Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Apartment in Perth required

Apartment in Perth required

Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of
Default Apartment in Perth required

Hi,

Me and my wife are looking for a short term rent in Perth, must be close to the City or with good rail / public transport links to the CBD as my wife wont have a car at first.

Looking for a 2/3 month rental and we arrive in Perth on the 18th Feb so must be available from that date.

Please post here or PM me.

Thanks
Ian
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 5:51 am
lpw
Just Joined

lpw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Apartment in Perth required

Try looking at the serviced apartments in the city or Northbridge. It's not usual for agents to do short term lets. Or try this site...
www.perth.gumtree.com.au
Although it's mainly for backpackers, they might have some options.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nice

Contact Glenn @ http://www.aswa.com.au/ they have "holiday" lets all over the place, we stayed at 'Parklands' a 3 bedroom 2nd floor apt in Joondalup overlooking Neil Hawkins Park & the lake and it did us for almost 2 months (time to find a long term rental).

Joondalup is about 30 mins north of Perth by train, there's plenty of shops, the shopping centre is being expanded which you can walk to (took us around 12 mins from apartment to the shopping centre) plus there's banks, libraries etc as well as places to eat out. We did have a car but used to walk to the shops if we were only getting a few things (for a normal shop we used the car).

There's also www.aussiemove.com.au which we used when we stayed here on our hols in July/Aug 2007 (stayed @ "possum Corner' in Merriwa and it seemed OK but we had a car for the time we were here)

Short term furnished rentals tend to be quite expensive and they usually include all bills (electric, gas etc) and are geared towards holiday makers (compared to unfurnished long term lets)
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:15 am
pks
Just Joined

pks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
Hi,

Me and my wife are looking for a short term rent in Perth, must be close to the City or with good rail / public transport links to the CBD as my wife wont have a car at first.

Looking for a 2/3 month rental and we arrive in Perth on the 18th Feb so must be available from that date.

Please post here or PM me.

Thanks
Ian
What size place are you looking for? We got a studio, self-contained,furnished, ground floor apartment on Ord St, Fremantle that we are letting short term. It's within easy walking distance to the train station. Trains run every 10-15 to CBD. At $400 per week
e-mail me if you're interested: [email protected] & I can send you some pictures and more info.
Kara