Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anywhere open Christmas day in perth?

Anywhere open Christmas day in perth?

Old Dec 25th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anywhere open Christmas day in perth?

Any pubs, shops / clubs open christmas day anyone know?

Is boxing day open at most shops as well?
Old Dec 25th 2007, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Anywhere open Christmas day in perth?

Originally Posted by dave99

Nothing down our way and I would think 26th as well. Anyway too hot for anything other than the beach/pool 40 today

bruce
Old Dec 25th 2007, 11:12 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Anywhere open Christmas day in perth?

Originally Posted by bruce67
Nothing down our way and I would think 26th as well. Anyway too hot for anything other than the beach/pool 40 today

bruce
41 tomorrow too.

Too hot to go anywhere again.
Old Dec 25th 2007, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

The beech was open up here......The kids loved it
Old Dec 25th 2007, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

ice cream shop open in Rockingham (perth region) today.... was gobsmacked for about 5 seconds then went in to buy some....
Old Dec 25th 2007, 2:36 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously what the frig do you want to be open christmas day?
Old Dec 25th 2007, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Anywhere open Christmas day in perth?

If the bread has gone hard centro's in Freo, Rockingham and Mandurah are open but with sales starting I wouldn't want to be near them.

How did you all cope with the temperature yesterday!?

Bruce
Old Dec 25th 2007, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bruce67
If the bread has gone hard centro's in Freo, Rockingham and Mandurah are open but with sales starting I wouldn't want to be near them.

How did you all cope with the temperature yesterday!?

Bruce
With no air con it was a nightmare yesterday trying to just get through the day with sweat pouring off us. I have seen somewhere that rents air con units and I am praying they will be open today otherwise I guess we are going to try and find a shopping centre or cinema to sit in for the day.

Add to that having to spend last night killing noisey crickets in the backgarden and catching a creepy crawly running around the kitchen and its not exactly been a great christmas !
Old Dec 26th 2007, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Exclamation Re: Anywhere open Christmas day in perth?

With no air con it was a nightmare yesterday trying to just get through the day with sweat pouring off us. I have seen somewhere that rents air con units and I am praying they will be open today otherwise I guess we are going to try and find a shopping centre or cinema to sit in for the day.

Add to that having to spend last night killing noisey crickets in the backgarden and catching a creepy crawly running around the kitchen and its not exactly been a great christmas !
You must be mad, I didn't have the energy to stand let alone chase insects- I think even the insects were overheating. Its already 38 in perth(10am) but we are off to my cousins today and they have aircon - good luck with your search.

Bruce.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all

Leedi hotel is open tonight. Personally I wouldn't be there if I wasn't working. Last week I ended up with blood all over my shirt from one of four separate street brawls after chuck-out. So if you fancy your chances amongst 18 year-olds and students who can't handle their drink, spew up and fight each other (and that's just the girls), then go ahead. Otherwise I'd stay indoors and enjoy a drink or two under the aircon!
Old Dec 26th 2007, 7:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you stop killing crickets please. However if you have to, there is really no need to tell anyone. It's bizarre. They are harmless and living outside in their world. I have no idea how you would kill one but I'm happy to stay ignorant.

You Perth lot should be over here. I'm in jeans, t shirt and a pully The rain has gone, the crickets are talking and I would really like to see the sun tomorrow please.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all

Kill 50 crickets and you'll hear 5000 more...
Old Dec 26th 2007, 8:57 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Can you stop killing crickets please. However if you have to, there is really no need to tell anyone. It's bizarre. They are harmless and living outside in their world. I have no idea how you would kill one but I'm happy to stay ignorant.

You Perth lot should be over here. I'm in jeans, t shirt and a pully The rain has gone, the crickets are talking and I would really like to see the sun tomorrow please.
I have to agree with you about the crickets. After a very short while you get so used to hearing them that you're able to tune them out. Now I notice when they aren't chirping.

As for the heat, it was over 44 here today and our power went out, so no air con. Hub and the kids went to the beach but I had a nap instead. It was hot, but it's forecast to be cooler tomorrow. We're sending the heat over your way, Pen.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Our temperature reached 44.2c which is 112 fahrenheit . I'm wilting.
At 6pm Perth was officially the hottest place on earth, the sun not having risen in other parts of the world.
It is still 38c with a cool 32c change tomorrow before hotting up again to 40c by New Years Eve
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Love this weather cooler tomorrow so off to Perth for the sales

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.