Reload this Page >

Application status

Application status

Old Aug 15th 2002, 11:34 am
Just Joined

toodyay is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Application status

Hi,

I calculated that between myself and my de-facto wife we had 115 points. So we lodged a Skilled OZ Sponsored application back in March 2001 after her occupation and education were successfully assessed by VETASSESS. We were then asked for medicals etc on March 2002, which were promptly completed and posted two weeks later (no health problems as far we know). Two months later my spouse had her 35th birthday and as I'm 36 we're worried we've lost 5 points because it's taken so long to get this far. We're worried because we've not heard anything since sending in our medicals five months ago (not even confirmation of receipt from OZ House).

If for some reason they now calculate our score to be lower than 110 points, e.g. 105 points which is the pool mark, will they ever get back to us and tell us at some point? Maybe we're supposed to sit tight for the next two years hoping they'll process some of these pool mark applications for one reason or another?

Has anyone been waiting a similar amount of time since medicals etc? From your experience, can anyone give me a clue about the status of our application, or even some advice as to what we should do?

Thanks.
Old Aug 15th 2002, 12:54 pm
Jaj

Default Re: Application status

Three points:
- your points for age are based on the date of application, not a later date.
- the skilled sponsored pass mark is 110
- they would not have asked you for medicals if you had been put in the pool.

Five months seems a long time to go without a response. Are you sure Australia House
has received the medicals? They don't usually send acknowledgements and any
communication should only be sent registered or recorded delivery.

My suggestion is to phone your case officer straight away, and/or write to him (using
registered post) asking if everything is ok.

Jeremy

>On Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:34:54 +0000, toodyay <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >I calculated that between myself and my de-facto wife we had 115 points. So we
    >lodged a Skilled OZ Sponsored application back in March 2001 after her occupation
    >and education were successfully assessed by VETASSESS. We were then asked for
    >medicals etc on March 2002, which were promptly completed and posted two weeks later
    >(no health problems as far we know). Two months later my spouse had her 35th
    >birthday and as I'm 36 we're worried we've lost 5 points because it's taken so long
    >to get this far. We're worried because we've not heard anything since sending in our
    >medicals five months ago (not even confirmation of receipt from OZ House).
    >If for some reason they now calculate our score to be lower than 110 points, e.g.
    >105 points which is the pool mark, will they ever get back to us and tell us at some
    >point? Maybe we're supposed to sit tight for the next two years hoping they'll
    >process some of these pool mark applications for one reason or another?
    >Has anyone been waiting a similar amount of time since medicals etc? From your
    >experience, can anyone give me a clue about the status of our application, or even
    >some advice as to what we should do?
    >Thanks.
    >--
    >toodyay
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 15th 2002, 1:06 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Stop worrying. Age points are calculated based on your age when you apply, not when the case officer looks at your application forms. So if you applied before the main applicant turned 35, you'll get the points for being 30-34.

Cheers,
Peter
Originally posted by toodyay:
Two months later my spouse had her 35th birthday and as I'm 36 we're worried we've lost 5 points because it's taken so long to get this far.

If for some reason they now calculate our score to be lower than 110 points, e.g. 105 points which is the pool mark, will they ever get back to us and tell us at some point?
Old Aug 15th 2002, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Application status

Originally posted by ptlabs:
Stop worrying. Age points are calculated based on your age when you apply, not when the case officer looks at your application forms. So if you applied before the main applicant turned 35, you'll get the points for being 30-34.

Cheers,
Peter

Pete,

Thanks buddy! You sound pretty certain so I reckon I have just dumped a load from my shoulders. Off to call the other half with the good news..

Cheers,
Paul.
Old Aug 15th 2002, 1:26 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Paul,

No worries. Your scores are usually "locked in" upon your lodging your application. Only MODL points are awarded at the time your application is assessed. Age, skill (both main applicant and spouse), recent work experience (basic requirement), specific work experience (bonus points) are all so-called awarded when your application was received by DIMIA. Perhaps one's English language ability can still be bumped up or downwards depending on the need for an IETLS score and so on.

So, worry not!

Rgds
Peter

Thanks buddy! You sound pretty certain so I reckon I have just dumped a load from my shoulders. Off to call the other half with the good news..
Old Aug 15th 2002, 1:39 pm
FOX
Forum Regular

FOX is an unknown quantity at this point

We were also asked for medicals in March and waited until last week to hear anything from Aussie house.

We have a slight problem with our AOS so no good news as yet, but it seems they can take that long to respond to medicals being submitted.

We have phoned Aussie house several times in the last week and they have all been very helpful, so if you are feeling brave go ahead and phone!!!

Sarah
Old Aug 15th 2002, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Default Application status

Originally posted by FOX:
We were also asked for medicals in March and waited until last week to hear anything from Aussie house.

We have a slight problem with our AOS so no good news as yet, but it seems they can take that long to respond to medicals being submitted.

We have phoned Aussie house several times in the last week and they have all been very helpful, so if you are feeling brave go ahead and phone!!!

Sarah

Sarah

Thanks! I may just try that and call them in the morning. Could the letter I've been looking out for finally arrive with the fisrt post, too good to be true?