Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

application almost ready

application almost ready

Old Nov 22nd 2003, 10:05 pm
WBB

Default application almost ready

we have spent most of the evening tonight going throught the forms and gathering the last minute bits of paper we need to send off on monday morning.

we have some stat decs to do at the solicitors on monday and then it will be winging it's way to ahc london.

we have included in our application

form 47sp
form 40sp
form 80
police checks
form 886 (settlement form)
knowledge of understanding
4 photos of me
2 photos of my partner

we also have 4 stat decs, 2 from australian relatives of my partner and two from my family.

then there are the reams of certified copys including:

birth certificate
passport
kids birth certificate and citizenship of australia
joint bank account statement
joint mortgage details
life insurance - with each other as the beneficiary
proof of my partners australian citizenship

i will be sending it all by special delivery with a stamp addressed envelope inside for the return of my passports (hopefully with a visa in there)

is there anything i have forgotten?

anything you would add?

time for a i deserve one...or two

Old Nov 22nd 2003, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: application almost ready

Originally posted by welshboybilly
anything you would add?

...just good luck and all the best!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 10:35 pm
WBB

Originally posted by steandleigh
...just good luck and all the best!!!
cheers, it will be a great xmas if things go as planned.

btw nobody noticed my deliberate mistake in the last post.

my medicals have already been submitted by the doctor on my behalf and hopefully they will meet up with my main application somewhere in the under belly of the processing department.

what a sad way to spend a saturday night, going through form after form and double checking then checking again.

Old Nov 22nd 2003, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

what a sad way to spend a saturday night, going through form after form and double checking then checking again.

Maybe, but think of all the great saturday nights you'll have when you get there!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 11:07 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks solid to me. Over what time period are the documents?

One other suggestion is to scan some photos and print them with a note about date and relevance.

BTW leave out the one ones with flossy
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 11:16 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi welshboybilly,

I'd be tempted to send it by a courier, eg Fed Ex rather that the post.
Remember to keep a copy of everything just in case it goes astray.
I hope it all goes ok.

Bye
Markeh
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 11:20 pm
WBB

Originally posted by bondipom
Looks solid to me. Over what time period are the documents?

One other suggestion is to scan some photos and print them with a note about date and relevance.

BTW leave out the one ones with flossy
we have documents going back 5 years relating to the purchase of our house and have held a joint account for the same period.

i will include a couple of photos of us together and as a family with our children - had not thought of that.

Old Nov 23rd 2003, 6:24 am
settling in, finally

bawi is an unknown quantity at this point

hi wbb

we had to submit histories of relationship, each had to write on about how we met and the whole story. do you need that in england or did i not see it on your list?

otherwise good luck, but you won't need it as your case seems straight forward enough (unlike bf and me, we were a borderline case )

bye for now

barbara
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Good on ya WBB, just don't mention the sheep on the application, it might mean they send you to NZ instead
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 7:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Billy,
I'd agree with Barbara - a story of the relationship would be a good idea; where you met, how it developed, that sort of thing?
With 5 years together it won't matter as much as for a Fiance visa, but is still a good idea to include it (without the parts about when you met Flossie of course!!)
Rest of it looks OK.
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 8:22 am
WBB

thanks for the tip, we will type something up today ready to include, i dont suppose that your statement has to be certified does it?

my solicitor has asked for £5 a signature so i am trying to keep it to a minimum.

Old Nov 23rd 2003, 8:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Billy - first of all your solicitor sounds like a money-grabbing git!!!

Secondly, no we didn't get ours certified, we did one each - the relationship from the two different points of view. I also did one which just listed the dates and stuff, and we got that one certified, but as you have the kids and plenty of time together I reckon you'll be OK if you just do one each and sign it.
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 8:41 am
WBB

Originally posted by Pollyana
Billy - first of all your solicitor sounds like a money-grabbing git!!!
i know it is a bit steep, works out tht i am going to spend around £50 just to have 10 sheets signed!!!!!!!!

we did phone around and £5 seemed to be the ballpark figure with most solicitors.

this emigration business is a bit of a drain on the bank account

Old Nov 23rd 2003, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

mrladyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

i know it is a bit steep, works out tht i am going to spend around £50 just to have 10 sheets signed!!!!!!!!

we did phone around and £5 seemed to be the ballpark figure with most solicitors.

this emigration business is a bit of a drain on the bank account
Find a small firm of solicitors!

We went to the family firm down the road from us in Croydon. They asked us to put £5 in the charity tin... per visit, not per signature. We got 3 or 4 certified copies of about 15 different documents... 60 odd in total... dread to think of that @ £5 per copy :-O