Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aos - How Long Does That Take To Sort Out?

Aos - How Long Does That Take To Sort Out?

Old Feb 19th 2006, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold
Cool Aos - How Long Does That Take To Sort Out?

Hi guys - does anyone know how long the AOS stuff takes to sort out?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

nicoak will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Aos - How Long Does That Take To Sort Out?

Would like to know too. We have 2 AoS, one in Brisbane, another in Sydney. AoS interview for second person done 2 weeks ago. Is it just that they have to put both sets of info together, which is why it's taking a little longer than other timelines I've seen?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suebrennan
Hi guys - does anyone know how long the AOS stuff takes to sort out?

Hi,

From memory - the assurer had to fill in the preliminary form when requested - then provide all the evidence of the earnings and have the whole thing authorised by a justice of the peace - I think that took about 3/4 weeks in total. Then the money is asked for and then it takes approx 6 - 10 weeks for the visa after the bond has been lodged - well that is what we found anyhow - good luck
Sarah
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

21 Jan: Got AoS request
23 Jan: Sister contacted Centrelinkn on Monday 23 Jan
26 Jan: She received paperwork to fill in and take with her
31 Jan: Centrelink interview (first available appointment), given verbal approval, but to wait for written approval. She was given 14 days from then until receipts from bond lodgement had to be back at centrelink.
2 Feb: She received a letter she is approved and to go and lodge bond at Commonwealth Bank of Aus
8 Feb: She lodged bond but had to use a bank cheque which took a few days to clear
13 Feb: She picked up receipts from Bank and took back to Centrelink
16 Feb: She received letter from Centrelink saying whole AoS process was complete and positive.

Not sure whether, if , or when DIMA will be or has been notified.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Aww thanks for that Happymum.

My sister is waiting for an appointment at the moment. However, we have a couple of outstanding things that DIMIA want first so I am going to send them next week with Inter parcel. Then my sister will hopefully have word that she has an appointment. They have everything to take with them. When they take all the stuff, CentreLink look at it then send them away? is this right? Then they write them a letter telling them they have positive thingy? (good with words eh!)

After that hold long do you have to pay it. I want to know everything is ok with the paper work that I have sent before I pay it you see.

big hugs if you have an answer if not, big hugs anyway lol

hugs Lace xx