Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone work for qantas or cathay?

anyone work for qantas or cathay?

Old Aug 10th 2005, 7:56 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default anyone work for qantas or cathay?

I am trying to fly from Perth to HKG and the above airlines are the only one's who fly direct and the flights are amazingly expensive.

Does anyone in the the know, know of any places to get cheaper than normal prices.

Cheers
Kala
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone work for qantas or cathay?

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I am trying to fly from Perth to HKG and the above airlines are the only one's who fly direct and the flights are amazingly expensive.

Does anyone in the the know, know of any places to get cheaper than normal prices.

Cheers
Kala
Hi Kala,
I'm fairly sure that Pollyana has a freind who works for Qantas - maybe send her a PM.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:09 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Hi Kala,
I'm fairly sure that Pollyana has a freind who works for Qantas - maybe send her a PM.
Thanks I'l drop her a line.

Cheers
Kala.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Kala, wish I did! No mates at Qantas now, all bmi, and other UK airlines.
I'm going home with Cathay in October, and got a flight through www.zuji.com.au - thats from BNE via HKG - about $1700, booked a few months back.
I did look at doing the same thing as you, cos I could fly on "Friends and Family" rate from HKG (not as cheap as yours ) but it didn't work out much cheaper cos of the flight price to HKG. Can you not get an "F & F flight on a codeshare with Virgin?
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:34 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sorry Kala, wish I did! No mates at Qantas now, all bmi, and other UK airlines.
I'm going home with Cathay in October, and got a flight through www.zuji.com.au - thats from BNE via HKG - about $1700, booked a few months back.
I did look at doing the same thing as you, cos I could fly on "Friends and Family" rate from HKG (not as cheap as yours ) but it didn't work out much cheaper cos of the flight price to HKG. Can you not get an "F & F flight on a codeshare with Virgin?

AHh never mind, pain in the bum isn't it,

I can get a freebee (well 30 quid) from either SYD or HKG, it is about $1000 rtn to HKG and about $600 rtn to SYD. I cant see the point in goin from Gero to Per to SYD to fly straight back pretty much over PER on the VS flight to LHR via HKG when for another $400 I can go direct to HKG and not worry about being Standby on 2 legs of the flight.

I think I am just being realy fussy cos I have always had my parents in aviation and for the last 5 years I have been aswell so have never really paid for a flight before and it is all a bit of a shock to the system.

basically I am being a spoilt brat

Ant isn't coming with me and I was gonna get him a suprise ticket for him to join me for 2 weeks but thats gonna cost another grand plus extra spending money of a good couple of grand whilst he is there so looks like it might be out of the question.

Oh well never mind.

Cheers
Kala
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:35 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Pollyanna, What date you goin? might see ya in HKG or LHR

Kala
Old Aug 10th 2005, 10:11 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Pollyanna, What date you goin? might see ya in HKG or LHR

Kala
Over on the 20th Oct, back Nov 6th - think you were planning on a bit earlier weren't you?
Old Aug 10th 2005, 1:09 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Over on the 20th Oct, back Nov 6th - think you were planning on a bit earlier weren't you?
Yeah I was planning oct origianlly aswell but I have gotta plan it round the school half term as the flights via HKG get pretty full with school kids goin home to HKG for the hols

So I m goin mid sept and coming back at around 18-20 October so still might se ya in HKG when I am on my way back and you on the way there

Have a great trip, it'l be good to see those South downs again

Kala
Old Aug 10th 2005, 1:15 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Is it true you are going back to get a broom upgrade ?
The dates are right
Old Aug 10th 2005, 1:24 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by Bix
Is it true you are going back to get a broom upgrade ?
The dates are right
And you get to see all the fireworks, we're not alowed them over here, you are gonna have so much fun
Old Aug 10th 2005, 1:28 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Kala, did your sis enjoy it here ?
Old Aug 10th 2005, 2:21 pm
Home and Happy

Bix, yep, the broom is in for a service and upgrade - need to avoid all the death Eaters around these days, so I need so extra speed Not actually flying ON Hallowe'en this time, but its pretty close.

Kala, we may well pass in Hong kong! Wouldn't that be odd. My hols are done around halfterm too, but my sister is in Bristol, and they have started a six term year there, which gives them weird holidays.
The rest of the time I'll be in Worthing, revisiting familiar Sussex country pubs , can't wait for meals and good beer in dark pubs, by log fires
Might try and get to Lewes as I'll be there for Firework Night - that really would be like old times
Old Aug 10th 2005, 2:28 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by Bix
Kala, did your sis enjoy it here ?
Yeah she loved it thanks. she spent about 2 weeks up there and has been traveling down the east coast. she has just arrived in Sydney and then goes back to Adelaide where her bloke is, then in oct she heads back to England taking home my poor mother 2nd Aussie Son In Law so I;'l see her when she gets back to the UK.

Thanks again
Kala
Old Aug 10th 2005, 2:34 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Bix, yep, the broom is in for a service and upgrade - need to avoid all the death Eaters around these days, so I need so extra speed Not actually flying ON Hallowe'en this time, but its pretty close.

Kala, we may well pass in Hong kong! Wouldn't that be odd. My hols are done around halfterm too, but my sister is in Bristol, and they have started a six term year there, which gives them weird holidays.
The rest of the time I'll be in Worthing, revisiting familiar Sussex country pubs , can't wait for meals and good beer in dark pubs, by log fires
Might try and get to Lewes as I'll be there for Firework Night - that really would be like old times

Lewis for Bonfire night, that is pretty much what Bonfire night is about. I might just accidently book my flight to return in Nov so I have to accidently stay for 2 months so I get to have bonfire night in Sussex.

Hong Kong is one of the worse places to fly Standby from when it is the holidays because so many Hong Kong kids go to school in the UK so travelling standby is a nightmare, tried it once at easter and spent too many days to remember at LLHR trying to get to OZ, ended up goin via LA which I'd never do again so I avoid school hols like the plague now.

I really hope you have a great time over there, I've been talking to the few mates who know I am going back, (the rest are being suprised) and I am so excited, the afternoon sessions down the pub are well and truely planned.

I'l let you knwo the dates I book and maybe see you in HKG

Kala
Old Aug 10th 2005, 2:39 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

And you get to see all the fireworks, we're not alowed them over here, you are gonna have so much fun

fireworks are not allowed in australia, or is it just WA?

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.