Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anything cheesy as Butlin's in Australia?

anything cheesy as Butlin's in Australia?

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

ianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the rough
Default anything cheesy as Butlin's in Australia?

Hello, we just booked our next Butlin's holiday which made me wonder if anything comparable is there in Oz? I was highly sceptical when we went the first time, and although I doubt I'd go without kids it was great to see how crazy excited my daughter got about more or less everything. And this year they even got Barney! I'm sure the poor dino will have my son tailing him for hte full week. There obviously are 10000 other (and arguably better - for my taste at least) things to do for school breaks in Oz, but are there some comparably cheesy entertainment holidays?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anything cheesy as Butlin's in Australia?

Originally Posted by ianandmel
Hello, we just booked our next Butlin's holiday which made me wonder if anything comparable is there in Oz? I was highly sceptical when we went the first time, and although I doubt I'd go without kids it was great to see how crazy excited my daughter got about more or less everything. And this year they even got Barney! I'm sure the poor dino will have my son tailing him for hte full week. There obviously are 10000 other (and arguably better - for my taste at least) things to do for school breaks in Oz, but are there some comparably cheesy entertainment holidays?

Not that I'm aware of, Closest you could get would be a cruise ship around the local Pacific islands during school holidays. They aren't that expensive either.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:05 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Not that I'm aware of, Closest you could get would be a cruise ship around the local Pacific islands during school holidays. They aren't that expensive either.
That sounds awful
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ianandmel
Hi there.
Cannot help you with question but we went to Butlins in 2004 and I had an image of some dreary 70's camp. It was amazingly smart and modern and like the slogan says the kids love it.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
That sounds awful
People seem to enjoy them, its not anywhere near as full on as Butlins, They have lots of kids activities and plenty of entertainment for the Adults. The food is really good.

Edit check this out... they do specials as certain times of year aimed at families. Haven't been able to find anything specific but it's quiet upmarket.

http://www.pocruises.com.au/html/s902-south-pacific.cfm

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 3rd 2008 at 8:19 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:38 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

Don't know if it still exists, but we went a couple of times, to Ocean Blue in Surfers. It is/was a hotel resort with lots of entertainment for adults and kids alike, kept entertained all day and evening. Then there are the theme parks around the area to take the children for days out.

Wouldn't know of anything like Butlins in Aus, why would they want them when they have gorgeous beaches and sunshine? Holiday camps are ok over here because you never know what kind of weather you're going to get!