yet other than via the confirmation letter where it stated that it could take upto 50 weeks.

You feel that you are living in limbo-land forever, the only solace is seeing that you are not alone on this web site.

Good luck to you all !!

Warren & Jill

Old Nov 16th 2003, 6:30 pm
Moved out bush!

Originally posted by Warren Dix
Hi, we lodged our application (General Skilled Australian Sponsored and hoping to go to Perth) at end of July 03 and haven't heard anything yet other than via the confirmation letter where it stated that it could take upto 50 weeks.

You feel that you are living in limbo-land forever, the only solace is seeing that you are not alone on this web site.

Good luck to you all !!

Warren & Jill
When did you put your application in? Ours went in the start of August.
Agree totaly on the life in limbo thing, you can't forward plan anything, I'd like to start a new job when I have to give my business up(lease runs out) but I can't tell new employer that I might only be around for 6 months.
Old Nov 16th 2003, 6:41 pm
Go Banana's !!

When did you put your application in? Ours went in the start of August.
Agree totaly on the life in limbo thing, you can't forward plan anything, I'd like to start a new job when I have to give my business up(lease runs out) but I can't tell new employer that I might only be around for 6 months.

Absolute ditto !!

Skilled Assessment (with AIM - Australian Institute of Management) went in at the end of June, we got the result in 2 weeks and though this looks good ? Posted the main app off and was registered at end of July....50 weeks from then.

I'm not happy where I am at the minute and my boss got wind of our application, alledgedly by bugging my phone !! Gave me an ultimatum about leaving etc !!

I am thinking of going self employed until we hopefully (there's that word that gets used alot again ), get the green light but who knows how long that will be.

Like you I don't want to leave, start something with someone else and then leave unless I do some interim stuff.

Fun isn't it.....Thirty something weeks to go.

I want to be their NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Warren

Old Nov 16th 2003, 6:49 pm
Moved out bush!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Warren Dix
Absolute ditto !!

Its really quite amazing were all on here all in the same boat, and for the majority of time oz imigration arn't doing a thing until several months in. I know they want the none determined people to drop out but putting your entire life on hold is extremely hard to do. My business property lease runs out in march, i can't renew because i have no idea how long i'm here for so its looks like i will be jobless for the majority of next year. I'm already ripping my hair out and still have at least 9 months left.

jenny
Old Nov 16th 2003, 6:56 pm
Go Banana's !!

Question Re: Application in and waiting!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jensteve
Originally posted by Warren Dix
Absolute ditto !!

Its really quite amazing were all on here all in the same boat, and for the majority of time oz imigration arn't doing a thing until several months in. I know they want the none determined people to drop out but putting your entire life on hold is extremely hard to do. My business property lease runs out in march, i can't renew because i have no idea how long i'm here for so its looks like i will be jobless for the majority of next year. I'm already ripping my hair out and still have at least 9 months left.

jenny
Where are you hoping to end up ?

Warren

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.