AOL....question

Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

pagey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOL....question

When i close my AOL account and leave for Oz next week , will i lose all my contacts in my address book or are they stored on my computer ?
If so can i just transfer them some way without having to type in everyones details again ?
Cheers
Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:35 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOL....question

Originally posted by pagey
When i close my AOL account and leave for Oz next week , will i lose all my contacts in my address book or are they stored on my computer ?
If so can i just transfer them some way without having to type in everyones details again ?
Cheers

Yes you will

If you goto AOL technical support, they will tell you that faves organise and downloads are not available for use on AOL AU.

Screennames are also lost, but you may reapply adter 6 months:

COPY OF EMAIL WE HAD BACK

Dear Steve,

Thank you for contacting AOL|7 Member Services.

Primus - AOL broadband in Australia does not use the AOL software to connect so you will not be able to establish your PFC and Favourites. If you wish to open an account in Australia you will have to establish you email addresses, eg [email protected]. In regards to your old screennames they are re-registerable after 6 months once the screennames have been cancelled but only with the AOL Dial up software as the AOL software is required when connecting to the Internet. Please note our Technical support email address is [email protected]

We hope the information provided here has been helpful to you. If you have additional questions, please let us know by replying to this message. In your reply please include your original message as well as our reply to ensure the necessary information needed will be readily available. You may also contact us by phoning us on 1800 265 265 (24 Hours / 7 Days a week) or by visiting Keyword HELP.

Kind regards,
Dean
Primus-AOL.
1800 265 265
Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Cheers timber , i thought that would be the case , i think i`ll just print them all off and keep them together till i get a new isp in Oz
Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:51 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers timber , i thought that would be the case , i think i`ll just print them all off and keep them together till i get a new isp in Oz

or get a free email account from gmail.com which is google, email all your faves, to that etc and then re load in oz.

Im trying to find out if i keep my emails on my computer, can i open them with another programme in oz, and email them to my new aol acct. but no luck as yet
Old Jul 17th 2004, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

never thought of that , i already have a hotmail acc set up , i`ll mail them to that , i can still access hotmail in Oz cant i?
Old Jul 17th 2004, 10:10 pm
PommieLeague

Cheers
Who are you using to send your pc to Aus? How much as well. thanks

Old Jul 18th 2004, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Lathlain
Who are you using to send your pc to Aus? How much as well. thanks
Its just going in the container with the rest of the furniture , we are using Brittania but i cant really say how much it is to just send the pc but the shipment for all we are taking comes to £2g ( shared container ) with ins , hope this helps
Old Jul 18th 2004, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

hiya guys

just a quick aside to the original poster....MAKE sure you cancel the AOL thing in writing...and keep copies. We thought we had done this and have discovered (almost 2 years later) that the cheeky sods were still taking the £15 a month from our credit card!! They have been trying it on with us saying we didn't cancel in writing (which I'm sure I did but I never kept the copies cos they were on old computer that we ditched back in the UK)

managed to get 6 months money back...but just wanted you all to know to beware!!

love sophia xx