Reload this Page >

AoS appointment with Centrelink

AoS appointment with Centrelink

Old Mar 16th 2005, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Jane Norgate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AoS appointment with Centrelink

Hi,
Can someone please tell me if the Assurers find out at there interview whether they have been accepted or whether they have to go away and wait to here.
Thanks
Jane
Old Mar 18th 2005, 10:51 am
Sydneysider & loving it!!

molloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: AoS appointment with Centrelink

Originally Posted by Jane Norgate
Hi,
Can someone please tell me if the Assurers find out at there interview whether they have been accepted or whether they have to go away and wait to here.
Thanks
Jane
Not sure.

I also wanted to know what kind of questions are asked and what chances of failure!

Old Mar 18th 2005, 10:53 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but what assurors and what interview??
Old Mar 18th 2005, 11:15 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by hevs
Sorry, but what assurors and what interview??
With some visa's you have to obtain Assurance Of Support [AOS]. In basic terms, the assurer assures DIMIA the person obtaining the visa will not obtain any kind of benefits within X whilst living in Aus [timescales determined by DIMIA - think normally 2 years[ish]] and should the person fraudulently receive benefits, then the Assuror coughs up and pays it back to the government body concerned. Normally a bond is requested to [which is returned to the assurer after the determined timescale] so anything over and above the bond that is fraudulently obtained, would be paid back by the Assuror.

When someone offers to be an Assuror they are invited in by Centrelink for an interview. The interview is for Centerlink to obtain Tax file no, details of earnings / Tax etc and clarify personal details e.g how many people on the visa are to be suported etc and from Centerlink's position, to inform the assurer of the risks involved.

Centerlink normally confirm verbally that the Assuror has passed the criteria required however a letter is sent to the Assuror to cofirm in writing, normally within a week.

Phew

Old Mar 18th 2005, 11:18 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

yeah yeah, i know all about an assuror of support but mine never had an interview, just a mountain of paper work, thats why i asked the questions....
Old Mar 18th 2005, 11:21 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by hevs
yeah yeah, i know all about an assuror of support but mine never had an interview, just a mountain of paper work, thats why i asked the questions....
You're welcome hevs

Maybe different visa's do different AOS?

No idea then. Ask on immigration site